Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Always to The Force Awakens To A Bad Lip Reading 
A lover's dreams take her to the stars 
Bad lip reading bring the stars back to earth 


Always (English sonnet) 

She stares across the ocean of her days
Returning to her in sweet memories
Which shares this precious moment with a breeze
Still whispering the promise of always
-
A love that promises to always please
And always tries to guide her through this maze
An always as all other hope betrays
And always sweetens memories as these
-
Now always and again the sun must set
To kiss another memory good night
And add its lavish luster to the moon
-
Now in his arms she casts aside regret
She dances with eternity in sight
Her always couldn’t come again too soon 


The always of this lover's dreams is the focus of this English sonnet. When one thinks of sonnets, the Shakespearean style comes to mind. (A/B/A/B C/D/C/D E/F/E/F G/G) Here is the English sonnet. It is also written in iambic pentameter (ten beats of soft followed by hard). It has two quatrains followed by two triads. The rhyme scheme is as follows: A/B/B/A B/A/A/B C/D/E C/D/E. 

This poem comes from a practice of Arlene. Every once in a while she would stare into her bedroom window. I once asked her what she ways looking at. She told me: Into her tomorrows. I had a real good friend who worked at Hertz Car Rental. Occasionally he offered me an unbelievable deal on a rental. I get a call, from him, one Saturday. He had a ride for me. I told him, I was low on cash. He said, "No problem." So it was Arlene found herself driving a Dodge Challenger Convertible down highway 101 to Monterey. Arlene loved to drive. It was a sunny Autumn day. The scenery was great. There's nothing as beautiful as a happy Arlene. While cruising the beaches of Monterey, we heard a horn honking. It was Arlene's old school friend and her husband. Long story short: Her friend got lucky and married a guy with money. She saw Arlene's car and not wanting to be outdone got her husband to take us all out to dinner. After dinner, we went dancing. When we drove back home, I thought to myself, what an unbelievable day it turned out to be. At home. after preparing for bed, I found Arlene staring into the window. 

Even to me, this is a bit confusing. There is an old saying: "Money can't buy everything." I'm not so sure. Is this this just a saying to keep the "have nots" satisfied? I look back at all the things I have done. I consider myself to be lower middle class. Yet, I had very wealthy organizations financing my dreams. When I volunteered in the soup kitchens, I wondered who was paying for all this food. When I was working for Toy For Tots, I got hundreds of people involved. Hundreds of people, all buying $8 toy (some of them gave much more). That's a lot of toys. That's a lot of money. Improving the public schools took a lot of hard work. But it took a lot of money too. I like to believe one can exist beyond money. I believed Arlene and I had realized this. (There was still the monthly upkeep costs: utilities, food and such.) Then I realized, someone was paying for this. I remembered visiting people in hospitals. The more money they had, the better care they received. Then I remembered me. I was doing all this to give back for a blessed life, Then I remembered the countless other giving, working at my side. I have seen what money can do. I am confused. Yet, I am proud. I am amazed;. People are amazing. This, they will be my wealth. Money may be able to buy anything, but it is you I prefer to Enjoy.


Need some more inspiration: Mercedes Jones/Amber Riley "I Will Always Love You" 

Talk about confusing - A force awakens 


 At one point, Han Solo refers to many of the iconic vocabulary from the Star Wars mythos as “mumbo-jumbo.” This is the very same word the late Sir Alec Guinness so (in)famously used in interviews, when complaining about the dialogue he had been given for his role in the first Star Wars film. This is what Bad Lip Reading must have had in mind when they created their version of "The Force Awakens".  
May the force to control your laughter be with you. "'THE FORCE AWAKENS: A Bad Lip Reading' (Featuring Mark Hamill as Han Solo)" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Know this: I am addicted to you. I have tasted your mind, 
and I cannot forget its flavour. 
longtallandcute


22 comments:

  1. Many the time I have sat on the beach, here and in Spain looking out to sea thinking of bygone days and memories.
    I loved this poem Martin also the music.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wonderful. Thank you for the sentiment.

      Delete
  2. Ha, my husband drives a Dodge Challenger. It is true with the volunteer organization that someone does pay. I do get a wonderful sense that all is right in the world when I can help another. Money really isn't everything but connections are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence about the cars.
      Thank you for sharing your views. they are very assuring.

      Delete
  3. "There's nothing as beautiful as a happy Arlene." Then I remembered me. I was doing all this to give back for a blessed life, Then I remembered the countless other giving, working at my side. I have seen what money can do. I am confused. Yet, I am proud. I am amazed;. People are amazing. This, they will be my wealth. Money may be able to buy anything, but it is you I prefer to Enjoy." "Your poetry is strong. Your life and words speak to me, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a compliment. Thank you.
      There is truth and there is the truth of the path we choose to follow.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, sometimes it can't bring joy. But you rarely, if ever, hear people with money saying they aren't happy due to being rich. They may be unhappy due to other things, but rich isn't one of them. Just something the have nots say pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sometimes" is the key word. Chevron's money made the Boy Scouts happy. Sometimes love makes us happy. Sometimes it doesn't. So it is with all things.
      Thank you

      Delete
  5. You are very sweet to give back as much as you do. It's a beautiful quality. I very much enjoyed the poem, the lines "Now in his arms she casts aside regret
    She dances with eternity in sight" are especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears that I am sweet, but my life was so rich I had to give back.
      Thank you for your sweet words.

      Delete
  6. Money can't buy true deep love.
    Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reassurance.
      and Happy Easter to you

      Delete
  7. I go to the lake with a coffee and sit and stare out at the water enjoying memories. I loved the story behind your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds dreamy.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  8. loved the opening lines...enjoyed the thoughts and the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Id rather have love and health over money but health cost and love is free.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age, I'm pretty satisfied. May you have love and health all the days of your life.
      Thank you

      Delete
  10. Money isn't everything in the sense that it may not stifle progress without having money. But it does make things move fast if adequately available!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts on this matter. It is appreciated.

      Delete
    2. Thank you and thank you for the visit

      Delete