Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Lovers At Sea to Arm Through Window 
Lovers lost the key to happiness 
Magician locked his keys inside his truck 


Lovers At Sea (poem) 

Lovers at sea
Nothing to be
Nowhere to flee
Trapped aimlessly
Eyes cannot see
How to get free
Their destiny
Mercilessly
Taking its fee
Losing the key
Doorway to glee
Times happily
Lost memory
Lost soulless plea
Lost to this sea
-
But waves kiss the shore
Of paradise close by
Bathed in the sunlight
Of promised forever
Delighting
Inviting
Enticing
-
Lovers at sea
Nothing to be
Nowhere to flee
Trapped aimlessly 


Promise seems hopelessly away in this poem. If the beginning of this poem seemed somewhat boring and unimaginative and may even have gotten on our nerves then the poem did its trick. In fact the word "Lost" was added to the last three lines of the first stanza to add to the tedium. Then, appears the free verse. Refreshing and full of hope. Only to return to reality. 

Arlene and I knew Laura and Brett since high school. Laura was Arlene's classmate. Brett kind of came into the picture. They were a fun couple to hang out with. What made them even more fun was that they seemed to have the same "make-out" schedule as Arlene and me. When the mood hit us, we would disappear and meet again wearing a big smile. Laura and Brett got married a year after Arlene and me. They changed. They seemed to get old fast. They liked to visit with Arlene and me. It reminded them of the "good old" days. We invited them to go out with us, but they always had something else that had to be done first. Laura would meet with Arlene to find out how she and Brett might be more like us. But as time went on, Brett and Laura , though they loved each other very much, got older and older. At times having dinner with them was like having dinner with Arlene's parents. Brett and Laura stayed together, but couldn't rekindle the magic of old. Here is one more thing about the poem. Is it about Laura and Brett? Or is it about Arlene and me wondering what happened to our friends? 

It is easy for me to tell people that we are as old as we think. I was very active. As a parent, I forgot about my age. In my 40's I worked with people in their 60's and above; and even these acted twice their age. Still, I look back to the days Arlene and I introduced the parties to these once old men. I saw, first hand, couples revisiting a time, long believed lost. As time went on, this more youthful behavior extended beyond the parties. From the moment we are born, the body gets older. But I believe, I have seen that our minds have the power of agelessness. The mind can sometimes do what the body can't. All that is require us is to believe. Believe and we are young again. Believe and tomorrow is ours. Believe in how special you are. Believe and Enjoy. 


Let's all do some sailing away with: Govi "Sailing Away" 

How about a touch more magic 


Rumor has it, in 2017 Volvo plans to introduce cars that will not lock and unlock with keys but with a mobile phone application. This means no more locking our keys in the car. But that is in the future. What can we do if we lock our keys in the car now? Here's what Rahat Hossain, of MagicofRahat, does. 
Also, there's the magic hammer. "ARM THROUGH WINDOW MAGIC TRICK!!" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Aging is not lost youth but a new stage 
of opportunity and strength. 
Betty Friedan

12 comments:

  1. Belief can take one far, that and exercise, sitting around and gaining 200 pounds won't make you feel good no matter how much you believe lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we have to see that 200lbs may be a belief.
      Thank you for your valuable thoughts

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's sad to see couples falling into this hole, acting your age is not for me, responding to my impulses is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.
      Thank you for leaving your input.

      Delete
  3. There are things I like about getting older, but I do agree--staying youthful in some aspects, especially about enjoying love and life, are key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our life. Enjoy your freedom to choose.
      Thank you for providing this valuable insight

      Delete
  4. Some parts of me are old. Some parts will never grow up. Which is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me for saying. The person with the blog is ageless.
      Thank you for one more added insight

      Delete
  5. Interesting poem and thoughts. Aging definitely can be different for everyone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit
      I hope time is treating you well

      Delete
  6. Interesting title, so the key to adventures is locked inside the truck so how can one travel the open road/sea if they can't get into the truck. Ok, just pondering.

    They say you're as young as you feel and I feel young in heart and spirit. Of course I am a dreamer so I can dream up a new adventure everyday!

    I've had people tell me my blog is not serious, WHAT???? Of course it is an outlet for me I don't want it to be all serious. My inner child likes to play.

    Oh, and lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! So much to be taken in.
      What a gift.
      Thank you, thank you, thank you
      As far as you blog... you're right. You are the key to success

      Delete