Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I Drift Upon Reason to Election Wisdom 
It's okay if a lover drifts upon reason 
But the most powerful country on earth drifting upon reason 


I Drift Upon Reason (English sonnet) 

I drift upon the reason I am here
The mornings blessed with promises of you
My everything in which I wander though
It all appears each heartbeat you are near
-
Each breeze surrenders sighs of something new
As ways of endless wonderment appear
My purpose for a dream is now quite clear
To show the vastness of a love this true
-
Who knows the meaning of the stars’ array
Forget forever right now is more dear
To mold into a lovers’ fantasy
-
Forgive me if your beauty makes me stray
I drift upon the reason I am here
And thank you for the moments spent with me 


Just above all reason drifts a lover in this English sonnet. A straight forward love sonnet. As the sonnet progresses we are led to believe the speaker is drifting in his love. As the first triplet appears we find out the speaker is above reason. Worlds beyond, fashioned by her. Also notice: normal English sonnets follow this form: ABBA BAAB CDE CDE. This one is written: ABBA BAAB CAD CAD. Message is more important than form. 

Yes, I was blessed to live in wonderment. Once Arlene and I move in together and except that time we spent in that apartment of darkness our lives were pretty unbelievable. Arlene wasn't always beautiful. When her beauty came out, she would flaunt it. From the moment I woke up, till I went to sleep, she would make sure I knew that I was married to the most beautiful lady. I got the message, believe me. It wasn't just her beauty, Arlene led with all of her strengths, her social skills, her talent as a seamstress, her dancing, her knowledge of books, just to name a few. Arlene always put her talents on the forefront, not just for me, but others she came in contact with. This, of course, made me float higher. This was my wife! It was like she was doing it all for me. Whether she was or wasn't, I made opportunities to thank her for being Arlene and for being with me. 

Life is full of wonder. From a tiny flower to the giant sequoia. From the silence of a desert to the waves of the ocean. All waiting to amaze us. How many lifetimes would it require to take it all in? How many dreams would it take to hold such wonder? All we have is this life, these senses, this person. The most amazing wonder of them all. "Oh, I am not that great." Compared to what? There are over 7 billion people on earth and only one you. There is no one like you. The only person you need to satisfy is you. You are the gauge of your success. You are the beginning of so much more. Don't believe me? How many lifetimes would it require to take it all in? And while we're figuring it all out, Enjoy. 


Back to the sonnet and this song: Santa Esmeralda "You're My Everything" 

Sometime real life is the biggest comedy of all 


The Electoral College is a process the founding fathers established in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. Confused yet? Here is a video that explains how the United States elects its president. JP Sears, of Awaken With JP, tries his best to make the whole process clear. 
What makes this even more fascinating is that JP can explain the entire process without laughing. "Election Wisdom - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 41" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, 
and I learn, whatever state I may be in, 
therein to be content. 
Helen Keller

12 comments:

  1. Would takes 1000s to take it all in and even then you probably wouldn't get it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Life! I think you made the point
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. The world is indeed full of wonder. And I am grateful for my appreciator's gene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take our imaginations away, why don't you... ;)
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. This is a very beautifully written, romantic sonnet, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely sonnet, and I think Arlene is a very lucky woman to have a partner who so appreciates her. This election, in particular, I find absolutely incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm words.
      Yes, this election defies reason

      Delete
  5. What a lovely poem. It is beautiful to see and appreciate the beauty in others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed.
      I can see this through your art

      Delete
  6. You are such a romantic soul--and your sonnets are really well done!! kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A smile on you face and I'm happy

      Delete