Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Test to How to Train a Toddler for the Olympics 
A lover continues to pass the test of love  
A father prepares his toddler to pass the test for the Olympics 


The Test (villanelle) 

Each morning brings another chance to say
As once again the sun renews the light
I love you more than I did yesterday
-
Was there a kiss that I let go astray
Or make a memory that wasn’t right
Each morning brings another chance to say
-
Though tears will come to add to our dismay
With you my heart I hold one vision tight
I love you more than I did yesterday
-
What winds will blow to heighten disarray
And try to force us further into night
Each morning brings another chance to say
-
How fate must howl to see such brash display
To hear two lovers’ answer to its blight
I love you more than I did yesterday
-
We know that fate still lurks not far away
But as it waits to test us as it might
Each morning brings another chance to say
I love you more than I did yesterday


A lover's form is challenged in this villanelle. The first and third lines of the first stanza are repeated throughout this poem, as they are in all villanelle. Yet this lover manages to keep them fresh. Notice that this verse uses conflict to keep the story interesting. But the conflicts are not let to enter the love affair directly. 

Arlene and I weren't much into morning rituals. Our life was such that it was sometimes hard to believe that the night (and/or day) before really happened at all. There were the dances, the parties, the events, just being together and the oceans of other precious moments. Even our time as parents was extraordinary. There was our son, Peter, who at 4 years old proved himself to be scholastically gifted. Our daughter, Robin, at 12 years old got it in her head that she was going to be a chef. As remarkable as our children were, this time for Arlene and I would be grander than anything we had known before (except our wedding day). Then came the masonic days and as unbelievable as life was for Arlene and I, these days would be joyfully unreal. A note about our wedding day. It was flawless and perfect in every way. Arlene and I lived a perfect day. Except for our wedding day and the misery of that small apartment, in the Richmond, life for Arlene and I just kept getting better. And in all of this was a love. A love that kept growing and evolving. Arlene and I weren't much into morning rituals. But things became a little more believable after an, "I love you." 

Life was pretty good to Arlene and me. But keep in mind we came from an environment where we were in front of people. I spent my school days on stage. Arlene was in the school orchestra. As teenagers, we helped each other reach some of our dreams. (Me becoming a dancer was part of Arlene's dream.) The point is that Arlene's and my lifestyle and happiness was much different than a couple, let's say, trying to grow the perfect rose. We are all different. So is the key(s) to are individual happiness. Arlene and I were pretty exciting. But so is that rose. So is, or can be, all of our lives. Life is special. Our life is special. As special as our life is, I believe, more special opportunities are waiting to make our lives so much more. More of our unique dreams come true. More of whatever it takes to make us complete. So as we greet another day, Enjoy. 

Back to the poem: Spiral Staircase "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday" 

Now that the Olympics are over it's time to plan for the future 


The first modern Olympics held under the auspices of the International Olympic Committee was hosted in the Panathenaic Stadium in Athens in 1896. The Games brought together 14 nations and 241 athletes who competed in 43 events. La Guardia Cross is planning for the future. He is training his daughter. Amalah, now for future Olympics. Amalah is only 1, so he has plenty of time to raise a champion for tomorrow. 
Amala's age is just one of the problems. "How to Train a Toddler for the Olympics" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



I look at you and see 
the rest of my life in front of my eyes
Unknown

10 comments:

  1. Hello, love the poem. I especially love the line " I love you more than I did yesterday". Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm compliment.
      Enjoy the days ahead

      Delete
  2. Goes with the saying I use..."I love him more today than yesterday and less than tomorrow".
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet this is part of is smile.
      Happy this touched you.
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. Life is indeed special - for those with open hearts, eyes, minds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a feeling that you know.
      Thank you for this place in your mind

      Delete
  4. What a lovely poem. I'm glad you and Arlene had so many special moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessings of your wonderful words

      Delete
  5. it can sure be special indeed, have to want and make our hopes take seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the fruits are great memories.
      As you will see.
      Thank you

      Delete