Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Her Smile to Club Seduction 
One lady's seduction is her smile 
Another lady's seduction is lost to the unknown 


Her Smile (sonnet) 

Behold oh happy heart her smile yet glows
In dreams once set to wonder at her touch
While wandering mid stars which she would clutch
As she would recreate the scent of rose
-
There never was a smile which dared so much
To share with us another way to dance
Of possibilities behind a chance
But for a moment we can be as such
-
A smile returning flowers now enhance
Each adding unique flavor to her style
A simple show her life was all worthwhile
Forever’s lover will fall in her trance
-
Now as she sleeps what dreams does she beguile
Which calls me off to wander with a smile


A smile so enchanting wanders through a sonnet. At first glaze this looks like a Shakespearean sonnet. On closer examination, it doesn't follow the Shakespearean rhyme scheme. The center rhymes become the outer rhymes of the following stanza. 

It is no secret, I'm a sucker for a kiss. Arlene did have a "take me away" smile. There was a time when that smile disappeared. Arlene was working at a computer company. It was a small start-up. The employees were like a family. Arlene liked this job a lot. Something big was discovered at her job. Something that required the "family" to put in extra hours. Whatever it was went on for weeks. The owners brought in food, entertainment and other incentives. At the home front, I could tell the hours were getting to Arlene. It was in her smile.

It was a Thursday. I arrived at Arlene's job unexpected. Little did Arlene know that I contacted the owners and shared my concern about Arlene. With a little confusion, I convinced Arlene to come with me, to the cheers of her coworkers. I took Arlene to her favorite store for some clothes shopping, From there I took her to an early dinner, After dessert, I handed her a note. It was a thank you note from the owners, with a check to cover dinner. From dinner, I took Arlene for a little dancing. I could tell she was tired, so even though she was enjoying the evening, I took her home.  After a shower, I gave her a message. Somewhere in there Arlene fell asleep. As I turned off the lights I caught sight of her face. There was that smile which said it all.

Sometimes the doctor doesn't take his own advise. No one has to tell us or remind us about taking a break or a time-out from something that is a chore. What if it's something we like? What if we really like our job? What if we're really into something? Overall, this can be a good thing. But stay alert. Our body has ways of communicating with us. Even the best job can make us tired. Some routines, though they seem pleasant, may have a negative effect on us and/or take a tole on our enjoyment of it. Stay alert. Take breaks. Do or try something different  or a different way of doing things. "Variety is the spice of life." Not just a saying, There are meanings, depths in it. Believe it or not, all of this is for us to Enjoy.


Back to the smile: Daryl Hall and John Oates "Sarah Smile" 

A smile is one thing. Then there's...



Five interesting fact about smiles:
  1. Forcing yourself to smile can boost your mood: Psychologists have found that even if you’re in bad mood, you can instantly lift your spirits by forcing yourself to smile.
  2. It boosts your immune system: Smiling really can improve your physical health, too. Your body is more relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system.
  3. Smiles are contagious: It’s not just a saying: smiling really is contagious, scientists say. In a study conducted in Sweden, people had difficulty frowning when they looked at other subjects who were smiling, and their muscles twitched into smiles all on their own.
  4. Smiles Relieve Stress: Your body immediately releases endorphins when you smile, even when you force it. This sudden change in mood will help you feel better and release stress.
  5. Women smile more than men: Generally, women smile more than men, but when they participate in similar work or social roles, they smile the same amount. This finding leads scientists to believe that gender roles are quite flexible. Boy babies, though, do smile less than girl babies, who also make more eye contact. 
Then there's this. "Baroness von Sketch Show | Club Seduction | IFC" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody's heart. 
Anthony J. D'Angelo



 

30 comments:

  1. Stay alert we must. It is better to miss out and take a break than it is to not miss out, die because of it, and miss out on so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words of wisdom wisely put.
      Thank you for your clarity.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading all about the smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grateful to know that you enjoyed. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Smiles are a thing of wonder, miracles that brighten the face... And when the smiles come from a face we love, well... pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this glorious definition of a smile.

      Delete
  4. Time out breaks are essential to retain our (sometime tenuous) grasp on sanity. I have also found that if I DO take those breaks I am more productive when I return.
    One of my brothers worked a very stressful job. For about a week to ten days every year he stayed at work - with his wife bringing him in changes of clothing. And each year when that period was over he was sick. Twice hospitalised. He never learnt though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject.
      My job was also very stressful. But the project didn't last that long and were different. I used to break out in rashes on my hands.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful poem, smiles can indeed be contagious. I'm glad you were so observant and gave Arlene a much needed experience. I also enjoyed reading about the science of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the gracious words.
      It is so good that you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  6. A smile, laughter can brighten up a room like a thousand suns. You have produced yet another intriguing piece, and the stories are a delight to read as always. Warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such wonderful images you conjured.
      Thank you for your warm compliment.
      Warm smiles to you

      Delete
  7. As I always say, a smile can go miles. I was having a bad day today and a friend made me smile from miles away.

    I went to a seminar once and the speaker told us he tells customer service folks to keep a mirror by their desk to see if they are smiling. Apparently, a smile is conveyed over the phone lines. Interesting..

    I do agree we need these small breaks in the journey as they ignite energy and creativity. I take small breaks through dreams, but even I get tired of chasing rainbows.

    wishing you peace Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a wonder in a smile. You have been blessed with a gift.
      Thank you for your affirmation. Have faith, we'll catch then rainbows.
      ...until then Dream on...

      Delete
  8. I must admit that I have never paid all that much attention to most smiles, but there have been some that could not be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this with us and for the visit.
      Enjoy those smiles.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful story, and what a good husband you were to her, Martin. I love your stories of Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. So happy that you enjoyed.

      Delete
  10. I cried like hell and for years ,but that was past .
    i am so grateful and so serene that God widened my horizons and now i learn to smile
    i know i will be smiling when i will be taking my very last breath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beautiful. Thank you for this inspiration.

      Delete
  11. You are blessed with loving heart Martin and your undefeatable love for your wife is so inspirational ,God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So kind of you to say.
      May life smile on you.

      Delete
  12. Your sonnet is lovely. So is your story and I appreciate your advice. I was one of those "doctors" who didn't take my own advice. It's so true we can become overworked and sad even if doing something we like. By the way - I'm smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed this.
      It is also good that you shared your knowledge on the subject.
      Keep smiling...

      Delete
  13. Beautifully penned, Martin! Thank you for your words. First time I have genuinely smiled in a while:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... you where just trying to make me happy with this comment.
      It worked. Thank you

      Delete
  14. I enjoyed reading your sonnet, very expressive. I like your style of writing, and you are so knowledgeable about poetry. I studied poetry in Open University studying with Humanities, but sadly it was only for a month. Keep up the good work. I'll come back and read some of your earlier posts.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind words. It is great to meet you.
      My best teachers were other poets.
      Enjoy your visits. I appreciate the support.

      Delete