Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The One Who Came to How to Get a Baby to Clean the House 
Someone new teaches him how to heal his wounds 
A father teaches his baby how to clean the house 


The One Who Came (villanelle) 

It only took a wish to set him free
This one who came and taught me how to play
Another day is waiting there for me
-
I’d close my eyes and right there she would be
To help me chase misfortune’s dreams away
It only took a wish to set him free
-
We passed the nights the stars became our sea
And on we sailed until we found our bay
Another day is waiting there for me
-
One day my heart beheld new fantasy
Which gave my dreams so very much to say
It only took a wish to set him free
-
I learned to yearn this curiosity
Whose promised kisses sets my mind to stray
Another day is waiting there for me
-
Sometimes while holding her so tenderly
I think about the one from yesterday
It only took a wish to set him free
Another day is waiting there for me 


Someone new brings the promise of another day in this villanelle. We turn to the villanelle form to tell the story of a man whose dream was cut short. He meets someone new to continue on to tomorrow. The poem makes this somewhat unclear. Instead, because of the villanelle form, the focus on "a wish" and "Another day". 

Arlene was gone. Thanks to family. friends and associates I made it through the initial shock. I kept myself very busy, In the quiet times, I missed Arlene a lot. It was hard to be sad because we had done so many wonderful things. In my dreams she would return to comfort me. After years, I was encouraged to date again. At the local 7-Eleven convenient store I ran into a cute and funny girl, Amor. It turned out she worked just down the street from my house and was available. At our first date, I came on a little strong (event wise). Amor gave me a second chance, and I toned down our day together. It worked. We were a couple and eventually married. What attracted me most to Amor (besides her good looks) was her positive humor. (I didn't know, back then, how valuable this would be to me.) Arlene doesn't visit me in my dreams anymore. I still enjoy those remarkable memories. One last point. For a while, when I busied myself, a part of me stopped. Thanks to Amor this part me continues on. 

It is not my intention to get spiritual. Just to point out wonders all around us (me). I am encouraged to date again, and puff, there she is. Sure, she might have been there before and I just now noticed her. Then there is that one personality trait which would become so important to me (Amor's positive humor). We could chalk this one up on the laws of attraction. If I was so busy, when did I find the time to date? We could credit this one on time management. How convenient. that Amor worked just down the street from my house. Well, I did see her at a neighborhood store. Arlene stopped coming into my dreams. though I still think about her. I'm sure there's some psychology at work to explain this. All of it... Pieces of a puzzle being etched out to fit my life. I am suggesting that there is something more to life. I'm sure, these chain of events, these chain of wonders happen to everyone. I'm also sure that they can be explained. But that it happened at all. There is something in that. A person can roll seven sevens in a row with pair of dice. We can explain it away. Or we can Enjoy. 


Maybe the Scorpions can explain it: Scorpions "When You Came Into My Life" 
 

To help figure things out a little help would be useful 


Between 12 and 24 months your toddler’s cognitive development really starts to blossom, this is when they will start to develop memories, as well as understand symbols, imitate, and play imaginatively. According to Jordan Watson, who has no qualifications, believes this is the best time to teach a toddler how to clean a house. 
In between laughs, see if Jordan is right. "HOW TO GET A BABY TO CLEAN THE HOUSE" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



When an inner situation is not made conscious, 
it appears outside as fate. 
Carl Jung

 

18 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable read. To me there is always another day! I'm so glad that you found someone to share another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you here. Glad things are going well.
      Thank you for all the support.

      Delete
  2. Never know how life will go sometimes indeed. One can reason most anything, but it is good to forget reason every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful and natural affirmation.
      Thank You

      Delete
  3. Sometimes reason is not enough. Acceptance is.
    I am very glad that Amor came into your life at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. and your post shows you are enjoying it.
      Thank you for the compliment

      Delete
  5. always good to have someone around that has similar sense of humour as you do...was meant to be to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "was meant to be to meet." - we have another dreamer.
      Thank you and enjoy the view

      Delete
  6. Then there is that one personality trait
    which would become so important to me
    (Amor's positive humor)

    Hank too finds humor fascinating. It has a way to attract, sustains and even amends relationships!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here. I totally agree
      Thank you for refreshing my glass of joy

      Delete
  7. Another fine example about what life is all about.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skills with form poetry are awesome!

    Personally, explanations are too much like work, I'd rather enjoy than reason :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise.
      There's a lot to be said for enjoying the reasons ;)

      Delete
  9. Your thoughts are so interesting and how you link them to your beautiful poems is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy you enjoy
      Thank you for the joy you bring

      Delete