Friday, March 17, 2017

In This I Say To You to Coolin’ Down With Sasquatch 
A special song for a lover 
A special song for Sasquatch 


In This I Say To You (lyrical poem) 

In this I say to you
A beat a word or two
Please listen very clear
And feel what you might hear
-
What makes my life a glow
What shines and makes it grow
The life you bring to me
A touch and you may see
-
And don’t you
Touch my hand awhile
And don’t you
Let me see you smile
And don’t you
Say you’ll share your hopes and life with me.
-
And don’t you
Share your troubled heart
And don’t you
Cry when we’re apart
And don’t you
Whisper just how happy we might be.
-
The day passes we were two
I always think of you
Your voice is what I hear
I pray my love is clear
-
I pray that you might see
How much you mean to me
Together we might grow
You make my daylight glow
-
And don’t you
Whisper in my ear
And don’t you
Make me warm when you are near
And don’t you
Share the moments that we are apart
-
And don’t you
Share this simple song
And don’t you
Share that we belong
And don’t you
Bare the same songs that are in my heart
-
Dream another moment
Take my hand awhile
-
Other lover’s glow
As to let us know
And don’t you
Show that we belong
I know you
You love this song 


A lover tries to avoid the distractions of his desire and is lost in the confusion of this lyrical poem. The form of lyrics is V/V/C/C, V/V/C/C. coda (where V=verse and C=chorus). What makes the song playful and confusing is that the lover asks his desire not to do things that set his mind in a whirl. Is asking her not to or is he encouraging her on? 

One of the many confusing periods in my life was being a new parent. I come from a time when it was a woman's place to take care of the baby. So when the baby (Peter) woke up in the middle of the night, it was only natural that Arlene get up and take care of him. There were two problems, though. His crying woke me up. I couldn't go back to sleep until Arlene was back in bed, by my side. It dawned on me, there no need for both Arlene and me to be awake. So it was that I took over the midnight duty. To make it all more worth my while, Arlene would cuddle close when I got back in bed. In the morning I got a big thank you. Being a typical man, I looked for more opportunities for these thank yous. When our daughter, Robin, came into our lives, everything I did for did for baby Peter came naturally. I didn't expect anything extra from Arlene, which made the thank yous better. 

When I look back at me, I see how easy it is that people fall into social behaviors. (Not all favorable.) One would think that one whose eyes were opened to the power of government brainwashing would see better. (My mother was brainwashed by Nazi Germany.) But "it" is all around us everyday. "It" being all the "norm" around us everyday. Truths like the men and women equality, racism. social classism, rights, freedoms and the list goes on and on. Many of these things we grew up with. Then people or things challenge the right or wrong of "it". Add to this all, the government, companies, organization and the like are trying to take control of us or sway us in their direction. The things being done to us, efforts to sway us, to control us are unbelievable. But there is a bright side to it all. We, we humans are basically good. In the long run, we will make the world a better place. I was not the only husband to make the midnight crossover. Look at the world, then and now. See the truth of it. Overall our world is a far better place to live. Sure, there are challenges ahead. But who better than we are suited to meet those challenges? Meet and beat. Look around and see the faces of those who care. Those who are working for the time we are all dreaming of. We are one of those faces. We are part of the prevailing good of humankind. Revel in the truth of it and Enjoy.


Back to that crazy poem: Alexander O'Neal "What Is This Thing Called Love?" 

What if we discover Sasquatch and we don't have a song for it ready 


Bigfoot (also known as Sasquatch) is the name given to a mythological simian, ape, or hominid-like creature that is said to inhabit forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest. In an Oct.  2, 2013 article in the New York Daily News, A group of Bigfoot researchers say break-through DNA evidence and a video allegedly showing a female Sasquatch sleeping in the woods proves Bigfoot's existence. Jack Link's has been using what looks like a Sasquatch to sell their product for years. 
Jack Link's has just released a song in preparation. For what? "COOLIN’ DOWN WITH SASQUATCH FEAT. TITUSS BURGESS" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



You never can tell what two people in love will do 
or how things will turn out. What they say and 
what they do can be very different from what 
they feel. How they act often makes no logical sense. 
Marlene Banks 



16 comments:

  1. Great verse compliamented by good music, Thanks Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your optimism. Which I try and share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you and don't give up the faith.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  3. But who better than we are
    suited to meet those challenges?
    Look around and see the
    faces of those who care

    It takes a lot of resolve just to be aware and to do something about it brings it to a higher level.Rightly so Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working together we can do so much more. And we do...
      Thank you for the part(s) you play

      Delete
  4. I think he wants things he 'don't'......
    Yes, I have hope for this world. If I see how my son (21) is looking at things, I believe everything will be okay *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great outlook and wonderful way of viewing the future
      Thank you for sharing this marvelous insight

      Delete
  5. Great post. My husband was terrified of Big foot growing up. He thought it lived in his area of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad that you enjoyed. The only big foot I knew was my sister. She was (is) very strong.

      Delete
  6. Not sure humans will make things better, never do until it is too late is seems. But yep, the larger entities sure try and control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it, you might be right. It does seem like we're always fixing things. Fixing - improving...
      Thank you setting our minds in a whirl

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful poem and how wonderful that you were so there for your wife and children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was one of many coming out of the shell.
      ...and thank you

      Delete
  8. That was nice of you to do night duty back then.
    My sons didn't wake even as wee little ones - guess we were lucky.
    I like the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were indeed lucky.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete