Thursday, March 23, 2017

Wind Is Blowing to "Real People" in CHEVY Malibu Ad 
The love of his life left him 
A Car dealer wishes this man would leave 


Wind Is Blowing (poem)

Wind is blowing
Window flowing
But what can I do
She is gone
-
Days keep glowing
Whys unknowing
For what asks empty shell
Exploring shadows
-
Moment sewing
Feelings growing
More confused than yesterday’s
More confused than yesterday’s
-
Dew drops showing
Ways of going
Vanishing in memories
Drifting in the clouds
-
Kiss me once again
When the rain falls
When the last candle is blown out
When nothing lasting remains
-
Still is growing
In wind blowing
The pain which rules my soul
The testament of a true love 


The wind hears the lament of is heartbroken soul roaming this poem. I hesitate to call this a free form poem because of the rhymes in lines one and two of each stanza, except the fifth. The fifth stanza goes off to a world of its own. When the poem style returns (the sixth stanza), there is an odd sense of reconciliation. 

This goes back a longtime ago, before Arlene and I moved in together, I had moved out of my mother's house and living with a teacher. I get a phone call from Arlene. She wanted to break up. And that was that. It was all over. Blankness was all can remember of that day after that phone call. When Mr. Ogletree, the teacher, came home he found me by a window. He did his best to bring me back. It was the end of the world. "It is the end of the world, so why not...", were Mr Ogletree's words. So why not what was the puzzle that brought me back. I was still devastated. At school (college), the teachers and my classmate were sympathetic to my situation. Arlene and I were  quite the thing. The girls were more than happy to comfort me, I now being free. I couldn't see their advances at the time. Arlene was the only girl. That was how my mind was. And in the back of it was the riddle, "Why not what?" 

Months passed. I still wasn't fully recovered. It was a Saturday. I was at work at the restaurant. David, the owner, said to me, "She is here." It was Arlene. David gave us a table and served us lunch. He also gave me the rest of the day off, so that I could be with Arlene. Just like that we were back together. I never asked her why she left me or why she came back. And what is that, "Why not." It was all those things that went on in my head that kept me going one more day.

Life can and may challenge us with "insurmountable" moments: the loss of a loved one, the loss of needed income, the loss of everything we own, a life altering or threatening disease and things of the like. We are not prepared for these things. Even counseling cannot fully prepare us for when disaster strikes. It strikes, What about us? To make matters more complicated, not only does everything change (at least in our mind). we are all individuals. Each event effects everyone differently. There are even cases were it takes time for the mind to accept a disaster. There is our greatest enemy and friend. The mind. Once we have it back and working with us, we can walk again. How do we get our mind back? I wish I could help by giving a solution. I do believe for every challenge life has a solution. It may not be a 100% fix (better or worse). After all, this is the same life that is aging us. Aging us with all the benefits and shortcomings. One of the benefits is the now that we exist in. One of the benefits is trusting in our tomorrow. Life is beautiful. Life is a wonder. The purpose of life is meant for us to Enjoy.


Back to the poem and: Michael Jackson "She's Out of My Life" 

A car commercial of a different kind 


The Chevrolet Motor Company was formed in 1911. The new company, started in a Flint garage as a cooperative venture between a Belgian-born race-car driver named Louis Chevrolet and William Durant, entrepreneur and the founder of General Motors. Meet Dave of the team of Ali Shahriari and Dave Irwin. of Zebra Corner. Dave is a comedian, writer and YouTuber. He is rarely asked to do Chevy commercials. 
This Chevy Malibu ad should explain why. "If 'Real People' Commercials Were Real Life - CHEVY Malibu Ad" 
(This is NOT a real commercial) 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Ever has it been that loves knows not its own death 
until the hour of separation. 
Khalil Gibran


30 comments:

  1. Dew drops showing
    Ways of going
    Vanishing in memories
    Drifting in the clouds

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thought and feeling

      Delete
  2. Sometimes things happen for reasons we don't understand; but I am glad that, in this case, there was a positive ending....and Arlene did indeed return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like life has challenged you too.
      Thank you for your comforting warmth.

      Delete
  3. Life hurls things at you unexpectedly as you said. You just have to ride the wave and wait to see where you end up...the shore line or the rocks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said and thoughtful advise.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. There is always a way, whether or not things get completely back, is another story, but there is a way to move forward indeed. We just have to get it in our mind and force it to get us back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for giving us another (easier) way to consider handling life's harsh trials.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Mary, things happen for a reason. And thank goodness David set you up a table! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you appreciated.
      Thank you for all of your support.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Her leaving added another chapter to your story. So did her return.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her leaving makes a great chapter now. (It didn't then)
      Thank you for all the smiles you bring

      Delete
  7. When I was in India years ago I saw a billboard which has stuck in my mind. 'Life is a duty. Do it'.
    I don't entirely agree, I think there is more to it than duty, but still...
    I am glad that Arleen came back and returned the magic and the joy to your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A person can live or a person can life (if you know what I mean}.
      Thank you for your belated well-wishes

      Delete
  8. Perhaps, she needed to drift away like a cloud for a bit, for when clouds pass we appreciate the sun so much more. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that makes glorious sense. I was just overjoyed that Arlene was back in my life.
      Thank you for that beautiful thought.

      Delete
  9. loved the sound and feel of the poem...it's flowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a compliment. Plus you joined me. I hope I will continue to bring you joy.
      Thank you

      Delete
  10. It's a good thing you didn't wander off with another young women at that time, but you only had eyes for your first wife - you knew, she maybe wasn't sure at that time. Who knows what goes on in peoples heads at times. Wonderful she returned and you would have then picked off where you left off, I presume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strange, though. For that while, There was only one girl. And yes, we continued as if nothing had happened.
      Thank you for your comment and interest.

      Delete
  11. Hello, love the poem and the MJ song. I am glad you and Arlene did not drift apart. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad this made a moment.
      Wishing you a good day becomes a pleasure for many. (your site)

      Delete
  12. Simply beautiful Martin brought back memories.
    Loved the music also.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully good memories.
      Thank you for being a part of this moment

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful poem and I enjoyed your thoughts as well. Life indeed has many wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to give back for all the joy you give me.
      Thank you for everything.

      Delete
  14. The poem reads like the lyrics of a song. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  15. Life can and may challenge us with
    "insurmountable" moments: the loss
    of a loved one, the loss of needed
    income, the loss of everything we own,

    There were lots of challenges and testing times! Glad things worked out for the better!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fir your warm thoughts.
      May all your days be blessed.

      Delete