Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Now The Rules Have Changed to Time Trouble 
Some rules don't change 
But what if we could go back and change things 


Now The Rules Have Changed (story/poem) 

A quick little ditty
‘bout a lad named Smitty
That I hope you will find witty
For the rules have changed
-
He was gifted and so pretty
All things he put to pity
Anyone who was not privy
That the rules had changed
-
He soon went into business
All his gifts he put to witness
Brush aside those lax and witless
For the rules he changed
-
His power grew much higher
Gifted Smitty was on fire
But his wealth became his mire
And the rule soon changed
-
For one night in a bleak corner
Was for him a scene of horror
Once was colleague turned to moaner
Now the rules have changed
-
Well Smitty got to heaven
Where he found his hopes to get in
Were his gifts he shared with brethren
For the rules don’t change


The story of a man's life becomes am afterthought in this story/poem. This poem uses a last line, in each stanza, which is similar to the last lines of all the stanzas. One other thing some may have picked up on: As the poem gets closer to the end, strict rhymes give way to sound alike words. Meaning behind this? 

I am a Christian. Though I was baptized a Lutheran, my days as a choir singer put me in many denominations. Even in my bible studies, I have been exposed to many interpretations. Over all, my life has been pretty lucky. Though I am not well off financially, I have done and seen things most people only dream about. Things and opportunities were laid at my feet. If ever there was blessed, it was me. But there was something wrong. I believe that a person so blessed should give back. Chevron gave my first opportunity by asking me to serve the United Way in their fundraising endeavor at the Chevron's headquarters. This, coaching and serving on the PTA got me through my parenthood years.When I joined the Masons and I my children were on their own, my charity endeavors went crazy. My biggest successes were the San Francisco Public Schools and Toys For Tots. I also served in soup kitchens and campaigns to feed those in need along with my work with the Masonic Youth. My reputation, in the fraternity, grew to such a level that other came to my side in charity and volunteer endeavors. Yes, I am an egotist, but it is well deserved. And if there is a heaven, I'm sure I'll get in.

I'm not pushing my religious beliefs on anyone. Whether or not there is life after death we shall see (or maybe not). I do believe we should serve our fellow brethren and sisters. Whether financially. in material donations or in time, each person to their own level. Even the simplest smile or the smallest act of kindness can change a life. No one can do (or help) everything, nor should we. just our piece of it. But I am preaching to the choir. We all know this. I am certain we all are involved in serving our world and our fellow brethren and sisters. I know this because I have seen it. I have been blessed to be a part of it. A better world is coming. As we do our part to usher it in, Enjoy.


Need some inspiration: Elvis Presley "In The Ghetto" 

If we could go back in time 


Stephen Hawking once suggested that time travel must be impossible, because if it were possible, we should have had visitors from the future. Since we have never seen a tourist from the future, time travel must be impossible. However, others have suggested that this argument breaks down if tourists from the future are simply not interested in us, or that time travel might be possible but impractical because of the enormous amounts of energy required. Just for fun, what if time travel were possible. What would we go back to see? Here's what Thomas James "TomSka" Ridgewell would do. 
Here's what really might happen. "Time Trouble" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



I feel that if you are blessed, or lucky enough, 
to be doing well, you should help others. 
Laurell K. Hamilton


 

24 comments:

  1. My husband is Lutheran. I am more potluck, I think. I find that poems such as this can be equally thought provoking. The last line in each stanza gives pause and power. Hey , had a chuckle with the Elvis video. I worked as a tour guide at Graceland when I was 19. Fun job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graceland: Talk about lucky.
      Thank you, Appreciate knowing this brought you a good time.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for this review.
      Appreciate your visit

      Delete
  3. I can understand the comfort to the living in believing one will be rewarded for good works in the after life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, there is great reward here too.
      Thank you you for all you do.

      Delete
  4. Helping out here and there sure isn't a bad way to be, whether or not there is anything after we croak haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The words of one who spreads smiles everywhere.
      Thank you for the smiles you send my way.

      Delete
  5. Good works will not get you into Heaven. There is only one way, but I will not start preaching. Its the Baptist in me. hahaha.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got that base covered. And guess who hits the final run?
      Thank you for all your love.

      Delete
  6. Challenging news [of which we have much] has it's effect on the wisest and strongest among us too. Work like this post has IT'S effect too. A powerful one which I appreciate my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do, my friend.
      Thank you for the beauty and wisdom you share

      Delete
  7. Now that is a cute poem.
    Love that Elvis song.
    There is a Lutheran Church in our city but not many members, but that can be said of any church theses days in Australia.
    Always a wonderful feeling to be able to help others in what ever way we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad that you had a good time here.
      Spent the most time with the Catholics, though my best bible studies was with the Jehovah's Witnesses.
      Keep up the good work

      Delete
  8. Where he found his hopes to get in
    Were his gifts he shared with brethren

    Very rightly said, Martin! The rewards to all the good-hearted contributions to society is certainly heaven's gates

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven's gates can be a better world.
      Thank you for all your inspiration

      Delete
  9. I think good works, shows a good heart and it is the heart that fills the spirit with love. I believe there is another world, and some might be surprised at who will be at the gate. Some do work behind the scenes, perhaps by planting dreams seeds for others and nurturing them so they might bloom. A lot to ponder and a subject I could talk on and on about, but I will spare you (smiling). You have a kind heart and spirit and your poetry is always inspiring.

    Hope you are well dear Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow your beliefs, for they are good. I have seen the many, many people working from their hearts for a better world.
      I am humbled by your thoughts of me. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Loved the poem and the Elvis song Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am happy that you enjoyed.

      Delete
  11. I believe success and happiness is only obtainable if you share your blessings and yourself. Have a happy weekend, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been my experience
      Thank you for the visit and have a grand weekend too

      Delete
  12. It's so good of you to have helped so many. Your poem was wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete