Friday, August 11, 2017

Jasmine's Flower to Asian Bachelorette 
A lover is overwhelmed by a flower 
A flower is overwhelmed by lovers 


Jasmine’s Flower (English sonnet) 

Just like some special moment set aside
A while which only kisses can perceive
Soft memories of once were make-believe
My little flower upon your scent I glide
I float with vales of stardust in my eye
Not sparing daring dreams which linger near
Entwining arms of Joy which I held dear
Soft sighs as life so gently floats on by
-
Forever I am captured in your scent
Like lovers yearning for another kiss
Or friends brought back together by a song
With you the air of youth is never spent
Enticing hearts who wish to enter bliss
Recalled by jasmine’s flower I so long


A lover is overwhelmed by a flower or two in this English sonnet. As most sonnets of this type, this one is divided into two parts. The first half describes a feeling created by a flower. The second half has the flower being addressed directly. This sonnet is also an acrostic poem. Yes. the Jasmine, in this sonnet, is both a plant and a lady. 

Arlene had this great receptionist job. I had just joined the Masons. Arlene's boss was a Mason. He wanted to congratulate and welcome me into the fraternity, as well as rewarding Arlene for all her good work, by joining him and his wife at his house. The plan was that Arlene and I were to stay at his place and on the following day go out on his yacht (he was wealthy). We drove up on Friday. It wasn't a house. It was a estate. After a very enjoyable evening, Arlene and I were taken to a guest bedroom. The next day was very hot. Perfect for yachting. It was about 10:00 before we saw our host. The smell of jasmine was heavy in the air. So the extra hours was a gift to Arlene and me. Our host apologized for staying in bed so log. Over breakfast, I told him it was okay. It gave me a chance to enjoy the scent of jasmine in the air. It turned out he likes jasmine too. He told me we can go yachting anytime. If I really wanted to see something, follow him.We took a seat on his patio. There we were, two teenage men in their 40's ogling two beauties. who were our wives. It was amazing, our seats on that patio allowed us a wonderful view of his wife as she was showing Arlene around. The ladies knew we were watching them and flirted with us. When the ladies finally came to sit on our laps, our host said, " Do you want to see something?' He made a phone call. Over time, people started to arrive. All of a sudden, magically, it was a party under the intoxicating air of jasmine. It was an unbelievable afternoon and evening: the people, the music, the food, Arlene, the jasmine... The following day the weather was cooler. On the promised yacht cruise I remember thinking, "We can go yachting anytime."

It's nice to be rich. What about Arlene and me? We were party to it all. How many of us couldn't call to meet a friend or two? (Relating to the story.) "Money can't buy everything." We've all heard that one. But it sure can lift the burden of the things we can't do from our minds. To be honest, I am not rich, but I have had Chevron and the Masons pay to make my ideas reality. I've seen what money can do. I've also seen what people can do. Ordinary people, like me. Let's put the tales aside. Maybe money can buy anything. What is an "ordinary" person? Someone who can potentially achieve anything? What else were we told? The truth is: It all starts here. What we believe. We are truly wonders, who can enrich the worlds around us. And while we do, Enjoy.


How about a song: Mystic Diversions "A scent of Jasmine" 

Now for a new episode of The Bachelorette 


The Bachelorette is a reality television dating game show, owned by Warner Horizon Television, that debuted on ABC on January 8, 2003. The show is a spin-off of The Bachelor aired on the same network. The show offers the opportunity for a lady to choose a husband among eligible bachelors. Wong Fu Productions noticed that there too many eligible Asian bachelors. 
To correct this, here is Wong Fu Productions' episode of The Bachelorette. "Asian Bachelorette" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



From plants that wake when others sleep, from timid 
jasmine buds that keep their odour to themselves all day, 
but when the sunlight dies away let the delicious secret out 
to every breeze that roams about. 
Thomas Moore



 

21 comments:

  1. beautiful story Martine!

    you can call me pathetic but let me share with you that i Love being with less in life.

    My shocking decision that surprised my father ( mother knew my nature already she was best friend) and other relatives was to choose a poor person among all other five rich people who had bungalows ,cars and high life style for which all my girl cousins were starving for .

    I feel having less in life is freedom (may be i am too lazy) from many responsibilities that come with wealth .

    Every year my husband's income and scale upgrades which making life more easy but deep inside me i feel stuck in marble house i starve to absorb the scent of clay house which rises when it rains .

    in my opinion starting with zero and struggling to reach some destination which can give you the sense of achievement and identity is job of real heros the common man .he is actual superman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this deep and personal insight.
      I see that smile on your face in your pictures. There is richness in that.
      Enjoy the treasure which is you.

      Delete
  2. Money sure helps a ton, as it means you can cover things when crap hits the fan. And it takes money to make money. But when one distinguishes between needs and wants, things go much smoother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go. Right on the mark.
      (there are other ways to make money, if money is what one wants)
      Thank you, Pat

      Delete
  3. Hello, love the pretty poem and great story. I wish i had some jasmine growing here, love the scent. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an exec who wanted jasmine in his office. The solution was finding a plant that would grow indoors on the 34th floor.
      Thank you for everything.

      Delete
  4. Wealthy, like so many other things, is a matter of perspective. I started to type that money couldn't buy me the things I most value. Which is true. And then I remembered that I have a roof over my head, can afford food and (hopefully) medical care. Which makes me wealthy in comparison to many, many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! You got it. (perspective) Now we must share the wealth.
      Thank you for all you do.

      Delete
  5. "Money can't buy everything."
    We've all heard that one

    It certainly can't buy good feelings, satisfying emotions and loving companionship - all which come with sincerity!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it can't. Maybe it can. Chevron used its money to make its work force positive. The same power we have.
      Thank you for the wealth of you.

      Delete
  6. Touching sonet,important to cherish the moment, life is too short... ~ Thanks for visiting my blog often, Martin! ~ Enjoy your weekend! ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must make and treasure our moments.
      Thank you for the pleasure of your site.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marian. Appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  8. Money and wealth don't mean anything in life. What is important to me is my estranged family and health. Enjoy reading the poem Martin.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to be in touch with one's values.
      Thank you for all you do.

      Delete
  9. Jasmine is a lovely flower as is your poem and memories of that day. It is wonderful that you appreciate beauty so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you For your kind words. So glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  10. A really good one to read as always. A delightful sonnet and the two parts tie together so well, of love and flowery scents. As to the debate about money, a recent study found that having and spending money may actually buy happiness. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that info.
      I appreciate all of kind and supportive words.
      I hope you don't mind me posting your inspiration post on FB.

      Delete
  11. The poem is beautiful, but the message is powerful. "We can go yachting anytime", I think at that moment it was more important to enjoy "now". I can't say I ever went yachting, but I can say I have enjoyed some wondrous moments.

    I guess when you have money you can make all sorts of magical things happen.

    ReplyDelete