Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Tomorrows to Baby With A Gun 
The risks of love 
The risk of a baby with a gun 


My Tomorrows (English sonnet) 

Could I should I free this feeling inside
And what will we say when it drifts your way
Will you take my heart and cast it away
Or will my tomorrows open up wide
-
Should I could I trust chance not to stray
And let you decide the fate of my pride
Will you be the cause I shrivel and hide
Or will my tomorrows glow from today
-
Why is it a smile has done this to me
I who met dangers much stranger than this
I who enjoyed nights that others dream of
-
Could I should I leave this to destiny
And one little kiss perhaps she’ll dismiss
Or will my tomorrows be filled with love 


A lover lost in a decision and this English sonnet. This English sonnet uses a different form. Rather than using two different ways to deliver an idea, this one merely switches from quatrains to triplets. We may notice this sonnet is very tight in rhythm and line structure. When the triplets arrive we think something new is coming, as the first triplet is so different. Then the second triplet arrives, It is a condensed version of the quatrains. 

I have never had this dating problem (accept for the story of Gloria). Girls made it known they were interested. When it came to Arlene, there is the legend of the magic tear. When it came to Amor, my present wife, I pulled out all of the stops. She didn't stand a chance. Besides the dinners, the gifts and the charm, I used her friends against her. They all told her that she shouldn't let that Martin get away. This poem describes some of my brothers. I don't know how many times I listened to one more guy who couldn't get a girl; Either a specific one or any girl. When they told me this problem in a bar filled with girls, it made me wonder. Some of these bros had internal problems to overcome; Shyness. self confidence, the fear of this or that and other things like that. Some bros are just bums. We guys don't seem to mind if our friend are bums or ill behaved. Most girls don't want a relationship with a bum. As far as helping my brothers out, I was very fortunate. Arlene was the dating advise "expert". She could smell if a guy had dating challenges. She would gladly give the best advise Cosmopolitan magazine had to offer. Now, who is a guy going to listen to about dating, a guy's wife or that guy cooking dinner? 

What are these little chips in our personalities? These fears of this or that. Some doctors tell us their sources are many. Some doctors tell us they relate to something that happened in our past. Some doctors say it may have something to do with self preservation. Some doctors tell us it is wiring problems. Doctors and their theories. What about me? If we am afraid of spiders. Simply avoid spiders. But if we are a bug exterminator  or we are "really" afraid of spiders, we may have to seek out help. Interpersonal challenges fall into the realm of "I need help". Take comfort in this: By realizing the problem we have crossed a major threshold. Realizing the problem is a big step. Help is out there. Remember we are all individuals. What works for one may not work for everyone. By actively seeking assistance, we have crossed the half way point. One more big step.  Help can be as easy as a friend, a book or the computer. The other end can be a bit more complicated. I believe, it is always better to get other opinions. Life is too valuable to let little chips prevent us from taking it in fully. Believe we are destined to be more. Believe that we can. Know that the answers are out there and Enjoy.


Let's see what Frankie has to say: Frank Sinatra "All My Tomorrows" 

We think we have problems 


At just six years of age, Miko Andres from the Philippines is believed to be the world's youngest sports shooter. Despite the obvious dangers and concerns raised over a boy of six handling such a weapon, Miko's father is eager to stress that safety is always at the forefront of his mind. Thomas Ridgewell, of TomSka, thinks he may have found someone much younger. The big problem: This little one has turned to the life of crime. 
Let's join the action as the police are called out. "Baby With A Gun 2" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



It is not death that a man should fear, 
but he should fear never beginning to live. 
Marcus Aurelius


26 comments:

  1. We are all a little damaged, a little weird, are filled with hidden fears. And we all can become victims to them, or we can face them, fight them, feel them until their power over us diminishes... I love how you get me thinking *smiles* have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored by your compliment.
      Thank you for sharing your deep thoughts.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful poem. I must say when I met my husband I knew from the start he was the one.
    Loved the Frank Sinatra song as always, a bit dieconcerting "The Baby With A Gun".
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate knowing I put a smile on your face.
      Thank you for the positive insight.

      Delete
  3. Those little chips need to be flicked off our shoulder indeed. When you really think about it, what's the worst that can happen? Most spiders you deal with aren't deadly, so whoopie. Step on it, free it, go on your way. Can work the same for most any chip on display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's those big chips... the cracks...
      Thank you, Pat, as always.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Martin, for sharing your truth with us. Edifying and companionable. Aloha

    “Yet the stupid believe they are awake, busily and brightly assuming they understand things, calling this man ruler, that one herdsman – how dense! . Words like these will be labeled the Supreme Swindle.”
    Zhuangzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found some value in this and enjoyed.
      Thank you also for leaving this great quote.

      Delete
  5. Fear can be helpful - and can paralyse us. Which it does is, like so many things, up to us. We have choices. And should use them. (Wisely if possible).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear can also be fun - amusement parks, It is truly up to us to take control.
      Thank you for sharing these thoughts

      Delete
  6. Wonderful poem and I'm glad you were able to help your friends through Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed

      Delete
  7. The guys at work are always coming to me with "girl" problems. I give them advice but they dont listen! Haha.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for backing me up in that guys will do that.

      Delete
  8. Ha! Dating, so very long ago but I remember and you are right - no, no-hopers as one could look at them and see if they were suitable or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do so depreciate you affirming that point.

      Delete
  9. I really love that the speaker describes her smile as a strange danger. How true. Some smiles can destroy us (many times, in the best of ways).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something more in a person's smile.
      Thank you for all the positives you spread.

      Delete
  10. I do love a sonnet, no matter its form. Such an efficient way to deliver a message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to sees you. I missed you.
      Thank you for your warm words.

      Delete
  11. Sonnets have a way of working... love that hesitation, it brings up memories of being young and in fear of trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am honored knowing the sonnet touched you

      Delete
  12. Love your write up about fesrs as I have so many and have carried them far too long... thanks always for your comments and kind word...bkm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. It is my pleasure.
      Thank you and I hope you find inspiration.

      Delete
  13. Books are always the first resort for help as far as I am concerned...bury the head in a book and/or forget the problem, find a solution, have some awesome fun, therapy :)
    Guns scare me witless, and guns in young hands scares me even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must agree. I used to read 1 hour a day.
      I don't own a gun. The video is just supposed to be funny.
      Thank you for pointing us to books

      Delete