Friday, December 23, 2016

My Dreams to Snow Shoveler Bhangra 
One person dreams of his love
Another person dreams of snow shovelers from Punjab 


My Dreams (Shakespearean sonnet) 

I bear my dreams with whispers and a smile
Of all the promised paths we danced upon
While echoes of a song still lingers on
Of all the world it’s me who shares your while
-
I share my dreams with star who lit my way
Of all the glows it sees us through our night
With you in view I knew all else was right
Of all the world it’s me who bears each day
-
I wear my dreams with tears which follow sighs
Of all the wonders which were shared by two
Are beds for promise we again renew
Of all the world it’s me who wears her eyes
-
I swear my dream by all that we’ve been through
Of all the world I’d rather be with you 

A man of many dreams commits himself to one in this Shakespearean sonnet. Not only does this sonnet adhere to the Shakespearean form, there are forms within the form. Take a close look at the quatrains and notice that only the third line is free of any additional forms. All lines two and four begin with "Of all the".  All the second words in lines one rhyme. It is not mistake that dreams become a dream in the couplet. 

I had a great job at Chevron. People would come to me with a "can we" and I would make it so. It was a job that let me use my imagination with Chevron's money. Dreams? I had a dream job. I lived many-a dream. I married my dream in a dream wedding. I got my dream, Arlene, involved in my hobby, board gaming. She became very good at role playing. We used to regulars at Pacificon, a big game convention in Northern California. The head of Pacificon's role playing was also a Chevron employee. He heard about me. He needed a script/plot line for one year's role playing competition. I said I would take on the project (away from work). "The Front Door" was a small theater group in San Francisco. The writers were  always looking to make a little extra money and were willing to work cheap. I arranged a meeting of the writers and the person from Pacificon. (Are you still with me?) What the person didn't know, the writer and I talked. They came up with a great plot for a role playing  game. The players must find, rescue and safely deliver a princess to a party in her honor. I loved involving my dream. Arlene, in my dreams: That year, at Pacificon, while I sat down to play my table games, Arlene went off to play the role playing game. What she didn't know was that she was the princess everyone, including her, was looking for. 

We are not all actors or into role playing. What is a dream? Are they limited to those thing that float around in our heads when we are sleeping? I believe that dreams are more. I believe many dreams can be realized. I turn to travelers. I turn to people who have attained a goal or two. I turn to people who have realized something they have wished for.  Many envision a dream with something big, something grand. Dreams can also be as simple as breakfast in bed, a beautiful flower, our favorite song and the like. Yes, dreams can come true. The first step is know that they can, you can.  Move from the world of limitations to the realm of possibilities. Realize the  power in us all and Enjoy. 


Are you ready? We are about to leave: Merce "My World" 

Some people have unusual dreams 


Bhaṅgṛā refers to the traditional dance originating in the Majha area of the Punjab region. Punjab is a geographical and cultural region in the northern part of South Asia, comprising areas of eastern Pakistan and northern India. Bhangra is growing in popularity. It is now in Canada and is coming to California. 
Never seen Bhangra. Well: "Snow Shoveler Bhangra || Maritime Bhangra Group || Halifax,NS || Canada" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


Trust in dreams, for in them 
is hidden the gate to eternity. 
Khalil Gibran


14 comments:

  1. Dreams can come true indeed and the more people harp on those grand ones, the more they miss out on the little ones, which can be far more fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I used to dream about Arlene's waffles. I ate them too. They were that good.
      Thank you for the lesson

      Delete
  2. Your words resonates with me, I wear my dreams with tears as well...

    Sitting in my car
    in meditative silence
    watching falling star...

    beneath golden moon
    dreaming of a vast kingdom
    where fire dragons fly

    ok, not sure where that came from, I guess my muse needed to speak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this magic.
      Dream on - Not only for you, but for all of us

      Delete
  3. I firmly believe that we all NEED dreams. Big, small? It doesn't matter. Exercise for our brains and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely thought
      Thank you for the motivation

      Delete
  4. What a love filled and beautiful poem and post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Move from the world of limitations
    to the realm of possibilities

    Very apt for the talents needed for the role-play. The Punjabi dance is lively! It leaves one breathless just watching!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed.
      Thank you for the enjoyment of your site

      Delete
  6. Another great read.
    Happy Christmas Eve Martin!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're having a good time by your site
      Season's joy to you

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas Martin! Thank you for all your wonderful poems and post this past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you
      Thank you for all your support

      Delete