Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Splendor Of Surrender to Killing an African Warlord 
A couple surrender to love 
A warlord would rather die than surrender 


The Splendor Of Surrender (lyrical poem) 

Within my arms let’s drift away
We’ll see what heaven has to say
Of lovers who had dreams in view
And kissed a while to make them true
-
We’ll see what heaven has to say
Within my arms let’s drift away
Where star of Joy behold a dawn
Which memories were built upon
-
Oh the splendor
Of surrender
-
When we took a chance
To enter romance
And follow its trance
To let our dreams dance
-
We’ll see what heaven has to say
As passions fall under our sway
While timeless forever we’ll blaze
And moonlight is left in daze
-
Oh the splendor
Of surrender
-
As we took a chance
Our love to enhance
Unveiled an expanse
To dare with dreams dance
-
Oh the splendor
Of surrender
-
To give dreams a chance
And magic to glance
Here in our romance
To endlessly dance
-
Within my arms let’s drift away
Deep in this moment dreamers play
Beyond the kiss of morning’s dew
Dancing on rainbows which we knew
-
Oh the splendor
Of surrender 


A couple dance a dream to form this lyrical poem. This lyrucal poem uses a refrain and a chorus along with the verses. The refrains end with the word "surrender". The choruses end with the word "dance", As always, the beats, in this lyrical poem, are kept tight so that these words fit easily into a song (in case anyone is interested). 

Talk about life being weird.... When Arlene took me to our first dance, she discovered to her dismay that I couldn't dance. It took Arlene years to teach me to dance. I'm a slow learner, but I stuck to it. I woke up just in time as the disco era was flowering. Valerie, who would become my main model (when I was a photographer} a dancer and a singer and the wife of my friend Mike, liked the way Arlene and I danced. She invited us to Tivedo's Dance Studios (in the Mission district). It is here that we would meet hair stylists Ed and Sherrie, who would form "the crew" (Ed, Sherrie, Valerie, Mike, Lance and his date and Arlene and me). "The crew" would frequent dance venues together. At Tivedo's I would bump into Gloria. Gloria was a girl I had eyes for, but she was too beautiful to be interested in me. It turned out, she felt the same for me. When I bumped into her again, she and her brother, Gary, were the National Disco Dance Champions. So we had girl whose boyfriend couldn't dance hanging out with "the crew" and the National Disco Dance Champions.

So often I have heard, "I wish I could dance." Considering how many dances there are now-a-days and what we see on the dance floor, everyone can dance. Then again, what does it take to hold your sweetheart close and sway from side to side? Maybe we are afraid of what others will think, What does that matter? But I understand. Here is something else. We are all good at something. "Dance" is a metaphor for life. We can all learn how to dance or "dance" at what we do best. And when our rainbow appears let us Enjoy. 


Let's have some romantic dance music.  Al Marconi "Innocence" 

It's not easy being a warlord 


Born Joshua Milton Blahyi, the crazed fighter who would become General Butt Naked was one of the most feared combatants in the Liberian civil war of the 1990s. Meet Commander Beaujolais. He is a feared African Warlord. His forces are surrounded. Rather than being taken captive,the commander has asked one of his trusted soldiers to take his life. 
Let us say fair well to Commander Beaujolais. "Key & Peele - Killing an African Warlord" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



In a great romance, each person basically 
plays a part that the other really likes. 
Elizabeth Ashley

18 comments:

  1. We can all dance in some form or another, whether one can dance well though, well that can be up in the air lol but most can be taught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well stated.
      Thank you for adding your voice to this

      Delete
  2. I was brought up to believe that everyone has a special talent. I am a tad ashamed to admit how many years it took to realise that mine is as an appreciator. I hoped to be a creator, but am grateful for what I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone does have a talent or two.
      Be that creator
      and to all you will do, Thank You

      Delete
  3. Did you love to dance after you learned how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very much. (most people learn much faster than me)
      Thank you for asking

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, dance! Dance to the music, to the rhythm pulsing through you, dance what you feel, dance what you want to say, dance with your mind and let your body follow you... Happy Weekend to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Someone was inspired.
      You must be a dancer
      Thank you for this marvelous insight

      Delete
  5. surrender is victory in love and compromise in war .
    though video was fun but yes sometime in war death is better choice then surrender it is savior to pride and honor when there is no option

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In love, surrender to the moment...
      Thank you for sharing these thoughts

      Delete
  6. I love this lilting and lovely poem, and the story you tell of your "dancing days". Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this poem. And that's not dancing music, that's love making music. :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm words
      Enjoy the dance

      Delete
  8. The poem is very lovely. I especially loved "When we took a chance
    To enter romance" I also greatly enjoyed your words on dance, I'm glad you learned to share that with Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this honor
      Dancing did open up a world

      Delete
  9. Hello, lovely poem and I enjoyed your dancing story. I can not dance, my hubby is the dancer. Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm words
      If your hubby can dance you're almost there
      You enjoy also

      Delete