Monday, April 24, 2017

She Strolls to Can You Watch My Stuff 
In his dreams she walks 
In her dreams he walks 


She Strolls (poem) 

I sense her once again stroll through my garden
Soft music of the flowers thrills the air
The moonlight’s sweetest kiss now begs her pardon
For letting all my dreams know she is there
-
Is this imagination or a vision
Which sways away within a lover’s heart
Where she walks there is no such precision
Of where a day may end and dreams will start
-
And though the shroud of doubt may skew my view
With reason shouting right there by its side
And jealous hearts concoct a brand new brew
Delivered by another’s lonely pride
-
I sense her once again so softly calling
In whispers cast so only I may hear
And once again I sense that I am falling
In dreamer’s garden here to hold you near 


A dream is strolling, once again, through the garden of his imagination in this poem. This poem contrasts two syllable rhymes withe one syllable rhymes. Throughout the poem the beats are kept tight to emphasize the differences. In the conflict stanza (three) the two syllable rhymes disappear. Question: Is she real or a dream? 

Arlene was more to me than my lover and my wife. She was my dream. It wasn't enough that our love, life and romance began with the Magic Teardrop Arlene shed. Or that perfect day we enjoyed on the day we were wed. Not one thing, all that day, went wrong, My princess and I enjoyed many fantasies. Let me share one more of those dreams. In the height of my radio advertising days, my partner, Mike, landed us a great deal. It was for a new hot dog stand company that was opening throughout the Bay Area. First we had to meet the owner. I decided to bring Arlene along (for some reason). The owner had a large house with an unbelievable garden just outside Petaluma. Bringing Arlene along was a great (though unclear) idea. She hit it off big with the owner's wife.  The ladies retired to the garden as the owner poured Mike and me a glass of wine. What happened next was a bit hazy. As we were discussing the advertising deal and ideas, I couldn't take my eyes off Arlene, in the garden. It was like she was calling to me. She was so beautiful. She didn't seem to see me staring at her. What was even stranger, my being distracted didn't disturb the meeting. After the meeting, when we went back to our cars, Mike told me I was brilliant. We had achieved a big contract. All I could remember was Arlene and her beauty in the garden. The real inspiration. Arlene and I spent that evening at a resort overlooking the Petaluma harbor.

Life is a wonder. Sometimes things happen in what seems a prearranged manner. A man takes his wife to a business meeting and is inspired by her. Martin, and all his talents and experience, is delivered to the Masons at the right time. I'm certain that we all have wondrous chain of events in our lives. Some of these chain of events may not be easily explained (if at all). Some of these chain of events are so common, we take them for granted. We are born. We grow old. We pass on. Some events go on unseen. Why is this happening? What is going on? I don't honestly know. Life is a wonder. Are these chain of events meant for us? Are we that special? While we try to figure it all out, Enjoy.


Life sings to us: Handel "Where'er You Walk" 

One of life's wonders is imagination 


Everyone has an imagination. The imagination is not simply the province of artists and children, sci-fi buffs and gamers. It is simply the ability of the mind to think in pictures. We use our imaginations all the time, whether we are daydreaming, planning, remembering, or meditating. Sometimes our imagination can go a little too far, as in this video created by Wong Fu Productions. 
After watching this video ask yourself, "Did I watch that video?" "Can You Watch My Stuff? ft. Leenda D" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



No, there's nothing half so sweet in life as love's young dream. 
Thomas Moore


 

16 comments:

  1. As you say the imagination is a wonderful thing......in the right context that is.
    Excellent poem Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, sometimes thing sure look like they followed some sort of path, even though sometimes we may be looking too hard haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Well taken. (ahah)
      Thank you for this touch of reality from a king of humor.

      Delete
  3. Life can indeed share wonders with us. What a beautiful poem and lovely memories of that garden day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing with me this precious moment.

      Delete
  4. Your precious memories album is bursting at the seams. Which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nice of you to say. (Yes they are)

      Delete
  5. Lovely poem and you do have some vivid memories - good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, what a lovely memory and a beautiful poem. I enjoy reading your stories of your life with Arlene. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice comment. Thank you.
      Look forward to visiting your site.

      Delete
  7. Your adoration for your dear Arlene is so intensely palpable through your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you here.
      Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  8. I love your prose even more than poems, it's very nostalgic, and so thoughtful about imagination...flow.. Thanks so much for keeping an eye on my blog :)
    Great week, Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments and the visit.
      (It is a pleasure to read your work)

      Delete