Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Promised Isle to SpaceX Interplanetary Transport 
Lovers reach their paradise 
Mankind prepares for interplanetary travel 


The Promised Isle (Shakespearean sonnet) 

We made it to the island we were drawn
This place so long ago we dreamed we’d be
Here is the hope we built a life upon
Just open up your eyes and gaze with me
-
From here the sea we traveled looks so calm
Bold storms enhancing shadows far away
While here soft breezes offer heaven’s balm
So rest my love there’s time enough to play
-
For all around such wonders to explore
And time it has no purposes to keep
And cares became the things of fabled yore
All this and more when you wake from your sleep
-
Dream on my love we made our promised isle
And as you dream I’ll be there in a while 


Something more is hidden in this Shakespearean sonnet. This is a sonnet about a couple who arrived at their goal. There is one thing missing that should lead us to something hidden in this sonnet. Clue: Most of my sonnets have conflict stanzas. This one does't seem to have one. Or does it?

For me, life is a wonder. My childhood was pretty messed up. Then I met Arlene and everything seemed worth it. Arlene and I went through many phases and weathered many storms. We survived it all, together. We did some pretty remarkable things on the way. We were never financially rich. Life granted us just enough money to get by. We were blessed with two outstanding children, Peter and Robin. By the time we reached our 40's Arlene and I had lived a full, rich and remarkable life. Then we were made young again. Life's situation required us to turn back time and be that 25ish year old couple again. Life got even better. We learned to live beyond money. Arlene ad I were so popular that others would often pay our way. People were constantly trying to treat us for something we had done. On August 11, 2003 Arlene died. She lived such a full life that for three days people came to her viewing. There wasn't enough room at her evening vigil or the funeral mass the next day. The Masons, a men's organization, held a reception in Arlene's honor. Arlene had reached the promised isle. 

I still say, life is a wonder. The love of my life has died. But for five days an endless flow of people, of faces would help these tear swept eyes see how full our life had been. Most people comment how short life is, how quickly time passes. I don't feel like this. For me, time goes by real slow. I have lived and enjoyed many lifetimes with Arlene. Now I am living yet another life with Amor. Is our life too short? Is time too short? I wish that I could share my secret. If there is a secret at all. All I can say is: Live life to the fullest. Fill life with the things that make you happy, things that are important to you. Life is a wonder. Your wonder. Claim it. Live it. And Enjoy. 


What do you think, Kenny: Kenny G "The Moon Represent my Heart" 

Is our luggage packed 


Mars is the fourth planet from the sun and last of the terrestrial planets. A little less know fact is that over 100,000 people have applied for a one-way trip to colonize Mars in 2022. Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, better known as SpaceX, is one of the companies planning on taking them there. SpaceX, is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California. It was founded in 2002 by former PayPal entrepreneur and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk. 
How do they plan on doing this? A video is wort 1,000 words. "SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Somewhere there's a score being kept, 
so you have an obligation to live life 
as well as you can, be as engaged as you can. 
Bill Murray

12 comments:

  1. Very true. Those that say it is too short, usually want to do more because they failed to do it earlier. Have to live it up while one can, along with slaving away for pay to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree. I suspect there are layers of depth why one thinks life is tool short.
      Thank you for leaving your valuable insight

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you are able to hang onto the positives. It makes life easier and more pleasant. For you, and for those around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the complement and motivation

      Delete
  3. You seem to find the positive in so much. I'm glad of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely sonnet.It's always good to get a little glimpse into a personal life. You were lucky to find that special person. It is terrible to have lost your love too soon.But you have found love again and that is a good thing.There is so much sadness in the world it's good to witness a little sunshine in a life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say.
      Thank you for your warm regards of hope and sunshine

      Delete
  5. I'm sleeping till I'm dreaming
    I'm dreaming till I'm awakening

    lovely sonnet as always...you capture the essence of life and dreams as they are entwined into a new reality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sterling complement!
      Thank you for the support and light

      Delete
  6. Hello, beautiful poem. It is great you have found a new love and I always say live like your were dying. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Live like it's the last day." Good philosophy
      Thank you and may you be blessed

      Delete