Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Last Words to There's No Such Thing As Ghosts 
The shadow of a love 
The shadow of a ghost 


The Last Words (Shakespearean sonnet) 

I’ll wait for you where love devours the night
The last words of a final note he left
Gone were the arms that used to hold her tight
Those hopeful sighs the tears they cried bereft
-
It seemed that here their love so grand had waned
A world of scars now echoed them to part
To distant stars they found their sights had trained
And fortune had dominion of their heart
-
And so she grew in beauty of her years
She even wed and raised a family
She rode the wave of all her sweat and tears
From time to time her thoughts returned to he
-
Soon age brought nights when death was in the air
And in those shadows he was waiting there 

The power of true love is is reflected in this Shakespearean sonnet. Here we have an example of a flash fiction in the form of a sonnet. With only 14 lines available this requires a little planning. Ideally, we want the conclusion to fall on the rhyming couplet. 

Life has treated me remarkably. How can I say that when my world was taken from me so young and unexpectedly? Arlene died months away from her fiftieth birthday, After my initial shock, it was hard to be sad, Make no mistake, I miss Arlene, but our time together was so amazing, so well used, sadness is overpowered by the many, many joys.. The celebration of lives well spent. But she is gone now. Into this scene comes Amor, my current wife. Originally she was to make me appear normal, as I did charity work involving youth. As it turned out, beside being beautiful, Amor is extremely (cute) funny. I now should be suffering depression. because of a brain disorder. My neurologist suggested I take antidepressant medication. Amor has made this medication unnecessary. Amor, on her side, lost her husband. Meeting me, and my wild courtship, brought her back. This is another beauty of our relationship. I had Arlene. Amor had her passed husband. For now, Amor and I are making the most of this time in our life. Somewhere else, they will be waiting,

Here I am. Just one more example of why we should live a full and rich life. The love of my life was taken away too soon. Yet it's hard to be sad. There are too many happy memories. The same is true about my life. I am old, yet my life was so rich there is no time to be sad. Sure, there is much I could have done better. But, I did pretty good. I am one of those lucky ones who didn't just talk. I did. I am one of many. Perhaps we are one of those many. Some feel life is short. Some think life is long. Either way, life is what it is. It is a gift. It is ours. I performed a lot of funerals. I visited a lot of seriously ill people. The happiest, the most satisfied, the most comforted, people in these situations were those who lived a full life. We are born and we pass. In between, it is important that we live; We exist; We experience; We do; We make memories. This is how we too may too  join fulfillment. What is waiting at the passing? For now let us live. Live to the fullest and Enjoy.


Some music for our consideration: Secret Garden "Song From A Secret Garden" 

Now for a ghost story 


Legend has it Lincoln saw his fate before he was assassinated. He reported a dream to his cabinet in which he wandered into a funeral at the white house, and when he inquired of one of the mourners who had died, the man responded “The President… he was killed by an assassin.” After his death, Lincoln’s ghost has been spotted by many visitors and residents of the white house, among them First Lady Grace Coolidge, Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, and Winston Churchill. Today, two graffiti artists, of Corridor Digital, looking for a new canvas uncover a dark secret. 
Let's join then, if we dare. "There's No Such Thing As GHOSTS" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



True love stories never have endings. 
Richard Bach


 

20 comments:

  1. Life can sure be short or long depending on what perspective one wants to take, but it can be fulfilling if we make the most out of it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.Glad to have your perspective on it.
      Thank you. and Enjoy

      Delete
  2. enjoyed reading...so hopeful, taking life as it comes and adding our own colors...beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you enjoyed this.
      Thank you for your new metaphor.

      Delete
  3. Great poem Martin, I'm all behind today with my comments due to a bad night's sleep.
    Most enjoyable to read and that music was great also.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments.
      Hope everything is alright (all things considering)

      Delete
  4. Your time with Arlene, and Amor's precious moments with her husband gave you both a wonderful foundation for your life together. I firmly believe that love breeds love (and the opposite it true too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this valuable and welcome insight.
      Continue to spread your blessings.

      Delete
  5. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. You and Amor are lucky to have each other and be able to reminisce on love in the past.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm feelings.
      Yes, we were indeed lucky.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful and powerful poem. I'm glad you made the most of the time you had and make the most of your current life as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and the good feelings.

      Delete
  7. I believe there are spirits out there, whether they be good or bad depends. I have had encounters so I know what I am talking about. I do believe people have dream premonitions and they are indeed a force to be taken seriously.

    Your poem is beautiful and I cannot help, but think everyone will be together in the afterlife. Perhaps Alene and Amor's husband are watching from above. I think they are glad that you have found love again on the earthly realm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we should not interfere with a person's belief system. I hope that good spirits are watching you. If you have been following Arlene's and my story, there are hints there is something more...
      Thank you and be blessed

      Delete
  8. Your sonnet was beautiful as usual. Your text a comfort and a reminder to use every minute well. Love and loss are inextricably twined.

    Thank you for you support through April.

    Best always,
    Nilanjana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your warm regards.
      Your April A to Z was outstanding.

      Delete
  9. Living/loving the gift. yes! me too. beautiful poem, wise prose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. Let us rejoice in this gift and spread the joy for all to know.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      and thank you for the visit

      Delete