Sunday, April 16, 2017

Silent Wishes to Expectation vs. Reality In Parenting 
Something challenges a lover's reality 
Reality challenges parents' expectations 


Silent Wishes (English sonnet) 

I whisper silent wishes to the breeze
With hope they’ll bring your kisses out to see
What sweetness lies inside such fantasies
To make them spare some tender time with me
-
Let’s risk an endless moment to be free
To follow kisses’ dreams where they may please
And kiss the stairway to eternity
Which lies amid such promises as these
-
But what would whispers know of kisses’ cares
Whose silent power oft ignites delight
Of wishes sparkling there within your sighs
-
As kisses flow reality impairs
Does dawn still flow aroused by dreams of night
My wishes silent whispers’ for replies 


A lover lost in wishes of kisses is lost within this English sonnet. In this this English sonnet the traditional quatrain form of: A/B/B/A B/A/A/B, is switched to A/B/A/B B/A/B/A, The first half has a lover seeking out a kiss. The second half starts with a dilemma. Then the kisses start. 

Before I start, this is not an advertisement. As everyone knows, I'm a kissing fool. Everyone in the Lodge knew it. That's how bad. this poor soul was. One may think teenagers are"too much" when it comes too kissing, but then there is Martin. In junior high school, after Malana (my first kiss) taught me how to kiss, the girls had fun with me. Malana was a good teacher. The kissing was ridiculous. When I met Arlene, I was a typical teenager, when it came to kissing. Keep in mind, Arlene was teaching me how to dance. This upped the opportunities to kiss. Skip ahead some 25 years. Arlene and I were in charge of dance parties and romantic "fools". One of our guests asked if we had ever heard of the Madonna Inn. (Not to be confused with the singer Madonna. The Madonna Inn was created by Alex Madonna.) I said, "No."
"Have I got a deal for you", he bragged.
Basically, I let him make a weekend reservation for Arlene and me at the Madonna Inn. If I didn't thoroughly like it, he would pay for my stay, If I liked it, I paid. I agreed.

Two weekends latter, Arlene and I drone down to San Luis Obispo and the Madonna Inn. Were we in for a surprise. The Madonna Inn is noted for their uniquely designed guest rooms. Each room is different. Ours was a spacious romantic jungle, complete with two trees and lot of topical plants (real and artificial). Click here for pictures of the Madonna Inn. The dinning areas were unbelievable. I can't speak highly enough about the service and personnel. There was only one thing that kept us from fully enjoying the Madonna Inn. It was the kissing. The whole fantasy is set up for romance (and they do a great job). Question: Did Arlene and I kiss more here or when we were teenagers? Needless to say I lost the bet. Or did I win it?

The Madonna Inn was one thing. but there are fantasies all around us. Easy for one to say who lives in San Francisco, the Bay Area, California, the United States, Planet earth, the Sol galaxy, the Milky Way... Get the picture? Did two teenagers kiss more than two mad adults? We are here and this is where it all begins. All that brought us here are the precious extras to move us forward. Forward to the kisses from life we so richly deserve. Forward to open our eyes to the marvels all around us. Forward to all that we appreciated, loved, appreciate, love... renewal. Renewal to move forward. Believe, know that we are wonderful. It all starts here. So, get out there and Enjoy.

A song from a kissing fool: Perry Como "If Wishes Were Kisses" 

What can be more magic than being a parent 


The "twos" are terrible is a myth, according to Susan Anderson Swedo, M.D., a behavioral pediatrician. Sometime during that stretch, it's almost certain that your sweet baby will be displaced by the Toddler From Hell: stubborn, argumentative, tantrum-prone, possessed by an almost supernatural will. Needless to say, dealing with this can be, well, terrible. However, if you keep your eye on the positive side of this stage and have some knowledge about how to handle it, you and your child will both benefit. We can still have some fun with the ideas of the "terrible twos", as Story of This Life did. 
Parenting can offer laughs. "Expectation vs. Reality [In Parenting]" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving. 
Cyrano de Bergerac


36 comments:

  1. I think the very best fantasies are the ones we create for ourselves. The Madonna Inn is indeed amazing, but it is someone else's definition. Which may or may not match mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a true dreamer. You are the message.
      Thank you for tomorrow

      Delete
  2. My fantasie is that my family will all be reunited.
    I loved the poem, your memories and the music.
    Lovely to read on Easter Sunday.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy that you enjoyed.
      Keep the door open and someday...

      Delete
  3. Hello, beautiful poem and memory. The Madonna Inn sounds awesome. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter. Happy Sunday. enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm wishes.
      Look forward to seeing how you enjoyed the day.

      Delete
  4. The fantasies that are our own hold a lot more than trying to mold into another's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shower of fantasies can be indeed more meaningful to the dreamer.
      Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  5. The poem is beautiful. It looks like a very romantic place to stay. I can see how it would inspire additional affection...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you enjoyed the look around.
      Thank you for this visit

      Delete
  6. Another interesting, and charmingly written, post. I enjoyed your sonnet. That looks like quite the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad that you found this enjoyable. The Madonna Inn is a fantasy come alive.

      Delete
  7. Love the romantic flavor of this poem! Your sonnet is very well done. The Madonna Inn must have been a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heart warming compliment. I am glad I added that link

      Delete
  8. An admirable sonnet, Martin, never mind the arrangement of A's and B's ... we were all lost in the kissing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, another fan of the kiss.
      Thank you for shedding some of your light this way.

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy your poems and stories, Martin. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great poem and the light on more romance.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad to have entertained you.

      Delete
  11. This is a very sensual poem, Martin. I think the two (and more?) forgot the breeze who interceded, but maybe (s)he was with you all along. Grin. Perry Como added a great memory. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That was quite a compliment. Or was it Perry Como inspired.
      In any case, thank you and dream on...

      Delete
  12. So beautifully written. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kisses sweeter than wine...only you can say did you kiss more when teenagers etc.
    Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmie Rodgers - On my song list. You must be a fan of kisses.
      Thank you and enjoy one on me

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing your worthy thoughts, Martin

    ReplyDelete
  15. While, the inn sounds like a beautiful place to explore fantasies, it really comes down to the two lovers. I am not sure the place matters as much as the company. As long as sparks fly there is magic no matter the setting.

    Martin, I feel you where chosen to be a vessel for many who would come your way. You have a unique approach to the songs of life. I also, think the kisses are what keeps your spirit alive. May all your dreams continue to bring light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some places more suited for romance, like Carmel.
      When I look back at my life, I was the right person for the moment. (Clue that there is something more.)
      Thank you so much for your kindness.

      Delete
  16. I am sure you are a master of romance, when I read your poetry I can tell you have a romantic heart, protect that side of you always.

    I don't know much about the Masons, but I know a bit about the gifts of creator. I am a dreamer and sometimes a fool, but I choose the frequency of love to dwell within me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say this: Dreams can come true. They may need some practice and trust (a good partner doesn't hurt).
      When you see that I am right, teach this to someone else.

      Delete
  17. Let’s risk an endless moment to be free
    To follow kisses’ dreams where they may please

    The fault is we are most unfair to our own selves. We should give ourselves lots of a 'second chance' to make life bearable!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. (or someone to urge us on) I know this from working with people.
      Thank you for pointing this out.

      Delete