Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Every Dream He Had to Grocery Shopping with A Baby 
A man who learned about his dreams 
A man who learned to go shopping with his baby 


Every Dream He Had (villanelle) 

Here was a man who kept his hopes in view
He learned to sow the seeds of his delight
For every dream he had somehow came true
-
The fancies passed by others doors he knew
Those idle thoughts of might he would ignite
Here was a man who kept his hopes in view
-
There came a day which set their world askew
In him they saw the answer to their plight
For every dream he had somehow came true
-
From his warm hand each soul learned what to do
And hand in hand they made their challenge right
Here was a man who kept his hopes in view
-
And in the end came reward he was due
Within each speech this thought would ring out bright
For every dream he had somehow came true
-
Now when a cloud would shroud a day anew
With only one another there in sight
Here was a man who kept his hopes in view
For every dream he had somehow came true 


A man whose belief in dreams was strong is the subject of this villanelle. A villanelle uses the first and third lines of the first stanza as a echo in the other stanzas as the poem goes on. A villanelle is easier to compose than it looks. Here is the rhyme scheme: A1 B A2 - A B A1 - A B A2 - A B A1 - A B A2 - A B A1 A2. Use iambic pentameter. 

Oh, those college days. Being on stage made me very popular. In college, San Francisco State, many of us who went Galileo High hung out together. College was hard. As a class mate got discouraged and were ready to drop out, we rallied together to help that person. We did very good. We only lost two who dropped out. I was going for a music degree. My dream was to be a music teacher. I had a friend on the board of education. A year before I was due to graduate, my friend shared with me a disturbing insight The future of high school music was uncertain. I was devastated. To make matters more confusing, I was offered a job at Standard Oil of California. I would be the 3rd drop out. My class mates couldn't help me. I was living with Arlene at the time. She, my councilor and I sat down together to  look at my options. Take the job. Switch to night school. Change my major. It took me an additional two and a half years, I had to leave my class mates, but I graduated. Behind it all was a dream a young man met long ago, Arlene. 

Life can be unpredictable. Accept that and we gain an insight into the power of the human spirit. How many of us have made plans just to have the situation change? Even worse, we may have made an investment for things going just so. Sure, we shouldn't always expect that things still go our way. Some things. though, just happen: Like winning the lottery, or an entire education program being taken out of the public schools system. But we adjust. We try to bounce back. We do the best we can. Sometime life takes away someone special to use. We adjust. We stagger back. We do the best we can. Sometime a little help makes things easier. Such is the marvel of the human spirit.  a friend needs our help. Without thinking, we rush to their side.  Such is the wonder of the human spirit. Our neighbors are in trouble. All fingers to help them point to us, so we rush to their side. Such is the power of the human spirit. A power we all possess. In some it is sleeping. In some it is more present. But as crafty as life wants to get, we have our spirit to see us through. We are truly special. Accept it.  Feel it. The power of the human spirit is at our beckoned call, so Enjoy. 


Need some more inspiration: Enya "Adiemus" 

Need some groceries - Got a baby - You're a man 


Babies can count before they learn to talk. One study found 1-year olds are able to identify larger and smaller quantities as well as conduct simple subtraction, all without any math lessons or terminology. With this in mind it's hard to believe that some fathers have problems taking their babies shopping. Here is Jordan Watson, of How to DAD, to offer some instruction. 
The only problem is that John might need some instruction of his own. "HOW TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING WITH A BABY" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 




Who looks outside, dreams; 
who looks inside, awakes. 
Carl Jung


 

15 comments:

  1. To keep hope for ones dreams also helps days when all seem worthless.
    A wonderful poem Martin.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valuable thought
      Thank you four your nice words

      Delete
  2. Yep, life can change rather quickly, for the good or for the bad, one just has to keep in mind that they can grow and explore new avenues with the changes and new things can open for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your valued thoughts on this subject

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of my Daughter who Went into college hoping to be a Journalist. Everyone convinced her it was a bad choice. She changed her major 3 times and still is not doing work with the degree she was accomplished.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All worked out well for me. Hope the same for your daughter.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  4. Flexibility is the key for me. I can make plans (I do make plans) but they are guidelines not maps. And certainly not set in concrete. When my plans (or world) hit a wall I can stop - or choose a new direction...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea to me
      Thank you for sharing this wonderful and flexible way of planning

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful poem, the idea of keeping our dreams near is beautiful. I am glad you followed the path that made the most sense to you and Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind feelings.
      I hope your dreams go well

      Delete
  6. Oh cool. I have never heard of this form of poetry. I must try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many poets who have not heard of villanelles.
      We look forward!
      Thank you

      Delete
  7. I resonate with this poem and philosophy for I have always been so hopeful, and some of my dreams did come true, nearly miraculously, LOL. I enjoy your stories about your journey with Arlene...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream on. For some of your dreams bless others
      Thank you for you dreaming with me

      Delete
  8. p.s. I might add my hope is being sorely tested these days. I might need to suspend hope and move into blind faith, LOL.

    ReplyDelete