Monday, February 13, 2017

Let's talk to Couples Charades 
There is something more as friends talk 
There is something more in this game of charades 


Let’s Talk (Shakespearean sonnet) 

So good to have you back again my friend
I know you’ve never really been too far
It’s me who’s fallen into empty trends
While you remained as faithful as you are
-
How time has passed since last we really spoke
Was so caught up you see, no I’m to blame
So patiently you waited for one joke
The joke and I with time are now the same
-
What was that special thing bound you to me
Somehow I think I drop it on my way
Don’t blame these eyes was me who would not see
Here now in shame my friend what’s left to say
-
We’ve seen who now I am why would I lie
So for this moment with your help I’ll try


Only our imagination can lead us to why these friends have waited to meet again in this Shakespearean sonnet. There is more to this sonnet than simply two friends meeting. There is a subtle hint in the second quatrain when the speaker refers to a "joke". If we didn't catch this part of the relationship; it's a whole new sonnet. 

One of my other successes with the Masons was in helping reviving San Francisco's three Masonic Youth groups, the Job's Daughters, the Rainbow for Girls and the DeMolay.  Through the Job's Daughters I met Miss. Green. She was an adviser, for the group, and a past Honorer Queen (youth in charge). We became good friends (and nothing more). Arlene was completely comfortable with Miss Green's and my friendship. When Arlene died, Miss. Green was one of those who came to my aid and saw me through this rough period. She was young and very beautiful. So why didn't I date her, when the Masons encouraged me to be seen with a woman? I don't know. Her being much younger than me might have had something to do with it. One evening Miss. Green called me to her home. She was crying. It seems there was this guy she was in love with. He may have been the cause of her divorce. This guy thought that Miss. Green was just a real good friend. This guy and his girlfriend had just had a serious fight. The guy ran to Miss Green for comfort and reassurance. After he left Miss. Green, she calls me. I went over to her house and listened to the whole history. A  history that took a breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

Human relationships are fascinating. They run the gambit from that stranger we pass on the street to that person we want to spend the rest of our life with. It includes animals, and for some, inanimate objects. It is a wonder that with all that life has in store for us, there is our relationship to it all. When we stop to think about it, it is awesome. To make it all easier our brain categorize things. That is a girl. That is a boy. That is good. That is bad. And the categories go on  and on, becoming a little easier to take things in and relate. What adds to the fascination is that we are all individuals. We may categorize things quite similarly, but not exactly. The way our brains file things away has a lot of pluses. It has some challenges too; like equality, change, control, misinformation and the like.What are we to do? Use this powerful blessing. Question those things that really bother us. There is more than one side to everything. Open ourselves up. Give the brain an opportunity to refresh itself. Accept what is right for us may not be right for everybody. Yet, there will come a time of perfect harmony. A time when all relationships will join for a common good. Accept your relationship to the coming harmony and Enjoy. 


Back to the sonnet: Neil Diamond "Hello Again" 

Enough for words 


Charade, originally a kind of riddle, probably invented in France during the 18th century, in which a word or phrase is divined by guessing and combining its different syllables, each of which is described independently by the giver of the charade. Today the game of charades has many variants. The folks at Friend Dog Studios have put together a video showing us one of these varieties. 
There is one problem with this variety of charades. "Couples Charades" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Walking with a friend in the dark is better 
than walking alone in the light. 
Helen Keller


 

14 comments:

  1. Loved the poem, loved the Neil Diamond song and loved the quote.
    Thanks Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much love! You got me blushing.
      Thank you for all your good feelings

      Delete
  2. Very true, it can sure run the gambit and then some. Although when people start actually loving inanimate objects, like kissing their car, which some really do, that's just a whole other level of strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, but at least we have some understanding.
      Thank you for your valuable thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Love the poignancy and depth in your sonnet, Martin ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here.
      Thank you for leaving this welcome comment

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful poem. I am glad you were there for your friend and she was there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your poem and commentary ~ Having a friend is important; one that can see through our difficult times ~ THanks for your visits ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for yur warm thoughts.
      You make it a pleasure to visit your site.

      Delete
  6. Lots of food for thought. I like the poem
    About your story; Mrs Green seems to be a caring person and beautiful so you would think What is wrong with that guy?
    Furthermore I have heard about Masons although there purpose is not completely clear to me. Anyway I thought it was only for men.
    Love the Neil Diamond song and the couples charade is quite funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed.
      Sometimes "we guys" are blind.
      Basically. we Masons take good men and make them better.
      Thank you for the visit and the comments

      Delete
  7. beautiful poem!!!
    touching too!
    miss green sounds a wonderful friend who took care of you when you needed it badly .
    glad that you too were there for her in her tough time that means you are a very nice person .
    wishing you a very nice peaceful life ahead !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliments.
      Glad you liked the poem.
      I bet that you're a good friend too

      Delete