Monday, March 27, 2017

What Is A Dream to You Can Do Anything 
A focus on the power of dreams 
Were can the power of dream take us 


What Is A Dream (poem)

What is a dream
But hopes so depending on you
To make all their purpose come true
A fanciful flight
Your wings to ignite
What is a dream
-
A hidden stream
Of wonders waiting to break through
To change the world you thought you knew
A realm blazing bright
Awaiting your light
What is a dream
-
No matter theme
Of beauty coming into view
Reason can’t stop what dreamers do
Each wish out of sight
Your will shall incite
What is a dream
-
Living in gleam
Of fantasies an artist drew
And be that person always new
A secret held tight
Breaks loose to delight
What is a dream
-
Silently scream
Through magic moments known by few
Of cloudy times away you blew
A star of such height
Makes others unite
You are the dream 


The stream of a dream and what it may seem fills the lines of this poem. The rhyme scheme of this poem should have become self evident.  The beat pattern is a bit more complex, though it stays the same from stanza to stanza. One final thought. When discussing dreams a free form poem seems more appropriate. Why was a poem with tight and ordered rhymes and beats used? 

At Chevron, I was paid to dream. People would come to me for something and I got it done. This all makes me seem great, but I really wasn't. I had a skill and a high success rate. I was active at a time when computers were still new. My greatest success was my work with the San Francisco public schools. This may give an insight into how a man, dreams and life worked. I became a Mason in 1991. I was assigned to head my Lodge's public school committee in 1994. The Masons are big supporters of the public schools. They also have lots of money. All this amounted to pencil boxes and minor supplies for the schools, by the organization who once was the backbone of our schools. My first action was to contact the California Association of Nonprofits. They match up people with money to give with organizations who need money.  They found us Miss. Wong, a teacher at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. She was trying to sell a reading program, "Stepping Stones To Reading". She had the backing of the school's teachers. She only needed the money. It was much more than the Lodge had given before. Word got around to the other Lodges. All eyes were on a teacher. a Lodge and a new guy. After a year, "Stepping Stones To Reading" was so successful that it was adopted by all of city's middle schools and San Francisco took over the funding. When my Lodge made the newspapers, the Masons donations turned from pencil boxes to computers, equipment, repairs and volunteers. As successful as this was, there were yet bigger times and successes ahead. Did I foresee (dream) any of these things? Did I even want to be involved with the pubic schools before the assignment? Did I dream up "Stepping Stones To Reading"? So it was with all of my dreams. Yes, even Arlene. We recall, I didn't get really serious about her until the night of the magic tear. 

We all have dreams. Dreams we have in our sleep and dreams of things we want to be, Sometimes these are the same thing. I will be the first to admit I may not be the best to preach on this subject. My success rate was very high. I had extremely wealthy organisations financing my dreams. When it comes to realizing our dreams, believing, knowing we can is a major element. Many dreams die because we think can't. To this I say, "Can a rock float on water?" Imagination. The power to see, To see all the possibilities. Then we have our enemy, distraction. We are all set to move from point A to point B and here comes a very attractive C whistling at us. Or our pal D (doubt) who wants to discuss why we can't or shouldn't reach our goal. Can a rock float on water? Discover the power of dreams. Discover the power in all of us. And as we unlock the next door to all we can be, our dreams, Enjoy.


Take us away Adina: Adina "Where the Sand Meets the Sky"  

The power of positive thinking 


"Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others." Is a quote of Amelia Earhart. Here to inspire us further are Natalie Madsen, Mallory Everton and Whitney Call, of Studio C. 
A good reminder to stay focused. "You Can Do Anything"


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, 
life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. 
Langston Hughes


 

25 comments:

  1. To me a dream is a dirving force,
    That keeps me going through life.
    Without having a dream.
    One gives in to tears and strife.

    Loved the poem Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent way of describing dreams.
      Thank you so much for giving us this insight.

      Delete
  2. Very nice post but last night I had a nightmare.. so little sleep. Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the nightmare. Glad you liked the poem.
      Thank you and may everything work out.

      Delete
  3. "What you see is what you get". In great part, we are what we perceive ourselves to be. I'm a great proponent of imaging one's way to success, which is basically what you've said so eloquently. Great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree! Self perception is a major portion of the road to "everything".
      Thank you for sharing this valuable addition

      Delete
  4. I dream and am always dreaming. Liked the poem Martin.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your dreams are the smiles of many.
      Thank you and dream on...

      Delete
  5. Can't always seem to crop up on many and they let it rule them. Screw that. Can't buy into the can't haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't strike me as a "can't" person. Possibilities must surely be your middle name.
      Thank you

      Delete
  6. What a lovely poem on dreams and thoughts on them as well. I'm glad you've been able to do so much good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm compliment. I'm honored

      Delete
  7. I firmly believe we NEED to dream. Dreams are the seed of new realities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I disagree when I lived a dream.
      Thank you and dream on...

      Delete
  8. I believe in dreams even if some of my own are unfulfilled, as I have seen others take flight. I gave up on my own as they were squashed one too many times, but that doesn't stop me from nurturing others dreams. Anyway, some of my dreams are more like premonitions and who wants to know about that stuff, right?

    You are a lucky man and I believed blessed in more than one way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going. Your determination will be your key to success. I stopped reading tarot cards because I was that good.
      Thank you for sharing...

      Delete
    2. lol - I could make my own deck...I always wonder about these premonition type dreams.

      Delete
  9. Stepping Stones to reading sound good and it was a success.
    We never know what's in the future, that's one of the reasons we dream, to dream about something wonderful in our future, for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The program was very successful. I was grateful the California Association of Nonprofits guided me to Miss. Wong (and so were all the students).
      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. A very enjoyable read Martin. It seems to me that these two dreams were meant to be. Miss Wong had a dream and so did you and they came together. We all need to dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are wonderful thoughts. They hint that there is something more going on.
      Thank you for everything and dream on...

      Delete
  11. life is purposeless without dreams, they only push us to achieve something. nice poem and lovely write up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and the affirmation
      Appreciate the visit

      Delete
  12. The Hughes quote has always been a favourite of mine. It carried me far. I enjoyed the story of your dreams and how far they took you. It sounds like you had perfect skills for where you found yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem, to me, a dreamer too. The things you see come alive.
      Thank you for all the beauty that you spread

      Delete