Friday, September 16, 2016

This Gift to Color of Reality 
A lover kisses reality 
A painting meets reality 


This Gift (English sonnet) 

I felt you drifting by again last night
As lips of mine were taken by a dream
Whose passion made imagination steam
Till only thoughts of you remained in sight
-
I lay within your arms amid the stream
Of promises your presence would ignite
While wondering what senses would excite
Warm breezes adding music to your theme
-
As morning comes to wash the night away
To echo in another memory
A soft familiar scent still thrills the air
-
I open up my window to this day
This gift which changes all reality
Sweet Jasmine is my lover waiting there 


A mixed scene toys with our imagination in this English sonnet. A sweet love sonnet carries us away. In the quatrains a lover describes his night. The triplets announce the arrival of the dawn. In the end we are struck with a question. Was the lover talking about a person (his lover) or a flower (jasmine)? 

Let me put this riddle to a rest. Hopefully. The large flat, of the disco days, that Arlene and I enjoyed, had a very small garden. It consisted of two wooden garden chairs, a small table and a wall of jasmine. It was an intoxicating escape on warm day or nights when we were free. And we were free. I love the scent of jasmine. When I had gardens of my own, I planted jasmine so that the scent would come into the bedroom. So Martin loves jasmine. Arlene's skin, to me, was perfect. Add a little Opium perfume and the fragrance of Arlene's skin was exactly the same as jasmine. So, Martin loves jasmine because it reminds him of Arlene. Arlene and I enjoyed a perfect day. It was our wedding day. That evening we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I still remember, the scent of jasmine that filled the air from the gardens around the hotel. There, the riddle is solved. ???

So here we have it. Three things become one. Do I really love jasmine or is this just memories at play? What does it matter? We're just talking about a flower. What about phobias? It may be surprising that some of what we take in didn't happen at all. Or past is seasoning our present. What can we do about it. Be aware that it is happening. Happening to everyone, Try to live a positive life. This will add a positive seasoning to all else we do. And as we know, positive attract positives. Some of us may find ourselves in less than favorable circumstances. Find something, anything positive. It all starts from here. Paint yourself the beautiful world that you deserve, and Enjoy. 


Talk about enjoying, let's enjoy: George Benson "Breezin" 

Now the other side of reality 


Alexa Meade is an installation artist best known for her portraits painted directly onto the human body and inanimate objects in a way that collapses depth and makes her models appear two-dimensional when photographed. Transfixed by racial, political, and socioeconomic tensions saturating the news, movement artists Jon Boogz and Lil Buck, enveloped by the art of Alexa Meade, switch off the TV and release their emotion into a stirring dance that is both a lament and a spirited call to action. 
A mesmerizing reflection of the state of today’s society. "Jon Boogz | Alexa Meade | Lil Buck| 'Color of Reality'" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Memories are the key not to the past, 
but to the future. 
Corrie Ten Boom

10 comments:

  1. Positive can lead to many a thing, even if you're positive something will be negative lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I positively agree
      I am positive we can handle it
      Positively thank you

      Delete
  2. I have been lucky. Even on the very worst of days, there has been something of beauty around me. It doesn't change the nastiness, but it DOES make it easy to face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Can I get a witness!"
      Thank for stepping forward and attesting a trurh

      Delete
  3. Jasmine has a lovely scent, how wonderful that in that scent you are reminded of a love. The poem is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Before you answered the riddle I was thinking you were in love with the scent of love. Therefore, it is the intoxicating scent that pulls you in. I thought the poem was about a lover and the flower as they are connected to beauty.

    Positive energy attracts positive energy. A wise man told relationships and life are filled with both forms of energy. Positive and negative. He said if the negative energy is draining your internal battery you need to disconnect it. He told me to visualize myself disconnecting the cable. This allows for positive energy to circulate internally and externally. This analogy has stayed with me. Just a thought as I am always thinking.

    It is not always easy, but my mantra is I choose the frequency of love! I coined this phrase after a dream.

    As you can tell, I have a lot to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, The poem is about both.

      I learned about the power of positive energy from Chevron. They make tons of money being positive. Their mantra is: How can we be better.

      Thank you for so much to think about

      Delete
  5. Don't mind me - I'm off for a cold shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the clever comment - appreciate

      Delete