Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Flowers Follow to Granny Grab Your Gun 
Teardrops find their defense in three words 
Grannies find their defense in the martial arts 

 

Flowers Follow (English sonnet) 

A teardrop to some flowers follow me
A sigh to wished for words once more awake
A broken heart another chance to take
A moment which was never meant to be
-
He wanders through the mist of a mistake
The clouds of doubt now rules his certainty
As streams of pain consumes his memory
And as he dies his world begins to shake
-
Unclear from here where storm had found its start
Which form this rift that tore between these two
From here such winds are endless realms away
-
And she it seems her tears weren’t far apart
With flowers followed words of I love you
Another bless’ed tie was formed that day w


Teardrops blossomed into words to bless this English sonnet. As with most sonnets of this type this one is divided into two part. The first part (the quatrains) is his perspective. The second part (the triplets) is her perspective. What makes this somewhat confusing is the atmosphere of this poem. Clarity has given way to the confusion of a serious relationship dilemma. Thus the fist stanza of each part is unclear of who the speaker is. 

This is how crazy our arguments were in that small Richmond district apartment. I came home late'; Someone had spent too much money; Something wasn't done; Something was brought home from work; The causes go on and on. Then came the shouting. It only got physical once. When I hit Arlene. It felt so bad (the shame of it) that I never raised my hand to her again. Not to be outdone, shouts led to more shouting. This and that would be added to the fire. This would continue until someone left. Doors would slam. And there I was. Was Arlene gone forever? That will teach her. What were we fighting about? What am I gonna do? I guess I told her. A mind muddled in a mire. It never felt good. Then came the words, "I love you." It is unclear were the words came from or who said them. The mind was much too lost to grasp what was going on. When again eyes could see, Arlene and I were in each other's arms and someone was crying.  A crazy result of this time: "I love you" took on a deeper meaning from those times on. 

All I can say: that Richmond apartment was a negative environment. When Arlene and I moved out, we were a normal couple. Negatives do attract other negatives. More important: positive do tend to attract other positives. In a world of positives and negatives this is important to remember, By adopting a positive attitude and a positive lifestyle, we will tend to attract positives into our lives. Oh, we will get an occasional negative. We can just laugh them off. (They hate that.) Seriously, a positive attitude allows us to deal with negatives in a logical manner. Learning from them. Our positiveness allows us to turn negatives into something useful. Our surroundings may be negative or contain negatives. This is something we should be aware of as it will effect us. The more positive we are the more good things we attract. It all starts here. We are wonderful. Let the positive flow and Enjoy.


A great video and music to go with the sonnet: Vivaldi's "Guitar Concerto in D" 

Martial arts or a gun 


A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation found that defensive gun uses occur an average of 67,740 times per year.
Then there's Master Ken of EnterTheDojoShow. "Granny Grab Your Gun!" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Emotions have cycles whereas love endures. 
Some people confuse emotions, which are 
ever-changing, with love's durability.
Donna Lynn Hope



34 comments:

  1. Negatives will happen - but shouldn't be encouraged. Or wallowed in. Positivity is better for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A positive lifestyle enables us to logically deal with negatives.
      Thank you for bringing this up.

      Delete
  2. I reside in a somewhat negative area, all too easy to follow suit but I try to be as posotove as possible.
    Enjoyed the poem as always.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are aware. That is a big something.
      Thank you and best of luck.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I try always to be positive. I always enjoy your poems! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.
      May sunshine always brighten your path.

      Delete
  4. Negatives sure can just pile on even more, best to rid ourselves of such environments indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a place for "negatives". A positive lifestyle helps us to see it.
      Thank you for helping us.

      Delete
  5. I have learned through the years to stay possitive even when everything going on seems negative. It really does work.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I get a witness?
      Thank you for your affirmation.

      Delete
  6. I might have been born a pessimist... but maybe I find my joy in coping.. loved the sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But are you positively a pessimist? (hee-hee) Your comment all seem positive.
      Thank you for your positive support.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful poem! I'm sorry you had such dark times and I'm glad they came to an end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment and kind thoughts

      Delete
  8. A lovely sonnet. Just like the old song, Keep on the Sunnyside. Toni Spencer is Kanzensakura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed. Thank you.
      I am one of your followers.

      Delete



  9. With flowers followed words of I love you
    Another bless’ed tie was formed that day

    Flowers have a way of making it happen. It softens the heart. It works all the time. Martin is the guy and nobody else as always with his gems!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment to live up to. Thank you, Hank.
      and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad that it caught your interest.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful poetry and reads like a song. The negatives of life can become a huge burden, your honesty is refreshing. Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your generous compliment.
      "...can become" if not for the positives.
      Stay blessed

      Delete
  12. Your opening line captured my attention. You always have a wonderful musicality in your sonnets, something a more modern approach to the form seems to lack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your praise and comments.
      Thank you for all your support.

      Delete
  13. The beauty is we can start over EVERY day and give it our best try! And those "wished for words" can make it past our lips if our pride allows it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What luscious words.
      Thank you for sharing your beautiful bouquet here.

      Delete
  14. You certainly like to weave sonnets, I feel the need to try one again.
    I found these two lines to be a focal point for me in the journey. I guess we all wander in the mist of uncertainty.

    He wanders through the mist of a mistake
    The clouds of doubt now rules his certainty

    I do know it is best to live in a positive energy field and to try and radiate that energy outward. I am not saying it is easy, as I have had my share of negativity in my life. I do, however, believe we possess the power to overcome obstacles and of course I believe in the power of dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. Whats the worse that can happen?
      Thank you for enjoying.
      Keep in mind I was brainwashed in a corporate environment. But I do find my world better.

      Delete
    2. I guess everyone is a bit brain washed from work, media and even family. So, the question begs, Who are we really?

      I want to go for that golden star, waiting somewhere in the night, I guess I can settle for a sonnet :)

      Delete
    3. Who are we really? - Good question.

      Delete
  15. Once, I rolled my eyes when someone said that relationships are sonnets. I might send her a line of apology. For they sure are, the way you describe them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to what everyone tells me. I don't always agree, but I learn a lot.
      Thank you for everything you do.

      Delete
  16. I love how you have captured your world in beautiful sonnets A life lived in poetry. I agree that you can affect your life quite a bit with an optimistic positive outlook. We have quite a lot going on but we still laugh and go out and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good feelings.
      These are hard things to keep in mind when things are coming down. That is why we must always practice being positive.

      Delete