Saturday, May 20, 2017

Flowers' Revenge to Flicker 
Flowers seek out their revenge on lover
Man seeks out his revenge for office joke 


Flowers’ Revenge (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Was lost in all the beauty which love grants
Sweet scent of fragrant flowers filled the air
Was taken by much more they had to share
I swear they whispered of your underpants
-
I let it pass as if it wasn’t there
For at this moment I was in love’s throws
When again the flowers caught my nose
And aired the color of your underwear
-
Twas then your curiosity arose
I guess confusion is not hard to see
I aired what flowers shared so trustingly
I hear the flowers share your under clothes
-
So struck I landed somewhere near a tree
Where a bouquet of flowers laughed at me 


The question: if flowers could talk is discovered in this Shakespearean sonnet. For those of us a little confused: A guy is out walking with his girlfriend in a field of flowers. The flowers started whispering to the guy things he shouldn't know. This is an example that sonnets don't have to be serious. 

I am not easily embarrassed. My self confidence is very high. Oh sure,  I have suffered my share of embarrassing moments, but I am such an egotist and showman it made it easy to laugh them off. My single most embarrassing moment happened a long, long time ago. I was remarkable in sports. Remarkable in that: I was the best bench warmer. I did make the college fencing team. It took me two years or serious practice and a lot of serious welts and scars. I was a saber-man. Those blades travel very fast. So fast that even with all the padding the skin might burst on contact. My instructor, Maestro Marke, taught us a woman's kiss could heal all wounds, take away all pains. Arlene did a lot of healing. After two years, I made the team. You should have seen me. I was quite good looking and I knew it. I was really into myself. The day of the first competition was upon me. My fans showed up in droves (don't forget, I was also on stage. performing). And there, taking center stage, was Martin's girlfriend, Arlene. And there I was, looking fine as I could be. I took my position. I saluted everyone with my sword and put on my mask. The referee told us to fence. My opponent charged. Then it happened. As I retreated, I tripped on my own feet. Not only that. I took to the air. I landed on my tail bone. It hurt pretty bad. I was rushed to the hospital. I was in a lot of pain, but otherwise alright. My fall must have been really something, because when I went back to school I could see people snickering at me. When I went to fencing class, Maestro Marke took one look at me and started to laugh uncontrollably. He had to retire to his office, where the whole class could hear the echoes of his laughter. It took several weeks for then to return somewhat to a semblance of normalcy. If there ever was such a thing with me.

We should all enjoy a level off self confidence. I'm not saying we all have to address a crowd of complete strangers or mindlessly climb a cliff or things like that. We should appreciate that we are unique. We are special. There isn't, there never was, there never will be another us. Think about that: An almost infinite number of lives and only one me. That is pretty special in itself. Add to this our talents and skills and all that we may add to the world. The special gets better. I doubt that as time passes we don't touch someone or something and don't leave it changed. Surely we all pursue a star or two. The special gets even better.  And that special is us.  And that "even better" is just the beginning. (I know these things because have seen it and worked with it over and over.) Knowing this, how can we not be confident in ourselves? Be assured of and in ourselves? Knowing this, how can we not stretch out our hand? Knowing this, how can we not Enjoy?


A love song: Sevginin Kokusu "The Scent Of Love" 

When is a joke too long 


What is the longest joke in the world? It is a musical by Jason Kleinberg ("The World’s Longest Joke In The World"). It is the story of one man’s journey to improve his bad sense of humor; mainly so that he could be less annoying to his friends and loved ones. On the other side of the spectrum we have Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele.
They have a joke that might make Guinness. "Key & Peele - Flicker"

If you enjoyed this video press this link to Key & Peele - White Zombies


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend



Flowers always make people better, happier, 
and more helpful; they are sunshine, food 
and medicine for the soul. 
Luther Burbank


 

24 comments:

  1. Yes Martin, If only flowers could talk. But flowers do get through many of our events in our lives. I enjoyed the sonnet and music very much.
    Happy week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am happy that I brought you some enjoyment.
      May the days continue to bloom for you.

      Delete
  2. So struck I landed somewhere near a tree
    Where a bouquet of flowers laughed at me

    By right the flowers would have laughed with us rather than at us. Only then pretty flowers would have made our day!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyway we look at it, I had a magical daze. ;)
      Thank you for the (hint hint)

      Delete
  3. Can get better indeed, as we are we and we have the power to determine what takes seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And from our seeds what flowers will grow.
      Thank you for the many smiles.

      Delete
  4. What a lighthearted poem! I'm glad you were okay from your fall and had the confidence to return...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment and warm concern

      Delete
  5. I'll have to share this one with my husband. He's not big on poetry but I'm sure he'll get a kick and a laugh out of this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Self confidence is something I do not have.
    An appreciation of the beauty of flowers (and other things)? Most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you see how special you are, it will grow. You are special.
      Thank you for being you

      Delete
  7. I had to laugh a bit at the poem and the whispering of the flowers, I couldn't help but think this man has more on his mind than flowers.(lol)
    The sweet scent of love lingers.

    We are unique human beings with our own gifts to offer others and the world. "I am the only one of my kind" and to tell you the truth I don't mind my uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring you a chuckle.
      Here is another piece of the puzzle. Us. We are a piece of the great puzzle.
      Thank you for all you do.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Best of everything on your journey

      Delete
  8. Must admit I smiled when I read about you tripping over your feet - no funny really in real terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great and funny tale now. Imagine, what would make people laugh when someone was seriously injured. Had to be extremely funny.
      Thank you for everything

      Delete
  9. Lol.. brilliant my dear .. keep writing :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try. Thank you for your warm encouragement.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for my evening smile.
    :)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome
      Thank you for the visit

      Delete
  11. Profundity can be light and fun too!

    ReplyDelete