Saturday, March 11, 2017

This Face to Hypnotizing Optical Illusion Rings 
The wonders in a face 
The wonder of an artist and his rings 


This Face (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Have we ever looked in someone’s face
To trace the start of every single line
To place the footsteps makeup won’t erase
This space that bears both history and time.
-
Sweet valleys mark the passing of the tears
While tiers of joy have crafted that warm smile
And here’s the gentle path of hopes and fears
To years this held enhanced in grace and style
-
Now to dive to swim in lustrous pools
What fools have drowned or lost their way therein
Those schools of life whose fire never cools
These tools that map out truth that lies within
_
I gaze into this mask of dreams for days
Amazed the ways we blazed life’s daily plays


The story written on one's face is traced in this Shakespearean sonnet. We break away from the love theme, which is the norm of a Shakespearean sonnet, to explore faces. This sonnet carries a meaningful message. In addition. we engage in a little word play. The second beat of the second, third and forth lines of each quatrain rhyme with the last word of the first line. In the rhyming couplet the word play comes to a big finale, as does the message. 

Staring into my face I realize, I didn't do so bad. Sure, I'm not well off financially, but I had the wealth of Chevron and the Masons to financed my imagination. People say, "Money can't buy everything." I don't know. I've seen what money can do. Time has been pretty gentle on my face. This is a bit unusual for me. While some people talk about how fast time goes by (how short life is),  for me time goes by really slow. While this was great when I was active, now that I'm becoming inactive, I can feel the weight of each minute. My eyebrows bear the weight of a less than favorable childhood and people and family who depended on me for this and that. I was in my thirties when my abusive stepfather stopped haunting my dreams. There was/is that warm smile. A smile of confidence of someone rich in self confidence. The same self confidence that turned me into an egotist, The same self confidence that guided me to serve. To serve in charity and volunteer work. I believe that anyone as lucky as me should give back to society. Give an egotist an award and he will work harder. Wrinkles... I was fortunate to have Arlene (now Amor) ease my problems and erase most of my wrinkles. Staring into my face I see, I didn't do so bad. 

There it is, staring back at us through the mirror. It has been with us all our life. On it is written our life story. Each wrinkle. Each line. We can cover it up with makeup or have it surgically altered, but there it is. "They" tell us we are not good looking enough. We don't have this. We don't have that, Too many wrinkles. We are too old looking. By whose standards? Many people are influenced, not by who they are, but by what they are told to believe by the media. Here is the truth of it. Have you ever fallen in love and everyone knows about it by the glow on your face? Have we ever been attracted to someone and others don't see what you do? I tell my my wife she is pretty and she get better looking. Have we ever noticed that the people who are constantly part of our life seem to be ageless? Here is the wonder of it. The marvel of it. On this face is traced a life. And we are told that we aren't good looking enough. Today, even professional models are altered to match a false reality. I am here to suggest that we are good enough. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." There it is staring back at us in the mirror. That is good looking. That is our life. Let us admire the truth of it and Enjoy.


Take it away Emeli: Emeli Sande "Lifetime" 

There are wonders all around 


Ouka is a popular Tokyo, Japan juggler, illusionist and magician who has been seen throughout the world. Ouka’s specialty performance is his impressive ring arts. His talent won him the Japanese Diabolo National Championship. Kuma Films has created a video to dazzle us with his amazing skills. 
We can't help but get lost staring at Ouka's ring manipulation skills. "Hypnotizing Optical Illusion Rings | 8 Ring, Buugeng" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



The human face is the organic seat of beauty. 
It is the register of value in development, a 
record of Experience, whose legitimate office is 
to perfect the life, a legible language to those 
who will study it, of the majestic mistress, 
the soul. 
Eliza Farnham

 

26 comments:

  1. Most thoought provoking poem Martin, Money or wealth is not everything in life, I think "Inner Peace" is most important and to be grateful for the good things we do possess.
    Enjoy your week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.
      Money isn't everything, but you sure can do a lot with it.

      Delete
    2. You can do more with kind and beautiful words ...change lives, give hope. The adoration of money is and will be the world's demise. Look at your Emporer Donald Trump...perfect example.
      My experience with the mirror has only been a brief skirmish for years now.Try not to look. When I was very young I was fixated with the mirror. My mother used to say " Careful, it will crack!":)

      Delete
    3. Greed - Over all. I know what mean.
      Thank you for dropping by and sharing

      Delete
  2. In the eye of the beholder indeed, screw the stupid media and what society tries to force feed us. And most of those plastic faces look far worse than what people did to begin with. But to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "But to each their own." ...and some to someone else's. N'es pas?
      Thank you for your thoughts

      Delete
  3. I am not good looking. But I am (mostly) content. I have earned my wrinkles and I am glad to say that most of them are laugh lines. I have earned my grey hair too.
    And I can smile/frown without fearing my face will split...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I am not good looking." - By whose standards?
      Thank you for the beauty that you share

      Delete
  4. You always write something that makes us think. Indeed there is so much that can be seen in the marks of the face; and undoubtedly we have earned every wrinkle. I think we have to look at ourself with kindness as we ponder our image in the mirror. Whatever life has given us has etched itself a bit there. And I think there is a lot to appreciate in each of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! You put it so well.
      Thank you for the added value of your thoughts on this subject.

      Delete
  5. It's said to see the lines of people's faces is to know they have lived.
    Some people age with 'grace', others don't. That's life.
    Time does move slowly when you become immobile. Time always moves quickly for busy people, there is never enough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have left so much to think about and for this I thank you.
      I appreciate you spending some of your time with me.

      Delete
  6. I gaze into this mask of dreams for days
    Amazed the ways we blazed life’s daily plays

    One can be most contented the way it is.Looks may not matter much in a relationship but character, yes! Great lines Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hank, for the generous compliment

      Delete
  7. Hello, I do not seem to mind the lines on my face. Some are from worrying and some are from laughter. I wouldn't change a thing. Love the poem, thanks for sharing.
    Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way of staying beautiful.
      Thank you for the well wishes. May all your days be bright.

      Delete
  8. Wow.. much to ponder with this poem. I admit too that I never have saw myself as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad to set your mind adrift.
      (you're just modest)

      Delete
  9. This called to mind a morning when my husband looked into the mirror preparing to shave and said "I don't know who you are, but I'm going to shave you anyway!" I wholeheartedly agree there's far too much emphasis placed on appearances in our modern plastic world! Well said, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this moment and for the affirmation.
      Appreciate your visit

      Delete
  10. Martin, I think this is my favourite of your sonnets and I so enjoyed your notes after. To me, every white hair and wrinkle is a badge of honour, and I am grateful to still be alive, whatever the wear and tear. Smiles. It beats the alternative, hee hee. I so enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful compliment.
      You are indeed beautiful. A gift...

      Delete
  11. I love what you've written here. We do 'wear' our life on our face, our bodies, be it wrinkles or scars. Both pleasant and unpleasant shaped us, to create who we are right now. I certainly don't appreciate every hardship and unhappiness I've experienced, but I certainly do appreciate who I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love what you have written here.
      Thank you for enjoying.
      Continue to have a great life

      Delete
  12. Your thoughts are intriguing and the poem is wonderful. Life in our faces is a unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments and your thoughts

      Delete