Thursday, March 2, 2017

My World to Circle Of Love 
One man's world has gone crazy 
One man has discovered love 


My World (poem)

And so I saw my world today
To stray awhile with those I’d meet
Repeating laughs we shared before
Exploring what our neighbors hide
-
There at the corner of our street
We greet the scenic ocean shore
Imploring us to stride beside
The tide perhaps enjoy a dip
-
It didn’t seem like such a chore
Ignoring warning turn aside
Abide or else in rut you slip
A tip we should have listened to
-
Then all at once our minds did glide
Inside lost caverns we did skip
And flip around awhile to skew
Our view confounded and unwound
-
And then again there came this zip
A trip that brought me back anew
I knew my feet were on the ground
Astounded here I couldn’t stay 


A world gone mad to the tone of this poem. At first glance this may look like a free form poem. Take a look at the last word of each line and the first words of the next line of each stanza. We will see the rhymes (today - To stray, I'd meet - Repeat). Is that all? Hardly. The last words of the stanzas also rhyme with the last words of the proceeding stanzas. What may make these hard to see is: There are five words and they progress upward. Confused? That may explain the end of the poem. 

From my teenage years on, I have marched to the beat of a different drum. This got worse when I started to move up at Chevron Corporation (then Standard Oil of California). I worked at the San Francisco headquarters. I used to stand out in a crowd by dressing different. In the disco days it wasn't too bad if one didn't mind flashy clothes and one dangling ear ring. As I turned to new wave, so did the fashions I introduced to Chevron. To make matters more pronounced, I had jobs with high visibility  I got away with it all because I was Martin, that guy with the wild, successful ideas. Successful ideas like the War Room. A group of people off in an unseen room who heard a question posed to a leader and provide him or her the best answer. Successful ideas like turning complaints into gifts. If someone has a complaint, find its root and remove it. These were just two of many. I was not the originator of all the ideas, but I took the chance to introduce them to Chevron. I was paid to come up with wild ideas. As I got older my idiosyncrasies became more concealed, like weird stocking, or odd ties, but my ideas were out there. Girls playing on a boy's team in youth sports was an idea I was on.  Yes, I was a Mad Hatter of my time.

No matter what people tell us, I think it's healthy, every now and again, for everyone to go crazy. (As long as it doesn't hurt anybody or anything.) Crazy like buying that little rubber duck you always wanted (and his brothers and friends)to sky diving from an airplane. Ever want to be a kid once more? Ever feel like trying something we have never done before? Ever feel like doing something on the sour of the moment? Why not? What's stopping us? Let it go. (As long as it doesn't hurt anybody or anything.) We only live once. It is our life to live. To live as we want.I believe it is healthy to let our ourselves go free. It can't be healthy to hold back a yearning. Living and ever wondering. Time is ticking. This is our time. The world is full of wonders. Wonders for us to esplore. We are one of those wonders. Let's take a moment, no matter how cazy it gets, and Enjoy.


To take us there: Jefferson Airplane "White Rabbit" 

Love can be crazy 


According to studies it takes less than four minutes to decide whether you have feelings for someone. That decision is based mostly on body language. Specifically: 55% on body language, 38% on tone of voice, and only 7% on what the person is actually saying. Individuality also comes into the picture, as illustrated by Rudy Mancuso. 
Let's follow the music of love with Rudy and see where it leads. "CIRCLE OF LOVE | Rudy Mancuso" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you 
fall in love with the imagination, you understand 
that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it 
can do anything. 
Alice Walker


 

28 comments:

  1. Knew I recognized a brother. Have you seen "When We Rise"? Gay or straight it really brings back the times.... I was at Woodstock too (age 16).
    Nice to finally meet you, kindred spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't. I was just getting into rock and roll, via music teacher, during Woodstock. I was pretty out there.
      Thank you and great to meet you

      Delete
  2. Letting it go is the way to be as the crazy needs to fly free, as long as one uses their brain a bit too. As if you have 4 kids at home and want to jump from a plane, you may want to think twice, at least until they are out of the house. No one wants a pancake parent lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great way of putting it and wonderful perspective.
      Thank you for all the support

      Delete
  3. Do no harm is pretty much the golden rule. And after that rule is met there is (or should be) LOTS of flexibility. And fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...fun is right. Fun, flexibility and growth (as long as first criterion is met).
      Thank you and great to see you back.

      Delete
  4. Everyone is different as you know....to be paid to wear different clothes...I'm thinking about that one and also wondering how different were those clothes to the norm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the business world originality was once dangerous. I wasn'tpaid to dress weird, My ideas let me get away with it.
      Thank you for your interest.

      Delete
  5. I went back and re-read to admire the last word-first words rhyme scheme. Interesting. Yes, we must seize the day. If not now, When?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have some fun. Create an original form.
      ...seize the day (and save a tree while you're at it)
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  6. A very cleverly written poem Martin. Enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessing of your smile

      Delete
  7. Hello, Love the poem. I like to think of myself as a free spirit. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad that you enjoyed.
      Let's see: Wildlife photographer - free spirit...
      Get the picture? (hee-hee)

      Delete
  8. I love that poem, it's so full of beautiful energy! I'm glad you were able to introduce such good ideas to your place of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little Alice in Wonderland, there.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  9. I totally get this poem. I guess the drum beat in a way is the same but the pattern and resonance well are just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you hit upon the resonance.
      Thank you for all the wonder

      Delete
  10. Martin this poem is quite apropos in light if recent events...wonderfully done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the deep look.
      Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I was paid to come up
    with wild ideas

    It is certainly a wonderful feeling to have your ideas accepted. More so in a working environment!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were encouraged to think outside the box (but not too far).
      Thank you for the visit

      Delete
  12. it sounds that you were [are] very confident person who lived the way he wanted to and it is quite daring in this world as even your ideas don't hurt anybody sometimes people get jealous with your level of confidence and try to hurt your feelings .
    but i always make sure that my little RIGHTS must not be bothered by others anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to hurt the feelings of a confident person.
      It is important that we find a happy life
      Thank you fir leaving your thoughts

      Delete
  13. You just reached inside my mind and reason for my tattoos. Ha!
    Its that feeling of wanting to step out of my shell and do something crazy.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I am proud of you. I'm sure you do many other "crazy" things.
      Thank you for all you do

      Delete
  14. I agree, its ok to go crazy sometimes!

    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciate your affirmation.
      Thank you for your link

      Delete