Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Yesterday to I'm Batman 
A lover reflecting on yesterday 
The Riddler reflecting on Batmen 


Yesterday (lyrical poem) 

I often look into the stars
And think about just where you are
And can you see what I can see
Is there a time you think of me
-
When I’m alone I talk to you
The unsaid praises you were due
Alone I listen carefully
A word a sign you sent to me
-
But maybe it’s too far away
The things I lost to yesterday
-
The images that I hold dear
Make me believe that you are near
Again upon my knees with you
Forgive the sorrows we’ve been through
-
Or maybe it’s too far away
Those things I pay for yesterday
-
I ask you to look through my heart
The moments we shared at the start
And if you see that I’m untrue
I do not know what more to do
-
Still maybe you’re too far away
And maybe there’s no yesterday
-
But still just once in a while
There’s hope I still make you smile
Till then
And when
I’m with you again
-
Remember that was yesterday
And yesterday is far away 


A person reflects on yesterday and someone in this lyrical poem. In this song stanzas with four lines are verses. Stanzas with two line are the choruses. The last verse (the stanza with five lines) is a verse and a coda. Throughout, the meter is kept tight, so that this easily fits into a song. 

Arlene passed away on August 11, 2003. She lived such a grand life that for days people came to say their goodbyes. There was not even standing room at the church where her funeral service was held. People waited outside the doors.The Freemasons (a men's organisation) held a funeral reception in honor and celebration of all she had done. And me? I spend many-a time revisiting yesterday. Did it really happen? It was unbelievable. I have pictures and other visual records and memorabilia that hint something did happen. Many dreams, that we gave birth to, took on lives of their own and live through others. In the days that we were together, there were were many Martins. There was Martin the musician. Martin the photographer. ...the spiritual leader, the dancer, the outdoors-man. the parent, the coach, the leader and much more. Me. Many of them floating in yesterday. And now yesterday claims her. My partner. Arlene. I miss her a lot. Yet how can I be sad? It all was pretty fantastic. Yesterday has taken so much, but returned wonderful memories and more for myself and for others. A wonderful garden of splendors. At the end of which is a light, The warm welcome light of tomorrow.

Such is the nature. the wonder of our existence. Always living in the past and guessing at the future. We humans are incapable of living in the "now". What exists in a picture, we are incapable of doing, We need motion for everything. Even wilder, by the time we experience anything. it has already happened. Fast as it may be, it takes time for things to reach the brain and for the brain to process the information. When one considers all that transpires in any experience and how fast it all happens, it's amazing. Now throw this in. What we experience rarely represents what actually occurred. From the moment of an experience it must pass through filters to, in and from the the brain. As time is added to when an experience happened more is added to or taken away from the actual experience. So when someone (like me) says, "live in the now", we understand why this is somewhat confusing. Yet, we are still wonderful. Take in the wonder and Enjoy.


Joy may be found anywhere: Al Marconi "Black Rain" 

Batman riddles the Riddler 


The Riddler, or Edward Nigma, is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. He is an adversary of Batman. The character made his first appearance in Detective Comics #140 (October, 1948) and was created by Bill Finger and Dick Sprang. The Riddler takes delight in incorporating riddles and puzzles into his plots, and leaves them as clues for the authorities and Batman to solve. 
Now the gang of Studio C has Batman posing a riddle for the master of puzzles. "I'm Batman" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



It's sad to know I'm done. 
But looking back, I've got a lot of great memories. 
Bonnie Blair




44 comments:

  1. Hello, it is possible for yesterday to be so far away and yet still close. The memories can be wonderful. Your Arlene was very popular and loved. Love the poem! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yesterday" can be a fascination (as you well know, with all your beautiful pictures).
      Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Things sure happen quick. We spend way longer waiting for them than they ever last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have hit on a big issue we humans have.
      Thank you, Pat, for keeping our minds whirling.

      Delete
  3. This is a very heartfelt and sad poem.A beautiful expression of longing and acceptance.A keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I firmly believe that while people are remembered (particularly with love) they are not gone. Temporarily inaccessible perhaps, but not gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these comforting and reassuring words.

      Delete
  5. I love the poem, it is so gently full of beauty. Arlene sounds like she was amazing, I am moved by the love you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment and your comforting words.

      Delete
  6. I like the message of yesterday being far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed and I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  7. Well written. Your words evoke thoughts and memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments. So glad to meet you.

      Delete
  8. The longing for you loved one is human and so sincere. Most writers my the closeness of "in my heart" ♥ your sincere accepts the distance.
    I love your poem as well as your notes.

    Happy Tuesday

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillena, for your comforting and warm words.
      So good that you enjoyed.

      Delete
  9. This is especially uplifting for me today, Martin, when I have been felled with an attack of grief.........but yes, as you say, there was such love, such amazement, such an INCREDIBLE journey! One can only be grateful. As for the lines about forgiving the sorrows you went through, I believe, at the moment of death, the soul understands fully, every single thing, from all perspectives and knows whatever happened happened with loving intentions, and forgives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us show how great our love was and is by not allowing anything to lessen the joy we made.
      Thank you, Sherry, for opening your heart.

      Delete
  10. The lyrical flow through out really lends itself to the emotional feel you've created. A most enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your gracious compliment, Julian.

      Delete
  11. A moving poem and tribute to your wife by celebrating in a way the memories or as you so beautifully say "the garden of splendors"
    I think we are a little bit able to live in the now. I just did a mindfulness course and it teaches you to be aware of your body, your breath and passing thoughts. It feels like being in the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm and caring comments.
      I am also grateful for the insight that you shared.

      Delete
  12. Yesterday has taken so much,
    but returned wonderful memories
    and more for myself and for others

    Wonderful memories will always live on especially when a loved one has a lot to do with them! True love can never be erased from memory! Very true Martin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken as one experienced, Hank.
      Thank you for enjoying and leaving some of your wisdom.

      Delete
  13. I read this as my brother is currently standing at the side of his wifes death bed living in yesterday and waiting for tomorrow.
    My family is heartbroken.
    This poem hit the spot.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking so highly of this.
      I am so sorry.I hope that this was a little inspiration for your brother. (I know you said, "This poem hit the spot.")

      Delete
  14. This is really lovely. I adore those away/yesterday choruses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this kind compliment.
      So glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  15. Oh, Martin, this is so very touching. I had not realized that Arleen had died in 2003.. It seems her memory is so very fresh with you. She must have been an amazing woman. I am sure she thinks of you from wherever she is. She definitely is not too far away. And you can smile knowing that, when the time is right, you will be together again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these dear and touching feelings and reassurances.

      Delete
  16. perfect blend of longing and relinquishment. Beautiful, both lyric and tender reflection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet, for your wonderful compliment. It means so much.

      Delete
  17. Again, a marvelous expression in chorus form, like in Classic Greek Tragedy, but though it is about death and loss, it is far from tragic. We know yesterday is not too far away.
    And then I read your essay--very poetic. Which do you write first, Martin, the poem or the wonderful thoughts that follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write the post in the order we see it.
      Thank you for your compliment and sharing your thoughts.
      So happy you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  18. a touching poem once again you transport us

    ReplyDelete
  19. The lines move me deeply. So heartbreaking to lose a loved one: The things I lost to yesterday. Love the reflections here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sumana, for your sympathy.
      So good of you to share your feelings.

      Delete
  20. This poem TOUCHED MY SOUL IN DEPTH Martin!!!!!!!!

    You loved her and you were lucky enough to have her for long.Garden of precious memories will never see the autumn though you are brave enough to live vibrantly and gratefully which is important .

    your love for your partner made her eternal and everlasting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are deeply touching. Thank you. I appreciate you reaching out to me.
      Now, let's get out there and live.
      Bless you

      Delete