Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Wave Upon Wave to Nerf John Wick 
An escape in perspectives 
An escape from assassination 


Wave Upon Wave (free form poem) 

Wave upon wave within my sleep
I reach out my hands toward the skies
Hoping wishing dreaming for some escape
From this endless meaningless misery
-
I’m taken up to the heavens
To enjoy all the best life has to give
Good fortune and labor have smiled
Here I sit on a throne others have fashioned
Looking down at some poor ants
I shed a tear as I watch one amble aimlessly
-
Wave upon wave within his sleep
He stretches forth his hands through vales of why
Devotion unswerving he feels something more
Beyond the drudgery of just one more day
-
She picks him up holding him close
Her heart speaks what words cannot say
Her eyes tell of fantasies waiting somewhere
And high in his cloud blanketed with love
He looks down upon his reflection
In a pool of tears of those not as happy as him
-
Wave upon wave within its sleep


Fortune is found in perspectives through this free form poem. This poem starts at the end. It take a loose look at layers of existence. The last line of the poem should make us feel like there is more. Take the message anyway we please. There is always something better and something worse.

I am a Christian I do believe in an afterlife. What it actual is, I don't know. All that aside, I know there are people better than me. But I met Arlene and my life was paradise. I had a teacher, among all my teachers, who took me and dressed me special. I have seen and done things other people only dream about. I have been given opportunities to pay back and serve my fellow brothers and sisters. I have been able to inspire others. Arlene and I were a dream. The world is a better place because this little ant was here. Life had its ups and its downs, even for me. Now I am old and Arlene was taken from me. With a life as glorious as mine how could I be sad? Just in case, though, I was granted Amor, my new wife. Amor has the gift of making me happy, no matter what.  With Amor and the many treasure chests and people and things of a past, how could I be anything but happy? Is there a heaven? Yes... my life.

I have lived a pretty blessed life, which I feel prohibits me from suggesting to others how to live their lives. Living a great life does have paradoxes. There is so much I cannot do anymore, but I did so much and did it well. Arlene was taken way too soon, but we were magic and the memories we made... I can only imagine me now had I lived a lesser life. But even as I type this, I am taken to the lives of others that I served. People who do not own a home. People whose relationship(s) didn't work out. People with far less experiences. People who were homeless. A great many of these were satisfied. Then I thought, there are doctors, lawyers, plumbers. florists, writers and the endless jobs we do. Even beggars. Some do this really well. The point is that there are many levels, many different considerations. What is happiness? Happiness is an individual thing. There are no layers to it. One individual can be just as happy as another (if not more), regardless of their social status, or those things perceived to be important (or unimportant). Had my life been different, would the things important to me be different? Does it really matter? Still, I am happy. So should we all be. Find a moment. Find a purpose (or two). Find that individual called you and Enjoy.


Here to take us to another moment: Kenny G "The Moment" 


How does one remove danger from a gunfight 


The name Nerf, referring to the toy brand created by Parker Brothers and currently owned by Hasbro, actually comes from a strange source - drag racing. In the late ‘60s, foam-covered bars, sometimes called “nerf bars,” were put on the front of the trucks that pushed racers to the starting line. This prevented damage to the cars. In order that we might more fully enjoy the stunts and actions of a scene, Corridor has removed all the danger. They have done this by replacing all guns with Nerfs. 
Enjoy agent John Wick minus all the danger. "Nerf John Wick" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; 
everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that 
demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can 
his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his 
specific opportunity to implement it. 
Viktor E. Frankl


 

34 comments:

  1. Happiness is a gift. And no, I don't think it has a great deal (if anything) to do with status and possessions. Contentment? Gratitude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate this vision of the Elephant's Child

      Delete
  2. Hello, wonderful poem. It is great you are blessed living a great life and inspiring others. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind blessings.
      May joy wait for you around every corner

      Delete
  3. I agree with Elephant Child. Connection is so important and even in a free form poem, one can connect emotions and images with words. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A valuable skill (or gift)'
      Thank you for chiming in

      Delete
  4. That is the way. Find it and enjoy it. If one wants to be a professional beggar, like many in Vegas, power to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister once saved me (and my pocket book) from a carnival game operator. He was real good.
      Thank you for taking me to a moment

      Delete
  5. The poem is very moving and I'm glad you have been able to do so much good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and for the visit

      Delete
  6. Love the line "He stretches forth his hands through vales of why", I know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. I enjoy my visits to your site.

      Delete
  7. Maybe our dreams are closer to what's real...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe or maybe dream are the beginning...
      Thank you for this and great to see you

      Delete
  8. You have had one beautiful women in your life whom you adored and loved, and now another - you are truly blessed. Many men would give a right arm to have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that terrific compliment.
      May the days ahead bless you.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed reading both the poem and the reflections. It's good to read of such a blessed life, and great that you so fully appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed. I believe many live a blessed life. (Some just don't see it.)
      Thank you for your blessing.

      Delete
  10. "Wave upon wave within his sleep
    He stretches forth his hands through vales of why
    Devotion unswerving he feels something more
    Beyond the drudgery of just one more day"

    this is my favourite verse for the hold it enfolds

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that these words moved you.
      Thank you for dropping in

      Delete
  11. Enjoyable post from beginning to end... wave upon wave, and pew pew! pew! a nerf war! How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you had a good time here.
      Thank you. I try to keep my eyes open for your site

      Delete
  12. How blessed you are to have experienced such love twice. I loved the part of the poem looking down from heaven. I do believe our loved ones look down and are still aware of us, even if only at times we need them.There is definitely Something More. I admire the way you have lived your life, giving back to others. A very uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is something more too. I read you work and I know you are a special person too. Keep up the faith.
      Thank you for all your support.

      Delete
  13. he looks down upon his reflection... we all will do that someday. And giving back to others is what fosters true happiness - some never learn this lesson. Lovely poem and afterthoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good feeling knowing that you feel the same way.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  14. I think you've hit on the great existential question.....looking for more beyond the drudgery of every day. And your words here suggest what you have found as an answer.....love and gratitude. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say to so much praise, but thank you.
      Appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  15. looking down upon one's reflection in a pool of tears is indeed a sad space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be. Or it can be seeing the truth.
      Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  16. Another example of a great poem, Happiness is an attitude of mind I have come to believe.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belief that will make flowers bloom.
      Thank you for the smile.

      Delete
  17. Living a great life does have paradoxes.
    There is so much I cannot do anymore, but
    I did so much and did it well.

    It is a realization many experience but may not readily acknowledge. Glad that you turned it into something special!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A life so outstanding, I just had to give back.
      Thank you for all you do

      Delete