Friday, July 14, 2017

Shadow Games to Pea Salad 
A lover is distracted from his goal 
A cook is distracted as he prepares a simple salad 


Shadow Game (English sonnet) 

There by a window will flow silhouette
Of form to storm imagination wild
A feast at least the candy of a child
At heart with dreams that streams without regret
-
Maintains its strains this music in my mind
Portrays a sway which plays a way to say
Good night delight of sight arm now betray
The eyes to grope at hope till you they find
-
Here now in dark a spark ignites my soul
Uncertain curtain draws my mind aside
-
A glance at chance forever lose my goal
What walls will fall when doom and hope collide
-
Please start a heart now yearning to be whole
Amidst the kiss of bliss our love will guide 


A lover is lost in his delight and his hope is found in this English sonnet. As most English sonnets, this one is divided into two parts. The quatrains describes a magical desire which has captured a lover. The couples relates the lover's efforts to get to the source. This sonnet is heavy with word play (rhymes within rhymes). This was done to heighten the lover's madness. 

Ah those days as a parent. Peter and Robin were real blessings. The were both excellent students and didn't get in any big trouble. Then it happened. To Peter first. He met the girl. His first love. I saw the "little" gifts, the endless phone calls, the girl he was spending more than usual time with. I didn't interfere. I had mysteries of my own. As Peter was going through his first love, the early days of Arlene were awakened. At first, I didn't know exactly what was going on. I was calling her from work, just to hear her voice. I felt this need to buy her favorite candy. Though Arlene enjoyed this reawakening, she let me in on what was going on. (I think it might have been all those phone calls.) Arlene had problems/entertainment of her own. She had a son dealing with his first love; and she had the return of the love-sick puppy. She, being the Cosmopolitan Magazine girl, decide to take in the whole experience in her own way. I went with it, while it lasted. A few more walks. A couple more times dining out. And let's not forget the kisses. Ah, those days...  And I had two kids.

"Act your age." How many times has this reverberated around in our skull? To this I answer, what is our age? What does it matter how I act, so long as I don't hurt anybody or anything? It is our life to live. My first concern, as far as behavior is me. If I want to behave like someone else, it is up to me. If others want to behave like me, it is on them. If I, a 60 year old man, wants to act like a teenager, more power to me. Take into account, the physical stamina required. How many have not admired how some women can naturally defy anyone to guess their age? People will laugh at us. Let them. We are too confident in ourselves to let things like that bother us. We should be confident in ourselves. We may not be perfect, but we are the best "Me" there is and getting better. We are wonders. Life is a wonder. This is our life. Use it. Live it to the fullest and Enjoy.


Let's see, the sonnet left off at a kiss: Ed Sheeran "Kiss Me" 


Nothing builds confidence like learning to cook 


Peas contain high amounts of a health-protective polyphenol called coumestrol. A study in Mexico City determined you only need 2 milligrams per day of this phytonutrient to prevent stomach cancer. Peas also make a good salad. And they are a good source for a laugh. Here to bring these two elements together is Gregg of You Suck At Cooking. 
Get through all the clowning around, this actually is a good salad. "Pea Salad - You Suck at Cooking (episode 62)" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



If you don't get lost 
there's a good chance you'll never be found 
Laurie Pawlik-Kiensten


18 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this sonnet, Made good sense and reading.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making you happy makes me happy.
      Thank you, Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Hello, well done, I always enjoy your poems and memories. I am a fan of Sheeran's songs. Happy Friday, have a great day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to add a little more enjoyment to your day.
      thank you and have another one.

      Delete
  3. One should sure act how they want, as long as they don't hurt anyone, as you say, and have enough common sense not to do something stupid and look after their responsibilities as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a saying you may like: "Common sense changes down the block"
      Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. I do act my age. All of them. The crone and the child are both a part of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a clever thought.
      Thank you for being you.

      Delete
  5. I act as the moment leads... love the song choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By your words, you are indeed a wonder.
      Thank you for this visit

      Delete
  6. Pea Salad! How nice Martin, to be given the privilege of sampling it!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine. Thank you.
      Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  7. A fine English sonnet. I certainly enjoyed reading your work here. See you on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this nice compliment.
      See you at your site too.

      Delete
  8. With such hopes there has to be a chance to avoid doom. Love the sonnet,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the affirmation and the compliment

      Delete
  9. Wonderfully penned and rich sonnet.. agree on being spontaneous and acting one's age.. great thoughts indeed.. blessings dear:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you found this enjoyable.
      Thank you for your support and inspiration.

      Delete