Monday, June 26, 2017

Tell Me Why to Sherlock Holmes 
One man searches a mystery 
One man defines a mystery 



Tell Me Why (poem)

Hers was the smile the essences of day
If there was a care it drifted away
There wasn’t a calm her wink couldn’t slay
Why tell me why did she come my way
-
Lost in her eyes some soft mystery
Like stars in a heaven talking to me
Of dream come alive from some fantasy
Why tell me why then didn’t I flee
-
She talks to me of realms in the sky
Where she made a space for just her and I
Here we could escape as worlds pass us by
Why tell me why did I sit and sigh
-
She took me through thoughts I didn’t know
Where whispers and kisses would guide the flow
My heart now answered wherever she’d go
Why tell me why did my love then grow
-
Then came the words of yes I love you
But how could this be with someone so new
Then time seemed to freeze for dream to come true
Why tell me why won’t time beat anew 


A lover, lost in wonder, searches for reasons make a poem. At first this looks like a simple love poem. Then we notice the ending of each stanza is quite similar. There is one more mystery. Clue: "Why" or "Y". The rhyme pattern, as the poem goes on,  matches the vowels: A E I O U and sometimes "Why".

One of my female friends was a model, singer and dancer named Val. She gave me an insight into the nature of beauty. There is a subtlety to beauty that goes beyond good looks, Armed with this knowledge makes a model so much more. Arlene was naturally beautiful (with great legs). She didn't need any makeup to look good. Not even lipstick. Many were the times this love sick puppy would lose himself in her beauty. I would stare at her (timelessly). I would take her in. I can't tell how many movie scenes. how many play parts, how much scenery and so much more went by as I was lost in Arlene. As time and years went by, I never grew tired of taking her in, Arlene's beauty was always fresh. She just enjoyed and took in my antics, Sometimes she would stare back. Sometimes she played along with, played into my fascination, my fantasy, my"whatever it was". Arlene used to hang out with Val.

There are two types of beauty: The beauty we are sold and natural beauty. Much of what people "know", think and/or accept as beautiful is the media trying to sell us something;  Our culture telling us this is true beauty; This is what we should aim for. It all enters into our existence from our earliest age. There are many reasons for all of this (sales, control, uniformity, beliefs, et cetera). For those of us who don't fit in the mold, we experience the issues. There is another beauty. It goes beyond what we can see or feel (though it does take in all of our senses). We all know it. We have all experienced it. It starts here. Here with us. That person in the mirror, that's where natural beauty starts. This is not to make us feel good about ourselves. It's just the way it is. Natural beauty is an individual experience. Some people like roses. Some people prefer jasmine. Some people don't like flowers at all. What is "ugly" to some is "beautiful" to others. If the sunset (or anything) is beautiful to us it is because something about us creates; relates, is turned on about it. Natural beauty is the key to life. There is beauty in beauty. Now, we can accept the beauty that is sold to us or we can revel in the beauty that springs from us, but the most important beauty is that we Enjoy.


Let's get some other input: Savage Garden "Truly Madly Deeply" 

Sherlock Holmes was brilliant - But what if 


Sherlock Holmes is a fictional private detective created by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Holmes is known for his proficiency with observation, forensic science, and logical reasoning that borders on the fantastic, which he employs when investigating cases for a wide variety of clients, including Scotland Yard. Pete Holmes, of The Pete Holmes Show, has a somewhat different view. 
Sit back and become confused. "Sherlock Holmes Sucks at Deduction" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Do not dissect a rainbow. In other words, 
do not destroy a beautiful phenomenon 
by overanalyzing it. 
Denise LaFrance


28 comments:

  1. A pleasure to read Martin.

    Yvonne/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, a lot of it is crap. Just the media trying to peddle us their products. I'll pass on them and the plastic surgery crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in California, plastic surgery is making the news. (which we can buy)
      Thank you (which is free)

      Delete
  3. It is true, I think, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I always think that natural beauty is MUCH more beautiful than artificial beauty any way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your believe in this source of beauty close to your heart. Guard it. Don't let "them" fool you.
      Thank you for everything...

      Delete
  4. I've always though that the one with a smile and positive attitude makes the prettiest person. A sour attitude will make someone look ugly not matter if they are model material.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! Proof: Is your husband more handsome when he's smiling or mad? Same man.
      Thank you for your thoughts

      Delete
  5. I am a beauty addict. And find it almost everywhere I look (except in the mirror).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just being beautifully modest. Proof of you beauty is all around you. Thank you and enjoy.

      Delete
  6. I think that sometimes beauty can scare me... as if it's untouchable... I have sometimes found that for some beauty means isolation and loneliness... and in there lies many cases of lost love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point. I'm certain that you are not alone.
      Thank you for bringing this out.

      Delete
  7. We could not recognize what we admire if it were not in ourselves already, Martin. You are right. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too.
      Your site show your beauty.

      Delete
  8. A beautiful sweet poem. Beauty is a gift. Whether it is people landscapes poetry music. The beauty what is beyond we can see, as you put it perfectly, is the biggest treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearly for your affirmation.
      Let us use our time to spread our beauty.
      Nice to see you

      Delete
  9. Beauty if definitely a perspective, and when we lose sight of that, we lose many other things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who would know better than a beautiful person like yourself.
      Thank you for all you do.

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful poem and I very much enjoyed reading your thoughts on beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad that you found this enjoyable.

      Delete
  11. Luv the LaFrance quote you ended your post with. And thanks for a nice serving of Love-poem

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a delight to see you here.
      Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  12. or we can revel in the beauty that springs from us,
    but the most important beauty is that we Enjoy

    Yes, it has to be interactive to give full impact. It is not just to see and admire but we extend our inputs to be involved more so when we are happy with the outcome. Great thoughts Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Hank
      I like the way that you expressed the concept. Thank you

      Delete
  13. Good to hear Savage Garden again...
    My Granny used to say 'handsome is as handsome does' She was right.Beauty comes from within.Although physical beauty does exist I don't see any of it in Hollywood or glossy magazines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Granny is right in so many ways. It is not only our looks, but our actions which define our beauty.
      Thank you for sharing this wisdom.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Love the poem and your words .. I absolutely agree with you.. how profound and true! Yes ..beauty is an individual experience! Love your whole post .. excellent indeed my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind compliment and affirmation.
      Keep spreading your beauty

      Delete