Monday, June 5, 2017

Let It Be Me to Abduction 
Lovers captured in a dream 
A human captured by an alien 


Let It Be Me (lyrical poem) 

I lay awake here dreaming
In moonlight that was gleaming
With a memory left steaming
Let it be let it be
-
A lifetime worth repeating
Two candle flames reheating
Our hearts await completing
Let it be let it be
-
Let it be me who’s holding you tight
Let it be me who whispers good night
Let it be me she’s thinking of when love songs play
-
Let it be me who brightens your day
Let it be me who sweeps you away
Let it be me holding her near that brings delight
-
So here I am just waiting
My passions not abating
These senses aren’t relating
Let it be let it be
-
What keeps us two from calling
Together are we falling
What make this so enthralling
Let it be let it be
-
Let it be me who lights up your way
Let it be me whose kisses you pray
Let it be me holding him near makes things alright
-
Let it be me who makes your life right
Let it be me who you’re holding tight
Let it be me he’s dreaming of when love songs play 


Two lovers share a common dream in this lyrical poem.  This lyrical poem uses two verses followed by two choruses, then repeats. Besides having a love theme this song is meant to be somewhat fun. This sense of fun helps to add some confusion to the second chorus. The "she" and "her" (of the first chorus) turn into "him" and "he" (of the second chorus). In other words, two lovers had the same dream. 

When Arlene and I were young lovers, I'm pretty sure we often (very,very often) had dreams like this. Coming down to earth, Arlene was a highly sensitive people person. She had the ability to listen. draw people together and pursue a common goal. This talent made her the president of our kid's school PTA (Parents Teachers Association). By listening, organizing and encouraging other parents to join in the fun our families made our PTA stronger, which in the end improved things for our children. People with a common dream. When I became a soccer coach, It was Arlene's talent that kept the parents around and join in the fun. We enjoyed many success stories because our teams became families. This was my wife. This was my partner. Together, as one, we would join others to rekindle an old organization. Together, as one, we lived dreams like these.

I am one of the who believe that human beings all share a common dream. A dream of peace; satisfaction and happiness. Oh sure our bad side is thrown in our face, People are killing people, People are taking advantage of people. People are controlling people. Evil is out there. I believe that these are the exemptions and not the rule; not the the norm. Our bad side is easy to see. The news; the media is happy to throw our bad side into our face. Our good side is a little harder to see. It is up to us to search our good side out. Once our eyes are opened, we can appreciate the good things all around us. What makes the whole thing more complicated is: Good is the norm. We humans have a hard time with things that become the norm. We tend to take the "norms" for granted. We have challenges appreciating it.  So good is our norm.There is our riddle. There is our future, There is our common dream. Open our eyes and hearts and join the good all around us and Enjoy.


Back to the poem and that dream: I209P "Are You Thinking Of Me" 

All of this a bit alien 


 Astronomers Margaret Turnbull and Jill Tarter of the Carnegie Institution in Washington, D.C., have compiled a list of 17,129 nearby stars most likely to have planets that could support complex life. What if there were aliens. What would they be like? There have been countless theories. Here with one more alien is Chris Smith and Jack De Sena, of Chris and Jack. 
So, what happens when the new alien and earthlings meet? "ABDUCTION | Chris & Jack" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep 
because reality is finally better than your dreams. 
Dr. Seuss


32 comments:

  1. This just begs to be set to music... love the refrain and the use of rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, get out your guitar.
      Thank you for adding your charm

      Delete
  2. This has a very lyrical feel and I now have a melody playing in my head. I wrote a song once "Thinking of You" it's about a love that never materialized in this world, but was thriving in a parallel world. You could say it was an untouched love in many ways. A dream within a dream of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds to me like "Young Love". (we're never too old) It does happen. We are the dreamers.
      Thank you and sweet dreams.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, the media tend to use the bad side more because it gets ratings. Most people aren't like that, but doesn't mean one still shouldn't be cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you agree. I've found, if we do good others will protect us.
      Thank you for all the good you do.

      Delete
  4. Nice lyrical poem.

    I agree with you, humans share a common dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and the affirmation.

      Delete
  5. Most of us are good I agree. The noisy are more 'in your face' and destructive though. We need to try and live the best life we can just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are united in this.
      Thank you. Let us go forward singing of that better day.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely and charming poem! Such a beautiful dream to share... I also believe that most people are essentially good and have positive goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I sense this has touched something in you.
      that is real compliment. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Love the dr seuss Poem Seems that in the lovely poem the reality is expressed dr seuss was talking about. There is indeed a lot of good.
    There is good and bad everywhere including inside us and we have a choice to choose the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed the poem Martin!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to say, Lisa.
      Thank you for the smiles.

      Delete
  9. As long as I can remember there was always a war going on - one day hopefully there will be peace - we certainly dream this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe wars are seeing their last days. People are basically good.
      Here's to that better day. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Simply wonderful Martin, enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne, for making time for me.
      Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  11. Hello, beautiful poem. I wish for peace, I am trying to see the good in people. Thinking positive here. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are powerful elements to our brighter morning.
      Thank you for all you do to bring us closer to that day.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful poem, I enjoyed it. I've had many dreams like this in my younger years, been married to the same man 48 years now. I agree with you, we tend to take the "norms" for granted. Some do not appreciate a good thing until there is a "rude awakening". Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this energetic compliment.
      May you enjoy many more wonderful dreams.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed it

      Delete
  14. A great poem..joyful read .. thumbs up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad that this brought you joy.
      Thumbs up to you.

      Delete