Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Ways Of Wonder to Hero Of The Storm 
A lover's ways of wonder starts with a kiss 
A gamer's ways of wonder starts with a spilled drink 


Ways of Wonder (lyrical poem) 

I thought of you the other night
When gentle stars where burning bright
And hearts again were taught to sing
Of ways of wonder hid from sight
-
I heard their voices welcoming
Me once again to drink from spring
There in a meadow near a dream
Where ways of wonder are waiting
-
The ways of wonder starts with kiss
Which leads to worlds of never known
Forever lost yet not alone
The ways of wonder starts with this
-
And there in mists of sultry steam
Which seems to rise from passion’s stream
I heard soft whisper beckon me
In ways of wonder’s pleasure scheme
-
I do not need mere eyes to see
The one who rules my fantasy
And with her smile commands the stars
Oh ways of wonder set me free
-
The ways of wonder starts with this
A paradise we’re never shown
With yearnings we cannot postpone
Not even time dare rush this bliss
-
Nameless sublime will hush this bliss
With music of sweet lovers’ tones
And memories which stars will own
Which ways of wonder starts with kiss
-
I drift back from this dream of ours
Enchant realm which nothing mars
The gentle stars still spark delight
Which ways of wonder never bars
-
The ways of wonder starts with kiss
Which leads to worlds of never known
Forever lost yet not alone
The ways of wonder starts with this


A lover steps into wonder in this lyrical poem. The structure of this song is as follows: VVC VVC VVC (were V = verse and C = chorus). The beat pattern of the poem is kept very tight so that it fits easily into a song, One may notice that the rhyme scheme of the verses was a little loose. This was done to remind us of the mental state of the lover. 

I have stated before, I am a real fool for a kiss. I'll never forget that night, though I have forgotten the occasion (and we'll find out why). Whatever the occasion, I got a package for two. It included dinner at Lehr's Steakhouse, a play, "Arsenic and Old Lace" and wine tasting and dancing. It was a full evening. Arlene had other plans, though. I dressed in a suit. Arlene... it was a light blue dress, knee length, with an unusually high slit, to show off her legs. I am a leg man. I think she had her hair done. Those legs. With kisses she thanked me for the evening and woke me up to tell me it was time to go. I guess dinner was good. I was a bit distracted. Arlene kept flirting with her face and blowing me kisses. For dessert I had a pie and a foot stroking my leg. At the theater, I'm sure there were other women. Arlene made sure she and those legs had all of my attention. I think the play was great. I was a bit distracted by Arlene's leg. Plus, she held my hand and every once in while kissed it. How could I say anything? I was in paradise. A speechless paradise. After the play we went to Lookout Point, to enjoy the moon. The moon and kisses. I had completely forgotten the wine tasting. (Now we may understand how I misplaced the occasion.) 

We're never too old, at least I think so. We can ride a swing, just like when we were kids. We can make-out in public, just like when we were teenagers. We can go back to school, just like our college days. People will look at us. Some with disdain. Some with disapproval. Some wishing that they were us. Of coarse there are times and places where a certain etiquette should be observed, but we knew these at all our ages. At all other times be you. Be you at all times of your life. It is your life. Where is the rule written that 38 year old person must act 38? If we like acting our age, that's okay. But if we want to turn back the hands of time a bit, Enjoy. 


As for me, give me kisses: Julio Iglesias "Viens M' Embrasser" 

Play video games - Are they getting a bit too real 


In 1958 William Higinbothan, an American physicist in the employ of the Brookhaven National Laboratory, created Tennis for Two in order to entertain and amuse visitors. This was the first video game. We have come a long way since then. Here is Freddie Wong, of RocketJump, to enjoy the latest release of Blizzard's "Heroes Brawl" extension to "Hero of the Storm". Then something happens. 
Fun or signs of things to come? "Hero of the Storm" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



With a kiss let us set out 
for an unknown world. 
Alfred de Musset

13 comments:

  1. No rule at all. Screw that at my sea. I'll act how I want.

    The only thing I think is stupid is thirty+ year olds with kids, or without, but many have kids, getting plastered and thinking they are oh so cool hanging around with teenagers, as they try and act young and "in" and all that crap. Some things don't make sense at any age, but people still do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree with you.
      What I think you're saying, goes along with our natural sense of right and wrong times and places.
      Thank you for bringing this up

      Delete
  2. My inner child is frequently the happiest and healthiest part of me. And being myself is probably the only thing in the world that I KNOW I do better than anyone else can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm talking about.
      Thank you for sharing this

      Delete
  3. What a sweet and lovely poem. I love how thoughtfully you plan out your adventures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good experience here
      Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  4. I liked this poem.
    Your only as old as you feel. I Feel 32 while wearing 47 year old skin.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel 32! You look much younger
      Lucky you
      Thank you for gracing us with you

      Delete
  5. beautiful very rhythmic poem really enjoyed it .

    song is also very melodious and sweet though language is unknown to me but still enchants the hearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your gracious compliment.
      I'm glad you enjoyed your visit

      Delete
  6. Love the idea of a loose rhyming scheme reflecting the mental state of the lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your writing too.
      Thank you for dropping by

      Delete