Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wonder Wanders to Next Top Model 
A lover wonders at a dream come true 
Then craziness wanders through a photo session 


Wonder Wanders (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Behold the dream of wonder standing there
Which wanders through my mind of what could be
The wonder of the possibility
That wishes will soon wander in the air
-
One wonders at such beauty is it real
To wander freely there before our eyes
Which wonder with the whispering of sighs
Which wander close with hopes a kiss to steal
-
I wonder if my dream is here to stay
Or will she wander back behind the stars
And leave my heart to wonder at the scars
Which wander with a tear back to that day
-
Behold my dream of wonder at your glow
The wandering lost soul that loves you so 


A lover allows himself to loose himself in the dream of this Shakespearean sonnet. Besides following a lover lost in a dream, this sonnet plays with words wonder and wander. As the sonnet progresses the two words alternate on each successive line. 

This sonnet reflects a behavior of mine. A long time ago, I was a photographer. My main teacher was my close friend Val. She was not only my teacher, she was my main model and big source of my clients. Val and I were close friends and that was it. Val didn't teach me about photography specifically, but about beauty. Val could drastically alter the way she looked, her feelings, by the way she applied her makeup. Through her, I learned there were levels of beauty. Not just esoterically, but in reality. When a model comes for a photo shoot, see it. Bring it out. Capture it on film. Okay, here comes Arlene. We were already married. In my eyes, she was already beautiful. Now I'm armed with "Val's eyes". I could now see and appreciate a deeper beauty. A beauty that knows no age. A beauty that is always new and refreshing. I could lose myself in Arlene in timelessness. It was hard to keep track of time when I was lost in Arlene. When I got into the charity business, "Val's eyes" helped me see the goodness in people. A skill that would become invaluable in my efforts. Years after Arlene passed, I started courting Amor. She would meet the wonder of "Val's eyes".

I believe, I have experienced, there is goodness in everyone. I admit, there are rare exceptions to my beliefs. I feel these exceptions don't deserve my time or energy. Most people are good and/or have a good nature within them. So why does it seem that there are so many bad things happening around us? Social norms, culture, beliefs, shock value, poor choices, environment and a vast array of reasons, but most of all the media. The media seems to be focused on our bad sides. Bad news sells. A few police officers act criminally, so all police officers are bad. We can go off on the media but consider this: Fear is bad. But fear makes a roller coaster good. Conflict is bad. But what makes a good American football game? People are generally good. People are involved in good things all around us. What good things are we involved in? Need more proof? Look at the world ten years ago. Overall it is better. Believe. Know. See. There is beauty all around us. The beauty of the human heart. A heart working toward a day. A day when our children can play together in peace and equality. Breath in the wind and Enjoy.


Back to the sonnet and a girl: Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are" 

Beauty gone wild equals the modeling world 


Modeling careers are generally really, really short. Young women typically model only about three seasons. Every new runway show features about 70% new faces. Why, we may be asking ourselves. Here are three fresh faces, specifically Anwar Jibawi, Rudy Mancuso and Juanpa Zurita, to give us some insight. 
Some insight into silliness. "NEXT TOP MODEL | Anwar Jibawi, Rudy Mancuso & Juanpa Zurita"


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, 
the amazement of the Gods. 
Plato


 

10 comments:

  1. I simply adored this one Martin, also the lovely photograph and wonderful music. All this in one blog "WOW"

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow to you! What a compliment.
      Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. There is good in most, unless maybe if one is a psycho murderer haha as the good shall flow and help each other grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put. We must not not be brought down (except to lift each other up). Believe in the good.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Definitely good in most. Including in the bad. Some people show us clearly by their actions who we don't want to be. Which is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So let us join hands (as I know you do) for that better day.
      Thank you for the beauty you spread.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you that most people are basically good. I'm glad you see the beauty in people. I enjoyed your poem, your words "Which wonder with the whispering of sighs
    Which wander close with hopes a kiss to steal" especially...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small wonder ALL your work is so beautiful. You see it. You know it.
      Thank you and dream on...

      Delete
  5. The eyes never change so I believe.
    No matter how bad a person is there is always something good in them, it might be well hidden but it's there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine what your heart is saying. Now imagine that day. We know it's coming.
      Thank you for believing.

      Delete