Saturday, February 18, 2017

Morning's Greeting to The Sexy Coupon Book 
Each morning he gives his love a gift 
One special night she gives her love a gift 


Morning’s Greeting (English sonnet) 

Each morning’s greeting there within her eyes
The endless hope there written in her smile
An air of wonderment she can beguile
I love her more than I can realize
-
Each day begins to find us here awhile
Remembering the dreams with lasting sighs
Those were the days that never had goodbyes
Those were the days when we would set the style
-
Each morning’s greeting beauty so profound
There never was a season for a frown
-
Each day begins to find you still around
And once again in love’s abyss I drown
-
And then before a teardrop makes a sound
I kiss your face and put your picture down 


An unexpected ending makes this English sonnet. As with most English sonnets, this one is divided into two parts. Part one (the quatrains) presents a lover's morning and day. Part two (the couplets) is a condensed version of part one, plus the surprise ending. 

Arlene was gone. Her mourning lasted days. There were hundreds of cards and letters to respond to. It was a very unreal time. I was a complete wreck. Friends and family took care of me during this troubling period. They cooked my meals. They saw to my laundry. They took me out and did other things to distract me. For a time some even slept at my house. In the beginning. my house was like a train station. There were so many people stopping by; and the phone calls... Most of these were handled by someone else. Eventually I was able to manage on my own. Except for one idiosyncrasy. I had several large pictures of Arlene. I put these up in every room of the house. I would talk to these pictures as if Arlene was alive. My daughter, Robin, caught me. Through my associates, she got me the help I needed.  Arlene was now those wonderful memories. All those pictures were converted to one nice picture that I kept on a chest of drawers by my bed. 

Losing someone close to us is a difficult reality. It is so horrible, few think about it until it is too late. I have performed 147 from 1999 to 2010, and I can share this: No one, not a single person handles loss the same. I noticed that individuals who enjoyed a rich relationship were generally better off, after the initial shock. We live in a world of change. Not only people. but places and things leave us. Even youth leaves us. How important it is that we enjoy, make the most of everything, every moment. We could give away a part of our life (to negatives), or we can be positive and constructive. Constructive because we build memories. Positive memories, to carry us through the storms of life. The more wonderful and positive the moments, we make the harsher can be the storms we can glide though. Our positive memories are our strength. They are our light through the darkness. So live, love, be positive and Enjoy.


Let's enjoy a positive memory: Everly Brothers "All I Have to Do Is Dream" (David Monk) 

What did you get for Valentine's 


The State of California produces 60% of American roses, but most roses sold on Valentine's Day in the U.S. are imported from South America. Love coupon books were also very popular gifts, especially from ladies to their men. Love coupons are a form of voluntary IOU or promissory notes between people in love that contains a promise from one of the partners in a relationship to engage in a romantic activity at a time in the future. 
College Humor has captured a love coupon book of a different sort. "The Sexy Coupon Book (Hot Date)" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Death is not the greatest loss in life. 
The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. 
Norman Cousins

 

18 comments:

  1. Yeah, we just never know when change will come, whether loss or otherwise, so we have to enjoy the ride while we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great daily ride at your site.

      Delete
  2. Life can be cut short in a blink of an eye. My brother is fixing to go through the pain of loosing a wife so young. She was fine in December and terminal today. Its crazy. I cant imagine the pain id feel loosing my love.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, we can't imagine. As far as your brother; I'm so sorry. Be an ear and a shoulder.
      Thank you and comfort to you all.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and poignant poem. I am sorry for your loss, I am glad though that you made the best of the time you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and comforting words

      Delete
  4. A beautiful poem and so sorry to hear about your loss. "Grieve is the price we pay for love"Queen Elizabeth II"
    I agree everything is fleeting and we must enjoy everything as it comes. I also think positive memories is the best thing you can give your children
    Here we don't celebrate Valentines day that much, although it is increasing a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Positive memories are indeed a treasure.
      Valentine's is just a day. There are plenty of excuses to show our love.

      Delete
  5. This makes me want to cry. I have never had a close loss but have had loss. Sorta hard to explain. Yet, you are correct, everyone's experience is different. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been there too...
      Thank you for letting mr pull at your heartstrings.

      Delete
  6. Oh this is so very sad really. I had seen your writing about Arlene before, but I had not realized until now that she had died. Losses are very hard...even with beautiful memories. I hope that writing poetry helps a bit...though it cannot replace the love who has gone before. (Mary, who seems to have lost her ability to sign in here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary. Thank you for your warm words and thoughts. My new wife and a lifetime of dreams help me deal...

      Delete
  7. A wonderful poem Martin. I do relate to how you must feel.My loss was eighteen years ago but it still feels overwhelming at times in my life.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment.
      ...we still have our memories...

      Delete
  8. Beautifully written....that unexpected ending really drives home the intensity of the love lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you enjoyed.
      Thank you. I appreciate seeing you here.

      Delete
  9. I can relate very much to this, and love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray you too bear the treasure chest if glorious memories.
      Thank you for the warm visit

      Delete