Sunday, July 30, 2017

Take My Hand to Help Me Help You 
One lover wants to take his desire away 
One lover wants to help his desire 


Take My Hand (round) 

Take my hand if you dare
You may have to dance
You might have to glance
You may even learn to share
-
Think you might have a chance
Make a dream or two
Set visions anew
The souls that we enhance
-
What holds you from my view
Do you need a kiss
Embrace I have missed
In all is there I feel for you
-
Can I share a world of bliss
Just take my hand
Help me so I stand
And place your faith in this
-
First my friend, take my hand
For you will I share
All the things we dare
In that day we’ll understand
-
On that day we will be grand
But for this moment take my hand 


An eternal promise in an outstretched hand forms this round. A round normally has no beginning or end. In this round the middle rhymes (lines 2 and 3) form the outer rhymes of the next stanza. The last 4 line stanza leads back to the first stanza. This round has an coda. Why? 

I was fortunate to have been a part of a unique period. My childhood and upbringing was in a male dominated world and household. So did Arlene. She went to a nun run girls' school, so she was more brainwashed (about male domination) than me. Arlene's father was a chef. No one was allowed in his kitchen. Arlene couldn't cook. I had to cook for my brothers and sister. I made extra money being a houseboy. Arlene couldn't clean house as good as me (though she did help). This was a start of a different order of things. There was only one problem with our "Palace in the Sky". The love birds in it were too content. It wasn't until we moved into that giant flat of our Disc Days that things started to take off. Arlene and I started to "really grow" as individuals. I got into this and that. Arlene got heavily into business. One would think this would grow us apart. But we had learned a secret: 1 + 1 = more. By growing as individuals and rejoicing in our differences we became more. A household which already challenged traditional female and male norms, built form upon a framework. As a team, Arlene and I were pretty impressive. A few of our team accomplishments were: Arlene activating a Parents Teachers Association with me working at her side. Arlene and I proving to a soccer league that young girls and boys athletically were the same, The team of Arlene and Martin bringing about a change in the Freemason  (a male organization). Our single greatest contribution was a son and daughter with an open view of role ladies and men can contribute to society. So for this moment someone took someone's hand.

It is my opinion that this is still a male dominated world. There are lady leaders. It is my opinion that these ladies are acting mainly like men. In the history of our world, there were  matriarchal societies (the Kush, the Sitones and the Mosuo for example). Their priorities were much different than the male run societies. Consider the differences between ladies a men. Men generally are more logical, analytical, rational. Ladies tend to be more intuitive, holistic, creative, integrative. Men are more aggressive than ladies; more combative and territorial. In general, men are more interested in objects and things whereas ladies generally are more interested in love, communication, beauty and relationships. These are just some of the differences. In a perfect world, these differences go hand in hand. Not a male run world. but a world run by what is best in humans. That world is coming. We are wonderful. We are the builders of a better day,so Enjoy.


Let's go back to two young lovers: Picture This "Take My Hand" 

Some men just do not understand women 


Here is a list of what men don't understand about women: 
1. Why You Say The Opposite Of What You Mean
2. Your Fascination With Shoes
3. Why You Won’t Tell Us What’s Bothering You
4. Why You Won’t Order Your Own Fries
5. How You’re So Good At Multi-Tasking
6. How You’re Able To Sleep Like That
7. Why You Ask About Our Exes So Much
8. How You Expect Me To Remember All Those Details
9. Why You Ask Questions When You Know You Won’t Like The Answers
10. Why You Say You Don’t Have Anything To Wear
Paul Logan has decided to hire a boys group and take a more direct route to this challenge. "Logan Paul - Help Me Help You ft. Why Don't We [Official Video]"


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Take my hand. We will walk. We will only walk. 
We will enjoy our walk without thinking of arriving anywhere.
Nhat Hanh



43 comments:

  1. Running it together or who is the best option would be the best way. Yeah, women tend to be far more emotional though. Then again men get all aggressive, so that is an emotion too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much better the world will be when we can work hand in hand.
      Thank you, Pat

      Delete
  2. Thank you for reading my blog and being a regular contributer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome.
      Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful poem and beautiful thoughts. It is wonderful when two separate people connect and become more together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments.
      What beautiful music two can make.

      Delete
  4. I suspect that some of the differences you cite we are trained into from a very early age. However they occur we need them all, and need to learn to work together. The world would be a better place in there was no 'us and them' (whatever the label) and only us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be brain wiring. From here, it seems seems both need to work together.
      Thank you. You thoughts on this subject is very useful.

      Delete
    2. I am 100% sure that I "wired" my daughter to be a girl from early on, but ... ya ... Love, cat.

      Delete
  5. Second stanza, last line, I like that line about enhancing souls (I believe there is an extra 'that' typed by mistake). And very insightful thoughts about why men and women are the way they are, some stereotypical but that's how most are taught at an early age. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me about that error.
      Your words of praise are much appreciated.

      Delete
  6. I can really embrace the second stanza - how many times have I reached out to help someone who does reach back. :(

    How are you Martin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does happen. Try to keep yourself reachable. You have much to give. Thank you for some of your magic.

      Delete
  7. I like this life journey through poetry & prose. "Just take my hand" So important a message. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made the same observation, Martin.....that women leaders act too much like men. What a difference there would be, in a more woman-centered society. I always love the stories of your life with Arlene. Love that you each did what you were good at without concern for gender roles. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you noticed too. Thank you.
      I'm sure you have an inkling of the society to come.
      Mine,and others, greatest accomplishment was open minded kids.

      Delete
  9. Gender assigned roles seem a thing of the past these days ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks as if it's fading away.
      Thank you for coming by.

      Delete
  10. "A round normally has no beginning or end." This bit, from your commentary, will stay with me for a long time. Because it's true. And I had never thought about it in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am so happy to have touched you.

      Delete
  11. Magaly had the same thought I learned from your explanation of a round. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and your support.

      Delete
  12. I love the flow and ease in this poem Martin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your poem especially the reaching out. Love your little story and how you two worked as a team. We have a similar situation. I am a bad cook as well and my husband cooks most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like someone had a good time here. Thank you.
      Isn't life fun?

      Delete
  14. Most moving poem Martin, but there are loads of reason why women don't understand men....lol

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women don't understand men??? (and...) But it can be fun (and constructive).

      Delete
  15. Martin I loved the poem and your message...you are spot on in how men and women are different and how our society needs both to work towards a better world....but not in this male dominated world it won't happen....but yes a change is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As this post infers, I fully agree with you.
      I appreciate you adding the power of your thoughts. Thank you.
      To that day...

      Delete
  16. Not sure I can agree with some of your observations about 'lady leaders' acting much like men. Truthfully I don't think that leadership qualities should (or can) be attached to either sex. But everyone has their own way of looking at this, I know. Thought-provoking work this week, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Everyone sees things from their own perspective. There is value in this, I respect your perspective.
      Thank you for bringing this out.

      Delete
  17. The rhyming couplet that you close your poem with is wonderful. And once again, I enjoyed your essay. You make some excellent points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this nice compliment. So glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  18. I really liked this poem, Martin and I enjoyed reading your essay. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too. I'm so happy that you liked and approved.
      To that morning...

      Delete
  19. What a lovely pic... The image above the poem is very beautiful too. I'm glad you and Arlene came back together after fighting.

    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind compliment, thank you.
      I appreciate your warm words and support.

      Delete
  20. Impressive flow! Agreed .. you bring up an important topic :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so and the kind observation.

      Delete