Sunday, April 30, 2017

Upon A Dream to Car Lip Sync 
A lover lost in a dream 
Two drivers lost in a song 


Upon A Dream (English sonnet) 

Upon a dream enchantment floats on you
Forever lost its meaning in your smile
As moments drift beyond this tender while
And heart beats to a song it never knew
-
Enthrall each wish in heaven’s mist you style
Each whisper brings another hope come true
Is this the kiss enchantment wanders to
Is this a vision lovers did compile
-
Each fragrant breeze now carries me away
To splendors and surrender without end
Upon this dream enchantment puts me through
-
And from this dream my passions will not stray
Enchantment’s meaning ever will portend
As I now float on every breath of you 


A lover lost in a dream is encapsulated in this English sonnet. There are two unusual things going on in this sonnet. Normally an English sonnet of this type follows this rhyme scheme: A/B/B/A, B/A/A/B, C/D/E, C/D/E. To accomplish the sense that the lover is lost the "you" rhyme is reintroduced into the triads. Thus the last line is very similar to the first. The word "Enchantment" is in every stanza. So, we have a sonnet, with no sense of ending and covered with enchantment. 

There were times I just stared at Arlene. I wondered to myself, could this really be happening? How lucky I was that a person like Arlene was a part of my life, As if being with Arlene, a dream, was not enough, I entered into a fantasy world. A world beyond description. Time, in this realm, had no meaning. Was it a minute? Was it an hour? A waking dream. But was it a dream? There was an inspiration to it. A motivation. And from these stares, these dreams. came the dreamer.

What is a dream? I think the biggest confusion is that dreams hold so many meanings, so many intimacies. so many facets to all of us. What we believe about ourselves effects how we see, take in dreams. For some dreams are the adventures we have a when we are asleep. For some, dreams are hopes or wishes of something more. For some, dreams are both. Let me take one step further. I believe I am a dream. I know my actions have helped and/or motivated others. I believe I am one of many dreams. We all may be dreams; Not only in our action or beliefs, but in what people believe about us. To make things more interesting, we may be one of those people who are motivated by, believe in, that dream of us. What is a dream? I lay one more thought for our consideration: Our life is a dream. Think about it or maybe I have taken things too far.  I look back at my life and what else could it have been but a dream and the possibilities of what yet lays ahead. I am certain we can all relate. What is a dream? While we figure it out, Enjoy.


Back to the dream of the sonnet: Luther Vandross "Always And Forever" 

A new terror may be coning to our roads 


Lip sync (short for lip synchronization) is a technical term for matching a speaking or singing person's lip movements with prerecorded sung or spoken vocals. Artists often lip-synch during strenuous dance numbers in both live and recorded performances, due to lung capacity being needed for physical activity. Studio C has uncovered that lip synching may be a driving hazard. 
What next? "Car Lip Sync" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



We lose ourselves in the things we love. 
We find ourselves there, too.
Kristin Martz


24 comments:

  1. And from this dream my passions will not stray
    Enchantment’s meaning ever will portend
    As I now float on every breath of you

    How nice to be accorded all the feelings of love and sincerity. Once the feelings of a joy to be together is shared it'll bloom forever. You've rekindled a great feeling Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hank. This is so nice of you to say

      Delete
  2. When you love someone life is one long dream, it is only when they depart life becomes a nightmare.,,,,,,for a while.

    Excellent choice of poem.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a tender comment. Thank you.
      Here's to memories.

      Delete
  3. Dreams are all day and every day. As we go on in this life I think our dreams change to fit our lives. You always make me think Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam.
      You certainly are a supporter of many people's dreams.

      Delete
  4. Life can sure be dream like, or maybe it is a dream and life like instead. They can sure mean and say many a thing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving us your thoughts.
      Dream on...

      Delete
  5. This poem speaks to me on so many levels. How do you distinguish a dream from reality? Dream enchantment this I know, it's like a magic spell. Sometimes a dream does not become a reality and you are left with haunting dreams unfulfilled. The pain can be unbearable when souls meet in another realm, but not in this worldly plain. Ok, now I'm crying going to find a tissue :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a moving outreach.
      All I can say is never give up on your dreams. In a dark hallway, a true dreamer can create a door. (It may take some time or practice)
      Thank you. Trust. Believe. Every great story has something to overcome.

      Delete
  6. We all need to dream. And perhaps to become dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful poem, I especially liked "And from this dream my passions will not stray
    Enchantment’s meaning ever will portend" What a beautiful dream to be with the person that you love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed.
      So glad you enjoyed.
      Thank you and dream on...

      Delete
  8. Your poem is very thought provoking, brings memories of sweet dreams and of real life during a time long since past. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great insight. The timelessness of it.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  9. Life is a dream, and we are often dream-led, attempting or hoping to make our dreams a reality. It is wonderful when that happens. I enjoyed this, Martin, very much. I love hearing about your life with Arlene. What rich memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream-led - interesting. This concept opens many rays to your inspirations.
      Thank you for all you do.

      Delete
  10. Another lovely sonnet, Martin. You have posed some interesting thoughts on dreams. For me - even though my life at times has been very difficult - I have had someone to walk the path with me and share the load. Having been raised with a ringside seat to my parents (often tempestuous) relationship ... that has been a dream for me - all the sweeter, for the knowledge, that love and companionship are not a "given" on this earth. Often, enduring love is found by chance. A dream is finding that which you never really believed could happen to you ... and treasuring it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate knowing you enjoyed.
      Thank you so much for sharing of yourself.
      It sounds like you are a dreamer. Blessings be with you. Dream on...

      Delete
  11. love the sonnet style you chose to weave these tender words! love the ending too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you here and ;earn that you liked the sonnet.
      Thank you for all the good reads.

      Delete
  12. beautifully woven poetry!
    your choice is treat like always.

    i liked you analogy about dream , yes life seems like dream that goes on until we wake up in to another world.
    dreams are world of fantasy created by our brain more often,they remind,pridict and warn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you appreciated the poem and message.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete