Friday, April 28, 2017

Come With Me to A Girl Never Forgets 
Some memories are delight 
Some memories are a fright 


Come With Me (poem)

A memory
Returns to me
Again to see
What used to be
Come lay with me
Come stay with me
-
Into this light
My soul took flight
A past delight
Did there ignite
Come lay with me
Come stray with me
-
A heartfelt hue
That once we knew
Returns to view
Our Joyous dew
Come lay with me
Come sway with me
-
And soon came moon
To add its tune
As lips commune
Made lovers swoon
Come lay with me
Come pray with me
-
For don’t you see
My memory
You came to be
A dream set free
You laid with me
You stayed with me 


A lover drifts in a moment in this poem. This is a form of a lyrical poem.  The first four lines of each stanza uses close rhymes intended to inter-mesh. Lines five and six have two rhymes (if we consider "me" rhymes with "me"). The real rhymes on lines five and six are on the second beat. Notice that the rhymes the last stanza is similar to the first. Is there a reason for this? 

It's no secret, I'm a kissing fool. The best kiss of my life was the one after I walked Arlene home from our first dance. The next most memorable kisses where at the Disneyland Resort during our honeymoon. It was more than our very special occasion. It was more than the perfection of the day. The air was alive with the scent of jasmine. It was so beautiful that it was intoxicating. Imagine: kissing Arlene in the moonlight wrapped in the magic of jasmine. Skip ahead. Arlene and I were touring Savannah. Georgia. Savannah is a beautiful City. Our original itinerary was changed by the bellman of the hotel we were staying at. Through him, Savannah was opened up. Or was it the jasmine? We didn't know it back then, Savannah was noted for its jasmine. It was everywhere. It was intoxicating. Was the city really so beautiful. or was it Arlene or was it the jasmine? The nights were once more filled with the moonlight, the fantasy of jasmine and kissing Arlene. Let's skip ahead again. When we rented a house, I planted jasmine in the garden. The sweet little flowers were beautiful, but the scent, though everywhere, was not Savannah or Disneyland. Perhaps we were too close to the ocean. Arlene and I bought a house. Only small wire fences separates us from our neighbors. I decorated these with jasmine. Then came the hot summer nights. Imagine me under the moonlight, kissing Arlene, caught in the wonder of jasmine.

Such is the world we live in. Wonder, fantasy, magic are all around us. It is different for each of us. It is not limited to a few things. They are every where and in everything. Consider a baby. Everything is new and fascinating to a baby.  Then we grow older and use to things. Some things gain a special place in our heart, mind, soul or in our being. Even these treasures are subject to change. I remember being a parent. I was blessed to see the world through my children's eyes. The wonders are still there. A drop of water with a rainbow within it; Which can change the perspective of the world; Which can hold life in it and may be the source of life; which joined with other drops may form a river; And so on and on. Is a computer more fascinating than this drop of water? So is the sunrise. the birds singing, the scent of jasmine, a friendly smile, the world. Take it in.  It is there for us. Live our life to the fullest. Take every moment and Enjoy.


Back to the poem: Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars" 

On the subject of memory 


Researchers still don't fully understand exactly how you remember or what occurs during recall. The process of memory begins with encoding, then proceeds to storage and, eventually, retrieval. It has been proven that women generally do have better memories than men. To help illustrate this are Anwar Jibawi, Inanna Sarkis and Hannah Stocking. 
Maybe there are a few more factors. "GIRLS NEVER FORGET | Anwar Jibawi, Inanna Sarkis & Hannah Stocking" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



There are those moments of life that I'll always remember. 
Not because they were important but because you were 
there with me. 
unknown


18 comments:

  1. I can feel how you are remembering past times with Arlene......one never forgets. Most enjoyable to read Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you came along and enjoyed a memory.
      Thank you for the good feelings.

      Delete
  2. Oh Wow! a kissing fool. Can i join this group? i remember to today my first kiss with my husband; we were not yet married, far from it, It was at the Botanic Gardens here in Port of Spain, wrapped in breezes and the scent from bay Leaf trees in the evening time.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely memories

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this precious moment with us.
      Welcome to the club of kissing fools.

      Delete
  3. Hello, pretty poem and lovely memory. I would love to plant some jasmine. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased that you enjoyed. Jasmine can be an indoor plant. Though a bit harder.
      Thank you. Great weekend to you.

      Delete
  4. Seeing the world once more through a child really can break one out of the getting used to it routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're familiar with this practice.
      Thank you. See you later.

      Delete
  5. Live our life to the fullest.
    Take every moment and Enjoy.

    It is there for the asking. Make the most of it. And another thing. The first kiss lingers on in sweet memory. Thanks for rekindling the feelings!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, Hank.
      Thank you for all the positive energy you send.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful poem, memories can indeed give us so much. It sounds like you lived in such a place of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to say. Yes, mine was a remarkable life.
      Than you for adding to it.

      Delete
  7. Appreciation and gratitude are gifts which keep giving aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. And I gave back and I know you do too.
      Let me say thank you.

      Delete
  8. Very nice...and I want to be in that sunset/palm tree photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      You might be someday...

      Delete
  9. Martin, what a beautiful post this is...the poem and your narrative following. My favourite of yours, I think. And thank you for your beautiful comment on my poem. I am so happy you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a compliment knowing you enjoyed this.
      It is a pleasure to read your treasures.

      Delete