Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Hour to Best Elevator Music 
An hour's tune carries a lover on 
An elevator's tune causes its passengers to carry on 


The Hour (Shakespearean sonnet) 

What is the hour now passing though my head
A fleeting thought whose whispers shout to me
Forget all things and follow me instead
Waylay all doubts of how things ought to be
-
And from its shadows lights excite my way
My eyes add lies this dream could not explain
As if the needs of reason didn’t stray
To parlors where the need of things abstain
-
Don’t leave me comes the echo of the moon
It spreads its beam for me across the sky
Some other heart gave magic to its tune
Some other heart would have to say goodbye
-
For me and now this hour’s hold leads me on
To live its kiss before its time is gone 


A tune, an hour that pierces a lover's darkness fills this Shakespearean sonnet. Love, that dominates most Shakespearean sonnets, is approached differently in this sonnet. Keep in mind it is the lover's mind expressing itself. Feelings take on words. 

The poem is a bit dramatic. I loved my job. It was more like play than work. There would come those moments when imagination would become reality. These moments were highly stressful. On the home front, Arlene and I were generally that couple, that everyone wanted to be like. "Into every life some rain must fall." The same was true on Arlene's and my home front. Challenges would confront me when the stress of work met the rainstorms at home. Shadows would befall me. Shadows that would even temper reality. Through my darkest hour rang a distant tune. It was a tune that was more important than anything else. It was a tune that didn't solve any problems, rather its beauty gave me the light see one more morning. Call it magic. Call it Arlene. Call it love. In  the darkness it sang to me. 
 
With a life like mine, I can't help but believe that there is something more to carry us through. Something as simple as a warm cup of tea, or the magic of a melody roaming through the darkness of a lost soul; A look in a lover's eyes or a piece pf inspiration in a book. Or maybe a variety of things. We are all individuals and our brains work slightly differently; So do those things that keep us going, those things that keep us holding on, our hopes. Obviously, it is to negative's advantage to drown these things out, which explains why sometimes we are out of touch with this light that we all carry. But I believe it is always there. I believe it is in us all. We are all special. We are all meant to succeed. This is our life, This is our blessing; So Enjoy. 


If we can't hear it, close our eyes and listen: Bliss Wish U Were Here" 

Tired of the same old elevator music 


Elevator music, more commonly known as Muzak, came to use in the 1922 with original purpose to calm the fearful passengers who used the elevators for the first time. Rudy Mancuso and crew bring us some elevator music of a completely different sort. 
Odds are, we're not ready for this. "BEST ELEVATOR MUSIC | Rudy Mancuso" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



In order to succeed, we must 
first believe that we can. 
Nikos Kazantzakis

 

20 comments:

  1. As you say a dramatic poem, but life at times can be dramatic. Thoughts of a loved one, special memories are all part and parcel of life's journey.
    An enjoyable read Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a tune from the hours keeps someone going.
      Thank you for the nice words

      Delete
  2. And from its shadows lights excite my way
    My eyes add lies this dream could not explain
    As if the needs of reason didn’t stray
    To parlors where the need of things abstain

    Beautifully haunting!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes little things do show up in the darkest hours that spur us on, we just have to see their light and allow them to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your version of this insight

      Delete
  4. The sonnet is a difficult form to master, especially when using rhymes. I believe some drama goes with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely poem. I am glad you found solace in the details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a dramatic sonnet... this begs to be read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How quickly we change, especially to the right tune! Am I the same person I was 2 stories ago? I think I actually may linger a bit too long. But if this is a story of a loss that mattered to you, forgive me for taking it lightly.

    I've been appreciating your comment on my poems, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input. It adds valuable depth to this edition.
      I find your work very enjoyable

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely poem and I enjoyed even more your comments after......I believe in that light, too.........and in the beauty of those small moments.........sigh. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here.
      Thank you for your affirmation and input

      Delete
  9. Ooh, I love this: "and now this hour’s hold leads me on"

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Through my darkest hour rang a distant tune. It was a tune that was more important than anything else. It was a tune that didn't solve any problems, rather its beauty gave me the light see one more morning. Call it magic. Call it Arlene. Call it love. In the darkness it sang to me. " You really are blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm regards.
      Really enjoy my visits to your place.

      Delete