Saturday, September 10, 2016

Paradise Shore to Honest Airline Commercial 
How did a lover reach paradise shore 
Not with this airline 


Paradise Shore (Shakespearean sonnet) 

To what enchanted shore have I been lead
Where tides of passion roam amidst the waves
Of fantasies now dancing in my head
Till reasoning itself now misbehaves
-
Anticipation teasing at desire
Aflame by kisses raining from some star
Imagination shouts from out its spire
Set wandering yet knowing where you are
-
If senses ceased their voyage through the clouds
Why would they light my way from off your isle
What remains can clear your pleasures’ shrouds
To sail would only lead me to your smile
-
My dream made real accept the heart you’ve won
Forever sharing shores a tide begun 


A lover cannot escape, so he might as well give in to the pleasures of this Shakespearean sonnet. Line after line is filled with pleasure. Even the conflict stanza (the third quatrain) cannot escape the pleasure flowing over the entire sonnet. The lover finally resolves himself in the rhyming couplet. 

Those were unbelievable times with Arlene. I am not complaining nor attempting to cut what we had short, but I briefly suspected that there was more to our relationship than meets the eye or can be explained. Every once in awhile a weird thought would run through my brain. Let me try to give an example. I have always thought that Arlene was beautiful (from the first I fell in love with her). The thought would enter my "brain". Is she really that beautiful? There were girls who looked much better than the pictures of Arlene that I kept at work.(At least while this crazy thought was floating in my head.) When the real Arlene came into my view, of course she is the most beautiful. The thought would vanish as if had never been there. Side by side there really never was anyone more beautiful than Arlene. (Or was there?) Did Arlene cast a spell over me? Was I a really happy prisoner of a woman's delight? Yes, I lived in paradise. Her name was Arlene. 

Love is a wonder. It can be the source of joy beyond belief or a storm of pain. It has the power to change the world. A poet's best friend. Songs are written about it. Monuments have been erected to it. Civilizations have come and gone because of it, Yes, love is a wonder. And this wonder is granted to us. Granted to us to use. To use to make us all, to that one person in our life. To use to bring joy to thousands of children. Love is that powerful, that endless and more. Our's. That is how special we are, that this limitless everything is there, here. everywhere. Waiting for us to discover it. Waiting  for us to discover us. Waiting for us ti discover and Enjoy. 


To go with this, I selected for our enjoyment: Ibiza Sunset "Vanilla Twilight" 

We've heard about good airlines but have we heard about EveRy Airlines 


KLM, or Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (Royal Dutch Airlines), established on 7 October 1919, is the world's oldest commercial airline. EveRy is the world's worst airline and proud of it. Ryan Higa, of nigahiga, introduces us to this controversial airline.
EveRy may be the worst airline, but they are the most honest. "Honest Airline Commercial"

If you enjoyed this video press this link to Love Literally 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Love doesn't make the world go 'round. 
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. 
Franklin P. Jones

16 comments:

  1. Love is powerful. Have a great weekend Martin!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm wishes
      May your days be full of joy

      Delete
  2. Yep, love sure is the root cause of much, a lot good, some bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words indicate you have been lucky.
      Here's to more luck
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. I do love a powerful sonnet that spills secrets from the heart. There is something about this place of yours that touches me inside. Pondering....

    The airline video was hilarious. I have to say I bought some luggage not too long ago and flew a few weeks ago and you should see it. It looks like it has traveled quite a bit, my sky blue luggage now had dark clouds.

    Have a nice day Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your gracious comments.
      I'm happy that you enjoyed the video
      Great day

      Delete
    2. ps - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and true beauty is more than the outer shell. Just my opinion.

      Delete
    3. your opinion is accept and welcome (infinitely more)

      Delete
  4. Of course she was beautiful. To you, which is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there something you're not telling me? (hee hee)
      Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Some kind of nostalgy I feel in your sonnet and thoughts about love and paradize.
    Don't we always able create the paradize in your hearts and spirits? Can this romantic love turn into unconditional? These questions and others I was pondering while reading your poem and haibun. ~ Thank you for being avid visitor to my blog. I appreciate your words very much! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this great addition to this edition. It adds such value.
      I enjoyed my visit to The Sunbeam

      Delete
  6. What a lovely poem filled with beauty! Definitely I think how we feel about someone influences how we see them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The riddle is: how we see a person is influenced by something else.
      Thank you for your compliment

      Delete
  7. No one is more beautiful than the one who has captured our heart!!! Loved this, Martin!!!!!! Wonderful sonnet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and the comforting words

      Delete