Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Felicity to Beyond Epic Adventure 
A tale of a young girl who liked to sing 
A video of you boy who wanted to drive


Felicity (story/poem) 

Let’s call the town Felicity.
The townsfolk there were quite care free
A pleasant enough place to be
So what’s the story Wait and see
-
There was a girl lived in the town
We’ll call her Tess so you won’t frown
Tess likes a smile don’t put that down
She’s sweeter in her peasant gown
-
The only stress for town and girl
She had voice would make one whirl
It could and did make hair uncurl
To say it’s bad would be a pearl
-
Tess loved to sing She felt so sad
To know her singing drove folks mad
She knew her voice was really bad
Yet something to it made her glad
-
She tried to get professional aid
Some told her go They even paid
And some sought out a different trade
The rest just left They were afraid
-
So thus went life from day to day
The people laughed children at play.
Till voice of Tess put peace at bay
Ow Tess sweet Tess please go away
-
One day a circus brought a man
Sure I can help here Yes I can
Just leave your money in my van
And bring the girl to hear my plan
-
Well Tess she gladly went along
It wouldn’t hurt It’d fix her song
The man said nothing could go wrong
And with the town she’d soon belong
-
The townsfolk gathered near the hall
They wondered just what would befall
And out walked Tess so straight and tall
But now she had no voice at all
-
She could still sing but without sound
A voice that made all proud was found
Warm joy was shared by all around
And all Felicity rebounds
-
It’s true that Tess’s voice could slay
So bad it kept Bad Luck away
And he came back without delay
Forgotten place for him to play
-
Without experience to share
Felicity turned to Despair
And with Bad Luck they made a pair
Together strutting naught to spare
-
The town now theirs they made that clear
There was one place they dare not near
A silent voice still they could hear
That carefree voice filled them with fear 


A carefree voice and a town are subject of this story/poem. There is nothing special hidden in this poem. It is just a story set to meter and rhyme..

This involves some funny events back in my high school days. The actual story of Felicity comes from my choir teacher. I set it to meter and rhyme. His name was Fred Wilkerson. For no reason at all, Mr. Wilkerson would start telling a story. He had a lot of great stories. Felicity, about a girl with a terrible voice, was just one of them. In my senior year, I took Shakespeare Literature. In it, there was this gorgeous girl. So gorgeous that when I had poetry writing homework, I made a copy for her. This had a lot of advantages: 1. One poem served two purposes. 2. The poem had to be good, because I was trying to win a girl 3. The grade the poem got from the teacher told me how good it was. Mr. Wilkerson told the story of Felicity. The poems did the trick. I won the girl's attention. There was one more mystery. The girl didn't talk much. In fact she didn't talk at all. I soon found out why. This gorgeous girl had the worst voice I ever heard. (Speaking voice!) What she had in beauty. was taken away by her voice. What was I ro do? That's right: Introduce her to Mr. Wilkerson. 

This wasn't the first time a weird thing happened to me (a story about a girl with a bad voice an actual girl with a bad voice). As life went on, many. many other wonders happened. I'm pretty sure we have all experienced marvels. Think about it. In our life, so far, how many things (average things) have happened to us? What are the chances that a marvel doesn't connect every now and again? Some of those marvels happen and are completely unnoticed. Some people call these marvels coincidences. Some call them miracles. Let's have some fun and call them what we like. Life should be fun. So as life goes on, get ready for that next miracle and Enjoy. 


Let's see, what music can evoke dreams of miracles: John Williams "Cavalina" 

Boys will be boys and sometimes heroes 


Jeremy Haccounis a writer and director from Strasbourg, France, currently headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Jeremy started directing professionally on commercial shoots for clients such as Xbox, Coors or Disney, gaining experience of large-scale shoots and FX heavy post-productions. Recent spots include a movie-like campaign starring Leonardo DiCaprio and a Spikes Award winner for Subaru Interactive. His fantasy short film Paradox earned him many awards including Best Short, Best Screenplay, got selected at Tribeca and a dozen other festivals around the world. 
Now, Jeremy is busting out with "Beyond". "CGI & VFX Short Film HD: 'Beyond Short Film' by Jeremy Haccoun" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



From there to here, and here to there, 
funny things are everywhere. 
Dr. Seuss

 

36 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Martin. It made great reading.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you liked.
      Thank you for the good review.

      Delete
  2. We can call them what we want indeed, but they are there. A lot of times we may not see them until later too, as hindsight is 20/20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we had our share of wonders.
      Thank you for everything.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the music by John Williams. First I have heard of him. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I could introduce you to John Williams.
      Thank you and enjoy

      Delete
  4. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MARTIN!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. What an honor!
      Happy Valentines to you too

      Delete
  5. The poem was very enjoyable to read as were your words about it. I don't have much of a singing voice if at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy the story/poem brought you some pleasure.
      What about an instrument?

      Delete
  6. Hi Martin! Nice to meet you. Happy Valentine's Day! I'm Denise, one of the hosts of Write...Edit...Publish saying hello. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to post for the prompt, Back of the Drawer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise. Nice to meet you too.
      Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, great story and I enjoyed all your notes as well. Fred Wilkerson, that is a name I expect to pop up in your next poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sounds like you REALLY enjoyed.
      I appreciate your input.

      Delete
  8. Hello, love the poem and story. I do not have a singing voice, the dogs would start howling around me, lol. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you enjoyed this.
      Great image (you and the chorus of dogs)
      Thank you

      Delete
  9. You sustained your rhymes throughout, like a balladeer of old. Great story-telling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy that you picked up on the style

      Delete
  10. I liked this line in particular describing her voice: "So bad it kept Bad Luck away"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really Bad; wouldn't you agree?
      Thank you for sharing in the fun.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed this - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this story.. it felt like a fairy tale and reminded me of the Pied Piper a bit.. maybe they where better off listening to her terrible voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Wilkerson's stories left one thinking.
      Thank you. So glad to see you here.

      Delete
  13. Good storytelling, Martin. But, sadly, I see no reason to link it to Poets United Midweek Motif on love "in a few pointed words." You can bring it back on Sunday and put it in the Pantry which is open to any topic. You'll have more readers there, too. Thank you for commenting on my love poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for clearing this up for me. I was a bit confused.
      Glad you liked the story

      Delete
  14. An entertaining story, as always.......I resonate with Felicity as I loved to sing when I was young. Sometimes it sounded good, sometimes not, depending on the level of self consciousness. I pity my family now, having to listen to me wailing away to Connie Francis all afternoon, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story. I lost my voice in my 20's.
      I'm happy you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  15. Great flow in storytelling...I'm always singing. It is not for timid ears though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your delightful secret.
      Pleased you like poem

      Delete
  16. Devious. I love to sing also, and sadly can't hold a note. That's what showers are for, right?

    Loved the video. Jumped nearly out of my seat when that boulder hit. Glad they let him drive after all his efforts, lol. The music was cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem now; and yes.
      Thank You
      Glad you had a good time here

      Delete
  17. Hmph! As someone who can't sing to save herself, I wasn't much entertained by the Felicity tale - but your back story was intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the singing level, I can relate. I lost my voice.
      Thank you so much for stopping by

      Delete
  18. That's so sad she wanted to sing and couldn't - a little bit of Felicity in all of us in some ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In one way or another.
      Thank you for the visit

      Delete