Monday, December 5, 2016

My Window to Training To Be A Latina
Things that a man learned from a window 
Things a Latina learned from her sisters 


My Window (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Come join me at my window my old friend
To gaze into a life that used to be
To sort out what is real from let’s pretend
Perhaps we’ll catch a glimpse of once was me
-
How could a day be blessed with so much night
How could the world I knew become so real
How could I have been fooled to lose my sight
Now here I sit unsure of how I feel
-
The music wasn’t always far away
As I recall this window saw it all
And now I’m blinded by its disarray
And where I walked I now learn how to crawl
-
Who’d guess a window open to the sky
Would ever be the pain to make me cry 


The window to a man's life is the reflection of this Shakespearean sonnet. Usually a classic Shakespearean sonnet has something to do with love. Here we use the form to tell a story of a window. A window of possibilities. 

There was a man named Jake. He was old now, but as he looks through his windows he sees all that he accomplished during his time. He has earned many awards and brought about many changes. Now he is an old man staring out his window. Who should he see coming to his window? Martin (me). Jake saw in me happiness. The happiness of possibilities. Jake took me under his wings. He saw to it that I had one of the top ritual teachers. In six years I would set over 6 million words to memory. Jake made sure I had access to and listened to the finest minds in the fraternity. He made certain that I was on the path to where I could do something and taught me how to get people's attention. My hospital visitations was Jake's brain child. While the "sick and shut in committee" sent cards and letters, I made personal visits. During my time, I accomplished a lot, to add to all I had already accomplished. When Jake died. I was proud to be one of his accomplishments. Many more feathers were added to my cap. Now I am an old man staring out my window. Who should I see coming to my window? Amor (my wife). I see in Amor happiness. The happiness of possibilities. 

Me, personally, I have lived a full and very blessed life. I feel it's only right to share some of my blessings. Since I wasn't blessed with money, I share through volunteer work. Not just words, but real, hand on work. It shouldn't be a secret that there are  many charities, many organizations that could use our help (either physically or financially). It may be a surprise how many people are actively involved. But there is always room for one more. No one can or should  give to too many of these organizations. Now follow my thinking and rational. I believe it is up to each individual how many, if any, organizations that they support, (If a person does nothing at all, it is their decision.) In my charitable endeavors. I have never had a problem getting other to help. People want to help. "We cannot change the whole world, just our part of it." What is our part? Be a positive part of the change and Enjoy. 


What say we have a little music: Liam Clancy "Those Were The Days" 

It's not easy to be  a Latina 


According to Cosmopolitan, research shows Latinas who identify closely with their heritage are less likely to be affected by the media's unrealistic portrayals of beauty. They embrace their natural belleza (beauty). Now there's Hannah. She is having problems with her heritage, She runs to her Venezuelan friend, Lele Pons, for help. 
Now we find out why Lele Pons is not a teacher. "TRAINING TO BE A LATINA | Lele Pons, Juanpa Zurita & Anwar Jibawi" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
Robert Frost

16 comments:

  1. Most enlightening to read Martin, I very often gaze out of my window at the passing life, An excellent post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am humbled by your appreciation.
      I trust there is happiness in your window

      Delete
  2. I resonate with your philosophy, Martin, and admire your volunteer work. Yes, doing what we can, where we are, is a very positive thing. I very much liked hearing about your mentor, Jake, and can see him at the window looking back, and now you doing the same. Life is a circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your work too
      ...doing what we can...
      Thank you for your kind and supportive thoughts

      Delete
  3. Wonderful poem! Be interesting to write another version called window watching. A view from the outside in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fills me with warmth knowing you enjoyed
      Good idea
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. Great way to be indeed. I help where I can and to those I feel really need it. Some aren't as needy as they pretend to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do. Even your site is a help to many.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  5. Yes. I do what I can. And look for ways I can do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do
      Let me thank you for all you do.

      Delete
  6. Some people write off older people, I am glad you are not one of them, there can be so much richness in them. I very much enjoyed your poem and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity work knows no age
      there is value in experience
      Thank you for your thoughts

      Delete
  7. I admire the wisdom of "old people". This was a sweet post.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What made me know that
      stay classy
      Thank you

      Delete
  8. You are not only wise, but you have a charitable heart. I do what I can in my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is all anyone should ask
    Spread the light
    Thank you for the kind words

    ReplyDelete