Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dark Clouds Try to Wonder Woman vs Stevie Wonder 
In a battle with darkness a soul finds refuge in his lover's eyes 
But there is no refuge in a rap battle between Wonder Woman and Stevie Wonder 


Dark Clouds Try (English sonnet) 

Dark clouds which try my day into a night
A scent of music toys with your dismay
A rainbow bridge casts Joy on your display
The tears you rain are springs of sheer delight
-
Your plume of gloom which steals the sun away
Cannot touch or mar this vision bright
Whose plume could groom the heavens to incite
And turn the night you bring back into day
-
Storm storm your anger in a passing rage
Blow blow of moments lost down empty streets
Weep weep with feeling stirred in senseless guise
-
Yet pointless is the battle which you wage
As in your shadow dream filled meaning beats
For I am dancing in my lover’s eyes


Darkness cannot penetrate this English sonnet. We should be a little confused in the quatrains. This is because evil is battling good. Evil gets a bit more serious as the triplets arrive. In the last triplet we find the source of the good's power. 

This sonnet is a tribute to my wife, Amor. I had a great body. Not so much for its looks, but for its performance. I rarely got sick, I could go for years without catching a cold. I was and remained physically active. This probably explains why I can eat all I want without gaining weight. Once I met my teacher, Mr. Land, my life turned pretty amazing. I have been blessed to do things most people only dream about. I have been garnered with many awards and praises for my achievements. It is now payback time for a life ever so well spent. I now find myself in a complete reversal of what I once was. Yet I have one more blessing by my side. My wife, Amor. As depressing as my situation has become. it has to contend with Amor. Waylaying depression is as easy as thinking about Amor. How will tomorrow be? It just doesn't matter. I have Amor by my side. It is hard to convince me that miracles do not exist. Considering what happened to me. What are the chances that a person so perfect for my situation comes into my life? And she's good looking too. 

Life is strange. The more we think we know about it, the more we find out we do not know about it. Here is a riddle about life. "Live in the now." How many times have we heard that? Even I am guilty of saying it. Living in the now is impossible for humans. For us there is only the future or the past. We reflect on the past and move to the future. There is no now for us. I like to refer to a picture. A moment in time. Captured. Proof that it exists. Yet the way we take in our existence, we are constantly playing catch up with what was. Something stimulates our senses. It travels to the brain for processing. By the time we are aware. that something is in the past, Strange isn't it? Yet somehow we can live in the now. And while we figure that one out, Enjoy. 


Let's take this now to enjoy a wonder of life: Elmara "Sky In Your Eyes" 

Talk about wonder - Let's have two Wonder have at it 


Rap battle, a type of rapping that includes bragging and boasting content, is generally believed to have originated in the East Coast hip hop scene in the late 1970s. One of the earliest and most infamous battles occurred in December 1982 when Kool Moe Dee challenged Busy Bee Starski. Busy Bee Starski's defeat by the more complex raps of Kool Moe Dee and won the day. Now we have Wonder Woman taking on Stevie Wonder. 
You pick the winner. "Wonder Woman vs Stevie Wonder. Epic Rap Battles of History." 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



The battleline between good and evil 
runs through the heart of every man. 
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

13 comments:

  1. Have to keep on pushing forward as the forward is going to come. Living in the now can be hard as the now becomes the past right about now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need both dark and light. And too much of either gives us a false perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are trying to be supportive...
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. I think you are trying to give back to many through your words, your voice is still there in another form. I think you have been blessed many times. I am feeling the dark side these days, yet I continue to follow that beacon of light. I have no awards to display or poems published. I am just a rambling fool. Ok, it's rainy and I am allowed to have a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is okay to let your feelings out.
      The price - Get on with your life
      Thank you for your belief in me

      Delete
    2. Thanks for understanding, I still choose the frequency of love and light!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you have such a wonderful person to help stave off the darkness. Your poem is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Health can change in a split second and many of us take for granted our good health. We have to make the best of each day, a day at a time.
    People as you know come into our lives for a reason - I'm sure you know why Amor came into yours.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compassionate and comforting thoughts

      Delete
  6. Living in the now is impossible for humans
    For us there is only the future or the past
    We reflect on the past and move to the future

    Yes, living in the now is the trasition in between. Moments of distractions to be adjusted mindful of what had been and what would need to be adopted. May even have to put up with some confusion. Experiences do help!Rightly said Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a marvelous way of looking at it.
      Thank you for your touch

      Delete