Monday, January 9, 2017

Empty Tears to Manly Tears 
The tears of a lost promise 
The tears of a drug lord 


Empty Tears (deteriorating poem) 

She climbed into her lonely bed
Her fantasies still fresh in head
So empty are the tears she shed
Another dream she had instead
-
Her heart repeats each word he said
Sweet promises her soul was led
In paradise the sun was spread
As waves caressed the shore
-
Tomorrow’s hope he did imbed
Believe in me were thoughts he pled
How could she leave where would she go
When here was what they said search for
-
Then came the instant all was shred
Was it his eyes that gave it away
Or was it some misbegotten word
She didn’t know She didn’t know
-
All she can remember was
Going for something in her purse
Something to quickly end it all
Before running to the safety of her home
-
She climbed into her lonely bed
Her mind mending what just happened
So empty are the tears she shed
Perhaps this madness was just a dream 


Dreams fall apart for this princess and in this deteriorating poem. The rhyme of this poem goes askew.  Take notice of how and when it does. It has something to do with the lady's frame of mind. This poem also makes use of the disturbing odd line rhyme pattern (in the last stanza). 

Disco was a thing of the past. Parenthood was calling Arlene and I. Arlene started having these recurring dreams. Dreams of our great life together. Dreams of promise. And then I would leave her. Arlene had signed us up for Lamaze classes. We were good students. Arlene shared the dreams with our Lamaze councilor. The councilor suggested that I pay more attention to Arlene. I don't know how this was possible. Arlene was my everything to me plus I was bitten very heavily by "the father-to-be" bug. The only thing I didn't like about pregnancy was the Lamaze classes. I did as the councilor suggested. The dreams got worse. We tried several other things. In the end, playing disco music while we slept worked. Speaking about "in the end", after weeks and weeks of going religiously to Lamaze classes, at the first touch of labor pains, Arlene begged for pain medications as soon as we hit the hospital. Arlene's mom, who was a head maternity nurse, took charge of the ward. 

I consider myself a Christian. I may be a little mixed up on which denomination, but I am better than most in my bible studies. My beliefs are mine. (The same holds true for everyone.) Nature and science prove that there is something more to life. Here we have a pregnant individual. One thing that is common among pregnant individuals is that undergo massive and intense biological changes. More miraculous are the changes men undergo as mentally they become fathers. There is nothing gowning in them. I believe the woman plays the greatest roll in child birth. The biological changes men and women undergo as they become parents are easier to grasp in a person with a baby growing in them. Here again, nature and science prove that there is something more to life. Then we all enter the chapter of old age. In all of life's changes "old age", I believe, is the most diverse. One last chance. We are amazing. Accept that. Live in that. Is there life after death? We are here. that person we were ten years ago isn't. That conscientiousness of last night's dream is a memory. Clues? We are here now, so Enjoy.


Let's enjoy the mysteries of life set to music: Julee Cruise "Mysteries of Love" 

Do drug lords cry 


Arnold Rothstein, a kingpin of the Jewish mafia who was behind the Black Sox scandal, refused to identify his killer to the police, saying “You stick to your trade. I’ll stick to mine.” Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele give us a rare behind the scene look at a drug lord in hopes that we might better understand. 
If we can't believe a pair of comedians, who can we believe? "Key & Peele - Manly Tears" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


There is always some madness in love. 
But there is also always some reason in madness. 
Friedrich Nietzsche


25 comments:

  1. I too know about the empty lonely tears, because of a man,
    But the tears do get less as times passes.
    Most enjoyable to read although a bit to close to home for comfort.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, especially in light of your experience.
      Judging by your latest posts, brighter days are ahead

      Delete
  2. So many changes do come with such stages in life. And everything is made up of energy of some sort, energy never dies, so it has to disperse somewhere. I doubt life after death that many think exists, big fluffy clouds and such, but something exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful addition to this post. Thank you
      I am not making suggestions about peoples faith. I am just suggesting, Let's finish this first

      Delete
  3. A well wrought poem! And deeply thoughtful post. Thank You.

    " Then we all enter the chapter of old age. In all of life;s changes "old age", I believe, is the most diverse. One last chance. We are amazing. Accept that. Live in that. Is there life after death? We are here. that person we were ten years ago isn't. That conscientiousness of last night's dream is a memory. Clues? We are here now, so Enjoy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed.
      Thank you for making this part of your day

      Delete
  4. A beautiful personal story! How manu children did you have together? Sounds like you and I are the same when it comes to church. I always thought I was a bit pot luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 children, Peter and Robin
      I was a church choir singer. That is how I gained my broad exposure. Now it's just friends.
      Thank you

      Delete
    2. Wonderful that you have two children. I love listening to church choirs!

      Delete
  5. How beautiful your poem is! I'm glad you and Arlene made it through the pregnancy together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment.
      Both my children's births were really quite funny

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely poem and personal share of your lives ~ Pregnancy is a great mystery to me (even as a mom) and both partners are forever changed by a newborn baby (and children) ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the smile.
      I appreciate the warm affirmation

      Delete
  7. Dreamy and fresh, as just happened yesterday. You are so romantic... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise
      Glad you liked

      Delete
  8. Life is definately a miracle from God.
    Deep post Martin.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your praise.
      Thank you for all your support

      Delete
  9. Parenthood is totally life changing.

    I quite like the odd line rhyme format, not disturbing for me personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and adding your thoughts

      Delete
  10. interesting the poem. some women do and think weird things when pregnant, have seen it many times. i was ok, a lucky one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I don't know how you ladies do it." You are one of life's miracles.
      Thank you

      Delete
  11. We are here. that person we were ten years ago isn't.
    That conscientiousness of last night's dream is a memory.
    Clues? We are here now, so Enjoy.

    The last line is telling. What was before were just memories. We enjoy the best we have of the now! Very true Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like one who enjoys a great life.
      Thank you for your insight

      Delete