Wednesday, June 7, 2017

These Words to 36,000 Kids You Don't Want To Mess With 
A lover's words show their strength 
36,000 kids show their strength 


These Words (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Were I to cast my words unto the stars
Or set the wind ablaze with verse of you
Make birds resound in chorus who you are
And flowers to present their scented dew
-
Would I scarce offer words to light your feet
To heights my heart and soul have raised to dwell
For all enchanted dreams you would complete
Enticing waves of passion then to swell
-
How brazen of me thus to hope this way
As if I stood here worthy of one glance
What vanity of mind thought words could sway
What blinding strength fired me to take such chance
-
I thank you for not laughing at this note
Alas there is a truth to words I wrote 


A lover's last hope of reaching his desire are the words of this Shakespearean sonnet. This sonnet uses the classic story style, with a slight twist. The first two quatrains speak of words proclaiming the glories of his desire. The third quatrain poses a problem while continuing to praise. Rather than solving the problem, the rhyming couplet leads the reader in another direction. 

When Arlene and I were parents living near the beach, a great love story came knocking at our door. One of my coworkers, Art,  lived at the corner. Art was a nicer than average guy. If I or any of Art's friends needed help, he was always there. He also knew of a pastry shop, which he kept a guarded secret. Whenever people invited him for dinner, he would always provide dessert. He thought the desserts were why he was always a welcome guest. He was welcome because he was a nice guy (the desserts didn't hurt). Art fell in love with this girl at work. He had fallen in love before, but things didn't go well. Each failed relationship affected how he talked to girls he liked. I know this because I overheard Art discussing his dilemma with Arlene. Cosmopolitan Magazine had turned her into a relationship expert. After asking my permission, Arlene shared with Art some of the many love letters I had written her. I don't know exactly what went on. I saw less of Art at work. Soon he moved. I tried to find out what happened to Art but was told he was on vacation. A couple of days later Arlene gets a thank you letter from Art. He had moved to Concord with the girl of his dreams. This is how I got the address to Schubert's, one of the best pastry shops in San Francisco. 

Many of us have our fears. Things that we don't like. Things that make us uncomfortable.  Things that we are afraid of. At normal or small levels these things are not a problem. They could be part of our natural defense mechanism. See a bear in the wild, then we best be cautious. Other causes could be our cultural and social upbringing. Is it or is it not okay to wear our street shoes in the house? At small or justifiable levels our "fears" may be  acceptable. When they adversely affect us or our surroundings these things should be addressed. Or maybe we just want to better ourselves. Or maybe it's just tine to change. Help is out there. Others faces the same or similar challenges. We are not alone. There is no shame, but rather pride and courage in wanting to improve ourselves. We are wonders living in a wonderful world. Nothing should stand in our way in taking in our world to the fullest. So let us answer the call to Enjoy.


Do any of you boyz have any final words: Boyzone "Words" 

I wonder what the kids in China are up to 


Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Academy was founded in 1978. It is the largest kung fu academy in China. 
Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Academy is located in Mount Song, Shaolin Temple, Dengfeng city, Henan province. It cost one hundred million to build, with a total construction area of 730,000 square meters. Academy management is plentiful: with a professional management staff of 258, with an additional teaching force of 160 level 1 coaches, plus 170 outstanding teachers. Currently there are 36,000 students. 
National Geographic, DJ Ben Surkin and filmmaker Inigo Westmeier bring us a glimpse of The Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Academy. "36,000 Kids You Don’t Want to Mess With | Short Film Showcase" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



You gain strength, courage, and confidence 
by every experience in which you really stop 
to look fear in the face. You are able to say to 
yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can 
take the next thing that comes along.'
Eleanor Roosevelt


 

26 comments:

  1. Fear can make or break us. Our choice. Like so many things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can.
      Thank you for being there

      Delete
  2. Fear is not a pleasant emotion, I speak from experience, but you CAN overcome it.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I really appreciate your affirmation

      Delete
  3. Great writing and an interesting read. Warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to you.
      Thank you for stopping by and the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Wanting to improve can let us push through our fears indeed. Only time fear bothers me is when it is legit, like that bear eyeing me, then I may have fear lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for time: There are challenges on both sides of the coin.
      Thank you for weighing in and for the grin.

      Delete
  5. I so enjoyed this sonnet.. It is heartfelt and true that sometimes one feels the need to apologise for loving another so passionately. I especially like the couplet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like this hit a little close.
      Thank you for your thoughts. Glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  6. "I thank you for not laughing at this note
    Alas there is a truth to words I wrote" Yes, being laughed at, not taken seriously, fear paralyses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our interactions are a wonder, indeed.
      Thank you for this visit.

      Delete
  7. I listened to that songs by Boyzone 3 times 'Words', thanks for reminding me how much I like them singing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, a teenager ;)
      Thank you for allowing me to turn the clock back.

      Delete
  8. Inspiring post.
    I am becoming a fan of your darling Arlene Martine she was wonderful lady with caring heart ,full of life and asymptomatic enough to help others in even their delicate problems.
    Art learned and improved which brought his destination closer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your dear words.
      That is what life is for, To make great moments. (as I'm sure you do too)

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful poem and I also very much like the quote. I'm glad you and Arlene were able to help your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arlene loved her Cosmopolitan.
      Thank you for those great hairstyles.

      Delete
  10. This is beautifully written...classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment

      Delete
  11. A good thing about love stories
    It always comes with a good ending
    Otherwise it fails to be termed such!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This require a little thinking to fully get it.
      Thank you for always keeping us on our toes.

      Delete