Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Song to Darci Lynne Farmer 12 Year Old Ventriloquist 
A well fashioned song to mark an end 
A well fashioned song to mark a beginning 


The Song (Shakespearean sonnet) 

It was a song an echo from his past
Which caused his dreams to pause and then repent
In all the joys and happiness well spent
A time forever after meant to last
-
And though he danced his partners have all gone
Was no one left who understood his smile
He wonders has it been so long a while
And still this song politely lingers on
-
How could they know the melody he hears
The places they have seen and they have chanced
Igniting dreams in others with their dance
To song which now ignites confusing tears
-
He sighs as song continues to portend
He knows his song is coming to the end 


The sweet music of a memory plays out in this Shakespearean sonnet. While most Shakespearean sonnets have a love theme, this one toys with our sentiments. This sonnet uses the less popular rhyme pattern: ABBA/ CDDC/EFFE/GG. 

After Arlene's passing, I returned to some semblance of normalcy. Beside my family, friends and associates, I was helped along by the many projects I was involved in and those that called for my attention. I didn't organize entertainment anymore. My attention was drawn to Toys For Tots, College Scholarships for youths, Masonic rituals and education, my various charities and things like that. To aid all that I was involved in required that I attend Lodge functions, not only for my Lodge but many other Lodges who were supporting my efforts. At these functions, I could see many little things Arlene and I had introduced. It is amazing how good ideas spread. On one hand I was complimented and honored. On the other hand I missed the partner who made all this come to life, Arlene. And what life it was. A beautiful song that touched the lives of so many. But this song was coming to an end, as I turned my projects over to new fresher souls. The story of that man was coming to a close. Little did I know there was one more chapter to be written.

What are we doing right now? Did we ever think how we were changing the world? Oh yes. even us changing everything. Think about this: A farmer was picking strawberries. These strawberries made it to market, where they were purchased by a chef. The strawberries tasted so good the chef was inspired to make a special snack for his boss. The boss was having a bad day, until he ate the snack. The snack was so good that it took the bitterness off of things. The boss was the President. So a farmer changed the world. So it is with all of us. We are all connected. Cause and effect. A chain reaction. We write about saving a tree. Someone reads what wrote and decides to join us. Others join in and writing turns into so much more. Now let's take things one step further. We only have one vote in an election. What if we convinced others to vote? To vote in our direction? What if we inspired others? To grow their garden as nice as as ours; Another way to prepare a meal; To join in the efforts for a better tomorrow; To lead; To follow. Make no mistake, we are all of us changing the world. Not only that, we are leaving a memory of ourselves behind. Let us make our memories ones that we can Enjoy.


Let's think this all through over a warm beverage: Cappuccino Bar "Espressivo" 

Talk about making memories 


Ventriloquism history is diverse as it is ancient. What is concrete and to be relied upon is that it began as a religious practice. The Egyptians have a claim to it, the Greeks also, so do the Zulu communities in Africa. During the middle of the 20th Century ventriloquism remained very popular due to such greats as Edgar Bergen, Shari Lewis, Senor Wences, and Paul Winchell. Enter the picture Darci Lynne Farmer, a 12 year old from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It is her dream to join the greats in ventriloquism. 
Let's join Darci Lynne as she auditions on the 12th season of America's Got Talent. "America's Got Talent 2017 Darci Lynne Farmer Ventriloquist Golden Buzzer Auditions 1" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



You may not realize this, 
but people have the power to change the world. 
Morrissey


 

29 comments:

  1. one little act can sure spur out creating its own web, touching many along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we well know.
      Thank you for all the smiles and the support.

      Delete
  2. I suspect (KNOW) that you had (and have) many more chapters after you lost Arleen. Chapters you know about, chapters you inspired... And the chapters you/we inspire are a form of immortality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very nice of you. Thank you.
      May all of your chapters be bright.

      Delete
  3. What a moving and lovely poem. I like the idea of connection between choices and where they lead to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Appreciate your many gracious words.

      Delete
  4. Wistful Wisdom from a thoughtful, humane gentleman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Sorry that it made you sad. I hope the video picked you up.
      Thank you for the honest review.

      Delete
  6. I found I could "Write" poetry after I was widowed and it has helped me put my thoughts and feelings down, I have no friends or indeed neighbours who are friendly where I now live but having this blog and keeping up to date with others here do help.
    Th poem here was an excellent choice.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are not feeling well so I thank you for thinking of me and sharing these precious thoughts.
      I hope you feel better soon. Best to you.

      Delete
  7. Hello, lovely poem. Certain songs do remind me of the past, good times and bad times. I hope people who change the world change it in a good way. Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a moment from all those amazing critter photos to stop by and leave a wonderful word or two.

      Delete
  8. I loved that video of the little girl, saw it yesterday on facebook. She is AMAZING. Am so inspired by all the service work you and Arlene did in your life together, and glad you carried it on, but also glad you passed some duties along to younger people. In this time of our lives, we need to take it a bit slower and really enjoy our days, as we know how finite time is now. Thanks for this, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to thank you too for many powerful and inspirational words. You have the gift of capturing our imaginations.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, let's try this again

      I do believe we are all connected in the journey of life. Each of us a strand in the magnificent circle. Have you ever watched a spider weave a web? It is very intricate work, much like the web of life that each of us contribute to. Together we can make the world a stronger better place one thread at a time.

      I do believe you have many chapters left in the book of life.

      Peace & bright blessing!

      Delete
    2. Believing, knowing this we have the calling to take that next step.
      (clue) My book has gone into sequels.
      Dream on...

      Delete
  10. Another interesting and impactful post - I particularly enjoyed reading your prose piece. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad that you found interesting and I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  11. I do love your sonnets, and the movement from love to other subjects I find important... Personally I don't mind a sonnet to be about politics either... it could be anger as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that compliment.
      I try to avoid politics except to encourage others to get involved.

      Delete
  12. She certainly is talented - and your poem sings along beautifully too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Touching.. poignant and well penned :)

    ReplyDelete